Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
2 month wait on Osmo order
1045 6 2016-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ivandiaz5
lvl.1

Colombia

Is it possible to wait 2 months on an order and still hear that DJI doesnt have a date? Specially when order includes all possible accesories for the Osmo and customers are getting these them at stores with no delay at all! Bad planning DJI!
2016-6-4
Use props
Chicago DP
lvl.3

United States

Answer: Yes. The Chinese are relatively new to all this and haven't reached our level of customer service, although Adela here is very nice!
2016-6-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Chicago DP Posted at 2016-6-5 09:15
Answer: Yes. The Chinese are relatively new to all this and haven't reached our level of customer se ...

Hello.
We'll try our best to improve our customer service.
Any of your good advice about our customer service will be appreciated.

Thanks for your support.  
2016-6-5
Use props
isuksig98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17182 ft
United States

I ordered the entire Osmo setup + X5 adapter in April, they took my money that day and promised a 7 day turnaround time -- still nothing. Product status hasn't been updated for two full months. Ridiculous.

I could simply get one from one of the many online stores but I'm just waiting to see how hilariously bad this gets.
2016-6-5
Use props
Chicago DP
lvl.3

United States

I have my theories. I just cancelled my Z axis order and received a request from DJI customer service for feedback. I told them, SINCE THEY DON'T SEEM TO GET IT, that with Americans the level of CS we are used to is:

• Tell us if it's backordered and don't charge us until it's ready.
• If you are having manufacturing problems be truthful and your loyal client base will give you slack.
• Always give an estimated delivery date and if you miss it, give a new ETA update.

Otherwise, Americans will be pissed because they are used to a high level of CS. Adela is trying but you'll notice when it's in regards to dates, timelines and fixes the DJI HQ seems to keep that info in the dark, perhaps for competitive reasons? After all, the Osmo is now facing new competition from Go Pro, Stedicam and others. We US video pros are used to the marketing types from our equipment manufacturers always promoting and giving new info, ala NAB, their culture doesn't work that way, that's why you pull teeth for tidbits of info.

So in sum, I will order all my accessories from US brick & mortar stores where I can talk on the phone with a live US human, determine if it's in stock, when it will be delivered. I would not order from an online only store unless there's a phone number which I can talk to their human, and that's not just because I have recently had to cancel a credit card and debit card lately due to fraud. I believe a lot of this OSMO customer service communication problem is cultural, but you'd have to PM me for my theory. I have several Chinese corporate clients so I feel I know them. Also, when you study DJI as a company the Osmo sales are probably a very small percentage of their total revenues, so why allocate more CS resources, right? Google: DJI and Fortune Magazine, you'll see that DJI is 99.7% a drone company. I really feel that they stumbled on the very successful idea of the Osmo because they saw competitors doing similar, and they RUSHED it to market. This time next year you'll find it all smoothed out, even if they have to hire US CS consultants. My .02¢

Ned
Chicago Videographer
www.nedmiller.com
2016-6-6
Use props
rj74
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Chicago DP Posted at 2016-6-6 11:01
I have my theories. I just cancelled my Z axis order and received a request from DJI customer servic ...

Do you mean .02$
2016-6-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI puts an item on sale, collects everyone's money then they use that money to pay for manufacturing of the product, all the Chinese company's do this. Just business as usual in the land of China.
2016-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules