Inconsistency in uneven horizon?
728 3 2016-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kaitlyn.mclachl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70843 ft
Canada

So these shots are all from this evening, but some taken during different flights/different batteries.

The horizon is:
- Similarly uneven in #1, #2 and #4
- Pretty darn straight in #3

This evening was very calm, and none of these shots were "quick snapshots". I often put into position and hovered there for a while.

This is really annoying because then if I straighten it, I end up cropping out things I was originally framing. Just got my phantom ~48 hours ago. What gives?

2016-6-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Well come on in, to the forum Kaitlyn.
Please do a cold IMU calibration ( chill down the drone, without battery) and then a gimbal calibration. This often fixes the crooked horizon dilemma.

RedHotPoker
2016-6-2
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Use C2 button and right dial (camera setting dial) to adjust the horizon level. It is not a real fix but easy and quick fix before you take photo or video
2016-6-2
Use props
jwt873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

There may be nothing you can do to get constantly level horizons.  If this is the case, the only option is to tolerate it or return the drone for another one, or, if you're past the sellers return date, then send it in for warranty repair.  I've done compass, IMU, and gimbal calibrations until I was blue in the face and nothing helps.  We have such a short summer where I live, I plan on flying mine for a few months and then sending it in for warranty repair before the term ends.

2016-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules