Phantom 3 randomly spins left when ascending
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_
lvl.3
United States

My Phantom 3 very often randomly spins to the left, sometimes 180 degrees. It doesn't do it while moving laterally, or while descending, but randomly does it while ascending. It is very quick and sudden and ruins the video. How do I troubleshoot this issue?

There is another issue with the camera gimbal. It hums loudly in the normal, foreward-facing, parallel-with-the ground position, but is just fine when pointing about 5 degrees or more above or below that position. I also noticed in the video that the camera is actually shaking when in the foreward-facing position too. It seems to be rapidly over-correcting itself. How can I troubleshoot this issue?

- David
2016-6-2
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Since the erratic moving is random and sudden, it doesn't seem to be an issue with the motor or propeller.

I would update the firmware of the plane and RC and your DJI Go all to the latest, then do a compass calibration, then IMU calibration, if issue is unsolved then, contact DJI support.

About the gimbal, calibrating IMU may also help.
2016-6-3
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

Calibrating the IMU fixed the random turning issue. The gimbal problem seems to be gone after wiggling it around a little.
2016-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules