Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

I have a Tarot rotor frame.
It's got DJI Naza-M V2,
DJI E600 ESCs and 3508/415V motors

I've got at most whole 10 minutes of fly time under my belt.

I thought everything was ok. I had been flying at low altitudes playing around no higher than around 10 feet or so.  Decided to get on it. Took it straight up. All of a sudden I noticed one of the props was no longer turning. Copter is starting to wiggle around up there. I'm trying to bring it down but in the process, it's drifting a bit.  I'm not in an open field rather my neighborhood.

It drifts across the street and I'm having a hard time trying to steer it (again, newbie).  I'm trying to gently manouver it the best I can, but it gets behind the HUGE cedar tree. I've lost all visual contact with the drone, I'm thinking, well... .There goes that.   Somehow either I manipulated it, or it helped, not sure which, it comes out from behind the tree.   At this point, I see the prop that was not spinning go flying away. Ah Sh1t.

I'm trying to be very very gentle on the controls, I manage to get it to a place where I can come straight down.  Luckly I was able to land in the neighbors yard. It bounced off a plant that was on a stand.  No harm to plan.  Copter seemed to be in ok shape. No damage from what I can tell other than a missing prop.

I go in the house, grap a new prop.  Put it on.

Take drone out for another spin.  Mistake.  I should have checked each motor better.  I think when it landed in the neighbors yard, dirt got into one of the motors because it was ok at first, but after I layed on the stick to make it shoot up, I lost control of it again.

This time I was able to land it in a different neighbors yard in a bush. Lucky #2

2016-6-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please fly in a open area until you are comfortable in flying the craft.  Read the Naza manual and make sure that all the settings are correct in the Assistant.  Calibrate the IMU and the Compass before you fly again.  
2016-6-2
Use props
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-6-2 09:05
Please fly in a open area until you are comfortable in flying the craft.  Read the Naza manual and m ...

I did calibrate and go through the steps in the Naza manual.  But, can't help that a prop flew off.  ;)
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

RickBlacker Posted at 2016-6-3 03:37
I did calibrate and go through the steps in the Naza manual.  But, can't help that a prop flew off ...

In regards to the propellers, you do want to make sure that they are tight and secure. After this incident, you may want to look into using a fresh set of propellers to make sure they're not stripping. Check the threads on the motors as well.

Either way, I guess 3rd time's the charm?
2016-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules