Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO won´t turn on after firmware 1.6.2.1 upgrade.
1403 8 2016-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Saytu69
lvl.1

Since i upgraded my OSMO to the new firmware version 1.6.2.1 every time i tried to use it the red light on the right side turns on and the unit won´t turn on.
Every now and then the green light turns on and the unit starts working. I,ve tried starting it without the sd card, changing bateries, switching cards etc.
Does anyone experience the same problem?
2016-6-3
Use props
lvl.1
United States

i experienced it a couple of times, but normally, it would work after switching off and switching on again...
2016-6-3
Use props
Saytu69
lvl.1

512698652 Posted at 2016-6-4 02:59
i experienced it a couple of times, but normally, it would work after switching off and switching on ...

Well, it worked for me too, for a while, but now it wont start! I´m stuck in the red light...
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Saytu69 Posted at 2016-6-4 03:14
Well, it worked for me too, for a while, but now it wont start! I´m stuck in the red light...

Hello.
please check the connection of the battery, make sure it's official DJI Osmo battery. If it's necessary, please try to push it with your finger or something so that the battery can be seated in its place firmly.

Wait for your feedback.
Thanks.
2016-6-3
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

I concur! This never happened before upgrading the firmware. It happened to me several times after the upgrade. I am using original batteries and the original battery extender with the original Inspire 1 100W charger. Best chance I had when it happened was to power off and then power back on while pressing the shutter & trigger buttons. It looks to me that after the upgrade, the WiFi router isn't always booting properly.
Can DJI offer a mechanism in which we can diagnose the cause of the boot failure?
Why is the OSMO not saving logs / dump files in case of failure to boot, so we can send the files to them for investigation?
Regards,
Bogdan
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2016-6-4 13:40
I concur! This never happened before upgrading the firmware. It happened to me several times after t ...

Hi Bornish,
In the latest firmware v1.6.2.10, the battery management system has been updated. The issue we're talking can be solved by checking the connection of the battery generally.
If necessary, we would ask to recall some devices with this issue to have further analysis.

If you have any further feedback, please let me know.
2016-6-3
Use props
Saytu69
lvl.1

well, i use original dji batteries, and for some reason that i still dont know on the log file the tech support guy detected a flaw on a firmware package installation. I tried the installation trough the power&shutter button method over and over and every time the osmo started the update of the firmware in the sd card root, and every time the unit enter the sleep mode sounding the two beeps and stoping the installation.
This is how it is now...

2016-6-7
Use props
Saytu69
lvl.1

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-4 09:51
Hello.
please check the connection of the battery, make sure it's official DJI Osmo battery. If it ...

Original dji batteries...
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Saytu69 Posted at 2016-6-8 10:25
well, i use original dji batteries, and for some reason that i still dont know on the log file the t ...

Hi,
I'm sorry about the problem.
Have you been acknowledged about the exact firmware installation flaw?
How did you proceed the hard reset of the firmware?
Did you extract the latest firmware bin file into the SD card? Is it still in your SD card?
I'd like you to reset your Osmo's firmware again by the "Trigger+Shutter+Power Switch" method, please remember to download the bin file to the SD card, after the resetting, please check the firmware version and keep the log file for our analysis. Before the normal using, please format your SD card firstly.
Wait for your further information.
Thanks.
2016-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules