How to Split Videos Easily
4087 8 2016-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allyzonc
lvl.1

Macao

Sometimes, you just only need to do a simple editing, such as split video, rotate video, merge video and so forth. So here comes this tutorial about how to split video with 3 simple ways.

One - Split Video Online
Online-Video-Cutter.com, an acclaimed free online video cutter must be your ideal choice.

Two - Split Video with VLC Media Player
1. Open the video you want to split with VLC.
2. Pause the playback and click the "View" tab in the main menu bar and then select the "Advanced Controls" option in the pull-down menu.
3. Move the slider along the progress bar to the starting point you want to split, then click the red "Record" button.
4. Press Play button for playback and click "Record" button again when it reach the end point. Attention, DO NOT move the slider to the end point since VLC records in real time so you must wait for the video to play.
5. VLC will automatically create the output file after your second click on "Record" button. Typically, the output file exists in the "Videos" or "My Videos" library folder. You can also set the record directory by going to Tools > Preferences and click on Input / Codecs column.

As a powerful and top rated media player, VLC media player also owns the ability to split video with advanced recording feature. However, VLC is not the right video splitter if you need fine tuning control or more precision in cutting. And you have to let the video play while splitting. So, it will take you more time to get the job done if you have a long video to split.

Three - Split Video with 3rd Party Software
If the the both methods above are not for you, just search video splitter in Google. You can try 3rd party software as recommended on the web.

2016-6-3
Use props
Maxwhiteuv
lvl.3

United States

How to simply split video into small parts by file size, count or length with another third-party application - Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate:

Step 1: Import large video files.

Launch and start the program on your computer, click "File" > "Add Video/Audio" or "Add from Folder" to import source files to the program. For splitting Blu-ray or DVD disc, insert Blu-ray/DVD into DVD optical drive or external Blu-ray drive, then click "File" > "Loadf from Disc" option.

Step 2: Define output file format.

From "Format" bar drop-down list, select one of your desired file format to output. If you don't want to loss any file quality, just select to output the same video as original file format.

Step 3: Split video into small parts.

By clicking the "Split" button under the file displaying list, checking "Enable" to enable it, and then you can split the file by file count, time length, or file size according to your own needs.

2017-5-5
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Or, if using Windows, you could just use the built in Windows Movie Maker.  Very precise control and easy to use.  Right click and select Split.
2017-5-5
Use props
christing
lvl.2

Japan

Here is a tutorial on working DJI Phantom video in Windows Movie Maker.
2017-6-29
Use props
Yiliayoung
lvl.3

China

Kind suggestions! I do really appreciate what you said.
1. The online solution is handy, but it also let me worry about the privacy issue.
2. VLC is a reputable program that draws much attention from us. However, it records video frame by frame so that it is not suitable for long videos.
3. About the third-party software, I like video cutter. It can cut and join videos at up to 60X faster speed without re-encoding.
2018-4-11
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-5-5 07:00
Or, if using Windows, you could just use the built in Windows Movie Maker.  Very precise control and easy to use.  Right click and select Split.

Exactly ..... it has even ''zoom in time' control so you can precisely pick the moment to split ..... not only that but ....

Lets say you let video run on a camera and have multiple subjects / items in it that later you wish to divide up. I do this when shooting shows / multiple flights of models with my SS3 etc.

You load the video to Windows Live Movie Maker .... let it decode audio etc. so ready to edit.
Add your title and credit ends. Save as a project.

Now you can cut / move frames / add what you want ... remove portions and create the first video ... edit the title / credit texts if necessary. Save as an MP4 ... You have first video from the general long recording.
Now reload the overall project .... split out the first recording section and start editing the second video ... removing any video after you don't want ... edit title and credit text etc. - save as second video.
Now reload the overall project again ... remove the sections already used to create videos ...

You can go on like this for as many as you like ... basically once you save the total as a Project - it gives you the total template and fast load to get editing.

What I like - is its all FREE !!

Nigel

2018-4-11
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

It always amazes me that people ignore the freebie programs in front of them ....

Windows Live Movie Maker is there free.

Windows Movie Maker, is a more capable version with all the timer line / frame lines etc. to work with but needs convert raw video to WMV from MP4 ... FREE as well !

Nigel
2018-4-11
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe movie maker went the way of the dodo when MS pulled MS Essentials, Live gallery etc, it can be found with a search mind but MS advises against it as they could be compromised, what im saying is, if its a new PC/Laptop then it might not be safe to install WMM, although i have but im stupid like that  ;)
2018-4-11
Use props
Wlee2060
lvl.2

United States

Or, if you're a Mac user, you can use the built-in iMovie to cut videos, very easily, just right click on the clip and select "Split Clip", that's it.
2018-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules