Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unlock No Fly Zone
12Next >
65325 54 2016-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wcp2
lvl.2

United States

Today our RC Club (AMA) put on flying demo for some senior citizens from a near by Home. This event was held at local airport
which gave us a green light for the event. Took my Phantom 3A so we could get some nice pictures of the event. That did not
happen because "NO FLY ZONE" you can not take off ! So my question is there any way I can fly next time ?
2016-6-2
Use props
skipilot1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1557398 ft

I don't believe you can. Unlocking lets you within the five mile radius, but keeps you about 1 or 1 1/2  miles from the runway.

I have tried unlocking and using the DJI Go Beta app but I am stopped about a mile from the airport.
2016-6-2
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

South Korea

skipilot1  is correct. Basically there's nothing you can do about this.
2016-6-2
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-3 00:27
skipilot1  is correct. Basically there's nothing you can do about this.

One thing you can do is to purchase a drone that does not have no fly zones. There are many inexpensive GPS drones getting released right now and I bet most of them do not have any flight restrictions. You still need to follow the local rules however.
2016-6-3
Use props
wcp2
lvl.2

United States

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2016-6-3 10:44
One thing you can do is to purchase a drone that does not have no fly zones. There are many inexpe ...

What if would turn off GPS location on ISO before I reach the location ?
2016-6-3
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

wcp2@mchsi.com Posted at 2016-6-3 22:58

The Phantoms GSP doesn't have an 'off' switch.
2016-6-3
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

of find a sheet of lead or very thick aluminium foil
2016-6-3
Use props
irp
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

You are free to fly in most airport NFZ's with the GEO firmware.
Right now I think it is being worked on as the GEO firmware is not on the website anymore.
Please keep checking in.

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
2016-6-3
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

You have to sign into your DJI account to unlock the no fly zone. Simple procedure. You are releasing DJI from any Liability. Very understandable.
2016-6-3
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Singapore

wcp2@mchsi.com Posted at 2016-6-3 22:58

Checking the box in the DJI Go saying you are authorized to fly, will unlock a lot of nofly zones, but still, you are not authorized to get too close to the airstrips of an airport, somethign like a mile.

Alternatively, you can stick an aluminum foil or something like that on center of the top of the plane, so it blocks the GPS signal. Then there's noway the plane know where it is, hence no restrictions. But obviously it is a bit dangerous for your plane and you may breach the law somehow.

2016-6-3
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Singapore

irp Posted at 2016-6-4 01:01
Note that encasing the entire drone in lead shielding may substantially reduce your flight time. R ...

It goes on the top spot of the plane, where the GPS receiver is located, not all over the plane.
2016-6-3
Use props
RoccoT31
lvl.1
Flight distance : 289318 ft

So where do you find this check box in the dji go app or in the account settings on dji.com...
2016-6-26
Use props
MyDroneX
New
United States

So Rocky Mount Wilson Airport (RWI) has a red restricted no-fly area. So on the DJI Go App it will not allow authorization at all like you can the yellow and green areas. How crazy is this now that Part 107 is out and applicable rules for the recreational pilots are known. So how do I go about getting my Phantom 4 cleared for takeoff to inspect our hangar roof?
DJI is a great company but needs to revamp its Geo. It's just as dangerous to fly it in the yellow area if you don't know what you're doing. Makes no sense.
2017-1-13
Use props
Webassign
lvl.2
United States

MyDroneX Posted at 2017-1-13 10:43
So Rocky Mount Wilson Airport (RWI) has a red restricted no-fly area. So on the DJI Go App it will not allow authorization at all like you can the yellow and green areas. How crazy is this now that Part 107 is out and applicable rules for the recreational pilots are known. So how do I go about getting my Phantom 4 cleared for takeoff to inspect our hangar roof?
DJI is a great company but needs to revamp its Geo. It's just as dangerous to fly it in the yellow area if you don't know what you're doing. Makes no sense.

I think for red areas you can email them to get it unlocked
flysafe@dji.com
2017-1-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Webassign Posted at 2017-1-18 14:38
I think for red areas you can email them to get it unlocked

No, red zones are not able to be unlocked under any circumstances.
2017-1-18
Use props
Ribfeast
lvl.2
Australia

Copper or aluminium foil over the top works fine, but I've seen it get GPS signal regardless sometimes.  Also be aware you'll be in atti mode, so no safeguards, return-to-home etc.  Don't do it when windy etc.  If it suddenly gets a GPS signal it will immediately start landing, and you will only have horizontal control.
I wouldn't do it unless you have permission from someone at the airport with the authority to allow it.
2017-1-18
Use props
Messi's dad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3946417 ft
China

You can try to remove or cover the GPS model,that you can fly in atti mode
But be careful!!!
2017-1-18
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

If I Knew that I  needed to work in the NFZ Zones..... Id honestly get another brand of drone or custom build.

Honestly either option is not that hard to do ..... Dji light bridge is the best the on the market IMO, However even that can be bought separately and incorporated into you're own build.

I am no fan of geofence.(This is mostly because I do not recognize any authority in the USA other then the FAA,  therfore having to ask some Chinese company for permission to fly my drone just rubs me the wrong way) ..

I do however understand their logic when it comes to consumer grade products...  If you are truly a Pro then this is not going to be an issue for you.... If you're not, then it is most likely in everyone's best interest to confirm who you are and what you intend to do in a red zone.
2017-1-19
Use props
Webassign
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-18 14:51

This is from their website about the geo fence
Capture.JPG
2017-1-19
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

You can go into the advanced settings in the menu and find "Geofencing" which can be turned off by selecting it. I ran into that issue back during summer when I selected it by mistake and noticed a few days later I was unable to fly from areas I normally fly from and to make matters worse, It would not let let take off at night, like it remembers the time of day (after sun goes down). I found the setting later that eve and unselected it and then it flew fine. Nearest airport was 7 miles away (small municipal) and areas I was flying was from my yard and 2  parks and a abandoned shopping center parking lot 1/2 mile from interstate. I have a video up on youtube that shows this. Ill find it and post it here.
Seems I put up 2 videos with this problem. This is the first. The second one I figured out. This is the second video..

2017-2-8
Use props
Ribfeast
lvl.2
Australia

Where do I find this setting?  I couldn't find it in Advanced under any of the submenus?
2017-2-8
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

Ribfeast Posted at 2017-2-8 19:34
Where do I find this setting?  I couldn't find it in Advanced under any of the submenus?

I am interested in this as well where do you find it for a 3 standard. I have CASA permission to fly near my local airport but DJI block it because its in the dark pink zone.
2017-2-8
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

Select the 3 (...) in the left of the menu then scrol down till you see the Geofencing. Im flying a P3 PRO. (in the 2nd video). Im not sure if the Go app for the standard is set the same way.
2017-2-11
Use props
Ribfeast
lvl.2
Australia

I get Main Controller Settings,  Remote Controller Settings, Image Transmission Settings, Aircraft Battery, Gimbal Settings, and General Settings.  Nothing to do with Geofencing?  I have a P3P also.  
2017-2-12
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

Perhaps Litchi will work?  But then if the geofencing is in the AC firmware and needs special codes to override, then Litchi won't help here and you probably won't get any notification why the AC won't fire up its motors.
2017-2-12
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

It's funny that just south of TIA is designated as an NFZ yet the P3A won't prevent me from firing up the motors.
2017-2-12
Use props
Ben d Drone
lvl.1

Norway

Does anybody know if DJI can or will unlock red areas if you email them and have the proper approvals? I work for Norwegian Air Services and need a 4K drone (Phantom 4 Pro?) to fly inside airports doing site surveys. I wrote a mail to flysafe@dji.com a few weeks back but did not receive an answer.
2017-2-18
Use props
fansf09c20e2
New
Flight distance : 101893 ft
United States

I posted a separate thread on this. I had tower approval to fly...no go as far as the drone software. There should be some kind of waiver to allow an override. Is there not one? It is pretty frustrating to get approval and the reason I can;'t do my job is that the software for the drone won't let me fly.
2017-4-8
Use props
Ken Beland
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

You can set up an advanced unlock on this site. Sign In you account, scroll down to Unlock options, ( you will need your Drones Serial # to input, you will only be able to unlock restricted warning zones within 5 miles of airport, within 1 mile radius is prohibited unless you have written permission from the airport administrator.
2017-4-8
Use props
Ken Beland
Second Officer
United States

Advanced unlocking is available in your DJI Account
2017-4-8
Use props
Ken Beland
Second Officer
United States

Check this Out:   
2017-4-8
Use props
spencer4t
New
United States

I'm using a Phantom 4 pro+ and I've entered my information.  Nothing shows up under MY UNLOCKING PLANS.  I've done the credit card and completed the process.  Is there something I am missing?  Drone still will not fly.  Thanks
2017-5-3
Use props
FMcNeely
lvl.1
Flight distance : 446329 ft
United States

Have you considered using Litchi?
2017-5-3
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

of course u can fly in NFZ zone, in the red you work with DJI direct, u provide paperwork proving u r authorized, and they give you firmware, or app (I forget) with that flight restriction removed...  in yellow u can just register on line, but red requires paperwork.  Now, some people prefer to put aluminum foil over the bird body, but then u r flying  atti mode with no gps, no rth and so on....  totally not supported and may be dangerous....
I do not think litchi would change anything, as this has to do with what the drone knows, not the app.. or so i think. Mind you, I only ever flew in yellow zone, and i know i had to have internet access while flying, as the drone/app were checking internet constantly to see if i am authorized...
2017-5-5
Use props
fans54d7ce53
lvl.1
New Zealand

Incorrect, Any red zone can be unlocked with cooperation with DJI, My inspire is unlocked at our local airfield
2017-5-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

How can you conclude that any red zone can be unlocked after you have unlocked your local airfield?  Can LAX be unlocked?  Can the DC FRZ be unlocked?  
2017-5-27
Use props
DroneDirector
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391063 ft
Faroe Islands

Well that ain't so.
If you have a business project in that area and you have permission to go there, you can.
Only if you are a certified drone pilot for business related things though.

You need to contact DJI though, either via the app or via email, can't quite remember, but it is possible.
It is also possible to fly your drone inside an airport area ''by agreement made a few months ahead of time''

At least that is how it is here in Europe.
Only commercially flights though.
2017-7-18
Use props
DroneDirector
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391063 ft
Faroe Islands

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-5-27 02:31
How can you conclude that any red zone can be unlocked after you have unlocked your local airfield?  Can LAX be unlocked?  Can the DC FRZ be unlocked?

Just my input on this.
I know for instance that Copenhagen Airport ''Kastrup'' can be accessed if it is a commercial flight.
You do however need to contact the airport authorities months ahead of time, 2 or 3 months.

That being said, maybe some airports won't allow it, but Kastrup is a fairly big airport.
2017-7-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yes, it's my understanding that some DJI NFZs that are red can be unlocked just from reading posts on here.  But it's also my understanding that some cannot.  For example, I cannot imagine the DC FRZ being cleared to fly -  I've never heard of it happening.  I live in the DC area.  I can't imagine it happening.  I can't imagine FAA authorizing a DC FRZ 107 drone flight, but even if they did, it would only be in a small well-defined area of the DC FRZ, and I can't imagine DJI unlocking that huge red zone -  because it would then give the pilot access to the entire city by drone.  

The guy in post #37, a noob on this site, declares with authority that any redzone can be unlocked.  And then he ends the post with no links or anything else to qualify his statement.  
2017-7-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules