Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RTH height still in meters
3882 13 2016-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikegrook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello Everyone !
I have the DJI GO app set for imperial measurements. The return to home height setting still reads metric (Meters). Can anyone confirm that when I enter the RTH height that it is actually understood as meters by the software. Just looking to clarify to ensure a safe height.

Thank you.
2016-6-3
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Some of the settings will be in Meters and others in Imperial .  I always look at what the symbol is next to the setting.  The RTH is always in Meters, I did a test on this  to confirm as well.  It is a very good point that should be addressed by The DJI reps who write the code.  

I fly with Imperial as well .  

I have my RTH set at 75 meters, that is 246 feet.  Make sure that yours is adequete for your flying environment.  You dont want it to high ( Unless you must ) because the aircraft will climb to this altitude first and then start coming home.  Usually the emergency happens when you will be low on battery and dont want to waste the valuable power on a climb out unless it is necessary.

***I think because this value is stored in the aircraft it is default in meters .

Now when I fly at other areas, I go to 30 meters, 98 feet .  Just check this setting often .

Very good question !

donnie

2016-6-3
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.3

Sometime during one of the last updates that changed. I noticed that also. I've got mine set to Imperial and it "used" to show feet for the RTH altitude. Now it doesn't matter if you have Imperial set or not it will still show meters. Not a big deal since it's pretty easy to figure out just a bit of a inconvenience.
2016-6-3
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

RearViewMirror Posted at 2016-6-3 12:49
Sometime during one of the last updates that changed. I noticed that also. I've got mine set to Impe ...

RVM I do not remeber it ever being in feet, Or I will sound like Hillary or Bill ......"I do not Recall That "  Or  "This is just a conspiracy against my Husband, He has not had relations with these women " Sorry .... got a wee bit carried away.

donnie
2016-6-3
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.3

IIRC it used too. I had mine capped at 400' (not meters) just so I would stay in compliance. I noticed this a while back with the setting now in meters. No big deal just a small amount of math to figure out.
2016-6-3
Use props
mikegrook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-3 13:43
Some of the settings will be in Meters and others in Imperial .  I always look at what the symb ...

Thank you for the helpful reply.  I was setting to a hundred to be safe but now that I know its meters I realize a bit high for my area.

Thanks again for your help !
2016-6-3
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

mikegrook Posted at 2016-6-3 15:00
Thank you for the helpful reply.  I was setting to a hundred to be safe but now that I know its me ...

Happy to , that is how I roll !!

Cheers - donnie
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-4 04:53
Happy to , that is how I roll !!

Cheers - donnie

You are Da man Donnie
Again, thanks so much for all that you contribute to here.
2016-6-3
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-3 16:06
You are Da man Donnie
Again, thanks so much for all that you contribute to here.

Sure , will you also confirm to  forum member shutter that since he has the "device Not detected " that he must send it in for repair.  will sound better coming from you I think then Little ole me ....
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=2#pid422271
Thanks brother

donnie
2016-6-3
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-3 13:43
Some of the settings will be in Meters and others in Imperial .  I always look at what the symb ...

You are right and I don't know metric like I know imperial. I just go three times the figure in meters for a good rough close enough figure.
2016-6-4
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

rodger Posted at 2016-6-4 06:18
You are right and I don't know metric like I know imperial. I just go three times the figure in me ...

I do the same thing !!

donnie
2016-6-4
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-4 07:29
I do the same thing !!

donnie

American ingenuity  
2016-6-4
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Donnie and roger! As Donnie states, I think the Metric/Imperial setting is primarily for the "display" side of the GO App, rather than the "input" settings side. If you look at the MC Settings page, all of these settings are Metric -> RTH, Max Altitude, Max Distance. So those who use imperial display settings simply follow roger's methodology and divide your value in feet by three for a rough approximation:

limits.png
2016-6-4
Use props
djiuser_BLNB6OZgruZE
New

India

check this metric conversions...

net-informations.com/q/m/default.html

2019-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now