DJI Go App
1479 10 2016-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eparnold
New
Flight distance : 7211 ft
United States

Has anyone found a way to stop the DJI go app from saving files recorded by the Inspire during flight to the device being used? I continually have to dump my phones photos and videos because the Inspire fills these galleries up rather quickly.  I have a samsung galaxy S5.
2016-6-3
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I believe if you go to the General Settings on the Go App then scroll down to "Video Cache " you can "disable " the feature or just have "Auto Cleanup"enabled if it gets larger than 2 GB.

Keep in mind, when you disable , you may loose some valuable video that may not be retrievable if you lost the AC.  I just keep mine enabled and just clear the cache every once in a while.

It is of course your choice, you are the Pilot .

donnie

2016-6-3
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Like Donnie said, clearing out the cache every now and then seems to work fairly well for me. This is a good reason to, finances allowing, have a dedicated phone/tablet for your bird. I got a brand new iPad Mini 4 that was on sale  for the main RC but grabbed a Nexus 7 used on Ebay for the slave controller. You can get the 2013 model for a little over $100 if you're good with auctions and they are one of the few that receive both WiFi bands so they will work just fine with apps like Autopilot. I'm also pretty sure you're going to eventually want a larger screen.
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I larger device would also be nice. A NVIDIA Shiuld K is $200 and works great, plus it has a GPS and screen recording.
2016-6-3
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-3 22:09
I larger device would also be nice. A NVIDIA Shiuld K is $200 and works great, plus it has a GPS and ...

I seem to be having problems with the DJI app on my Nvidia Shield ( I use two of them and both have issues) not connecting. I have to unplug and reconnect all the time to get them working. Happens with both the I1 and P3p. Has DJI tested The Shield with the app?
2016-6-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

markaguille Posted at 2016-6-6 02:54
I seem to be having problems with the DJI app on my Nvidia Shield ( I use two of them and both hav ...

I don't know if they have tested the Shield K as it is not on their list.
BUT I used a Shield K for a while and it worked great.
2016-6-5
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Guernsey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-5 23:47
I don't know if they have tested the Shield K as it is not on their list.
BUT I used a Shield K fo ...

When it works, it works great but getting it to work can be a problem at times. I'm not sure if I'm setting it up in the right sequence.
2016-6-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

markaguille Posted at 2016-6-6 15:21
When it works, it works great but getting it to work can be a problem at times. I'm not sure if I' ...

The sequence should not make any difference.
Are you able to try a different device?
Since it does it on your Inspire and Phantom I'm sure it's not the USB port on the RC's.
And if you've tried different USB cables, then it may be the Shield.
2016-6-6
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Guernsey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-6 15:25
The sequence should not make any difference.
Are you able to try a different device?
Since it does ...

Two different shields, both the same issue
2016-6-6
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Ahhh, what a beautifully worded and descriptive thread title.
How about "Is there any way to disable video recording to the DJI Go App" or "Disabling video cache in Go App"

But no, instead we get "DJI Go App"!

Another 30 seconds of my life I won't get back. {:4_142:}
2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

markaguille Posted at 2016-6-7 02:29
Two different shields, both the same issue

Two of our beta test employees use a Shield k and have never complained about it.
I will send a email to them asking if they are having any connectivity issues.
When did you start experiencing this?
2016-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules