Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New to geofencing
1057 6 2016-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alanatabz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29459 ft
United Kingdom

Help!

I was going to do some work at the local airport.

As I understand it, I need the authorisation which you detail here   http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock

Using my home PC, I selected the area, Europe UK, and the airport I was doing the work on. This then came up

The plans said the system was unlocked

When I went to fly at the airport, is said the flight was in an area requiring authorisation, which I did using my home PC

Am I supposed to do something using the controller IPAD, or Drone?  I was truing to work out how to unlock it whne the request was on a PC and the IPAD was connected to the Internet.

As a beginner, what do i need to do using my ipdayd to unlock an authorised area? I don;t seem to be able to find anything similar in DJI GO app?

Thanks

2016-6-3
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

As a "beginner" you should be practicing well away from any airport and you should not be doing any sort of "work" let alone work at an airport. These areas are no fly zones for a good reason and are not areas for beginners to be learning in.  Have you even read the manual?
Which airport are you trying to fly in?
2016-6-5
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

Alan,

this would have to be the craziest post I have ever read. Not wishing to sound harsh or offend you but are you serious or is this a belated April fools day post?

You must be barking mad to even contemplate wanting to fly at an airport. Time to check out the rules mate and also apply some common sense. I am sure your CAA would love to have a chat to you about your planned flight training location especially as a beginner.

It will only take one moment of madness and stupidity to stuff it up for all of us

Wolf
2016-6-5
Use props
alanatabz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi All just to be clear....

I have full permission of the airport to do airside drone images, This was to be done an hour before flying starts at 0430 in the morning and of airside buildings and development work. I am doing this under my CAA "Permission For Aerial Work" approval and my Airside ID pass that I hold.   As part of the risk assessment, the RRF is achieved by flying outwith the airport opening hours.no aircraft movement will occur at that time of the morning.   Therefore, legally, I have everything I need to do this work.

I seem to have found the issue.  The Airport is shown as a "authorisation zone" on the unlocking page, but when I try to fly the inspire (With airside ops in attendance liaising with ATC) DJI Go says it's "restricted area". therefore there is some kind of mismatch between the authorised and restricted area. I have passed back this top DJI to check the map/access

Thanks, Alan
2016-6-5
Use props
alanatabz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

PS, As a beginner I meant with the "no fly zone" geo fencing approvals, not the drone flying
2016-6-5
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

alanatabz Posted at 2016-6-6 15:39
Hi All just to be clear....

I have full permission of the airport to do airside drone images, This  ...

Apologies Alan,  your situation is a bit different to what I assumed! Had to ask the question though as the stupid gene is becoming more and more prevalent.

Last time I had to do this, I had to go through a process to unlock the Inspire via DJI Flysafe. They sent out an old software version and also an unlock code in order to fly. It was a bitch of a process and most of the instructions with the screen shots were in Chinese! Oddly enough, the area I was in that was deemed a no fly zone by DJI was actually outside of the 3nm from the aerodrome so theoretically shouldn't have been an issue. In the end, the Inspire did in fact arm without requiring use of the Flysafe software version.

For the legal operators, surely DJI can remove themselves from any legal liability of flight in a no fly zone by simply getting the operator to confirm that appropriate permissions have been obtained for the flight via a message box. The current system is not practicable.   

All the best with it, Wolf
2016-6-6
Use props
alanatabz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks Wolf

I had that problem.

Screenshots in Chinese, and from a diverent App version.

I have uploaded a file sent by DJI

I plan to go to the airport tonight and do a run with the props off to see if it will let me fly then go back at 04:30 at the weekend to try again.

I did fill out some forms they sent me which free themselves from liability, I think if you are a commercial user with appropriate paperwork issues by the aviation authority for the country, that should suffice.

I agree, the current system is not practical.

Regards

Alan
2016-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules