Firmware v1.1.410 - Blurry Video is not just on live view
1785 12 2016-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179974 ft
United States

I've seen some discussion regarding the blurry video issue with the new firmware update.  Some people indicated it was just on the live feed.  However, I'm seeing it on actual video.
I'm running 1080P, d-log, with custom style of -2,-2,-2.  Still photos seem ok.  However, actual saved video is blurry:

Photo 1:  Screen capture of video after executing color toggle work around (d-log > non > d-log).

Photo 2:  Screen capture of video after Phantom restart.

The best way to see the difference is click on each picture and look at the lettering of the hat.

VideoCaptureAfterRestart1080.JPG
VideoCaptureAfterRestarttoggleofcolormode1080.JPG
2016-6-4
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20778 ft

I'm seeing it on the video too. I ran several tests today and although the flights were fine the mov files saved to P4 were horrible. I reverted back to previous firmware and video and pictures are fine now.
2016-6-4
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

OUCH... dang it.  I shot today for a cancer fund raiser... many of the shots are totally out of focus.  Interestingly, I have a video clip where you see it go from blurry to sharp as a tack.  I didn't notice the blur during the shoot at all.  I can see that I made some adjustment to the camera while the drone was hovering.  Whether I was resetting the color space type to make the live feed sharp or adjusting the exposure, I'm not sure.  But the image goes from a blur to super-sharp in a click.  Maybe I should post it?
2016-6-4
Use props
Alari
lvl.2

Switzerland

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-6-4 20:32
OUCH... dang it.  I shot today for a cancer fund raiser... many of the shots are totally out of focu ...

It certainly wouldn't hurt to share
2016-6-4
Use props
jwt873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I'm seeing blur, when shooting 3840 X 2160 @ 30 frames.  Color - None.   It's not quite the same. It's kind of like looking through a screen.  This started after the last firmware update.

But it's ONLY when tilting the gimbal up and down.  It's ok when flying along watching the ground go by, or, when I'm yawing left or right.   The link below has an unedited 42 second sample copied directly from the MicroSD card.  (Filesize 306 MB).  

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10425557/Gimbal-tilt-prob.MP4

(It's on Dropbox rather than YouTube because YouTube sometimes does its own thing with the resolution).

EDIT:  Darn, I just noticed that I can't play it in Internet Explorer or Firefox.  I guess they don't like 3840.  To see it, you'll have to right click & download it, then view it with your video player.

It works with Windows Media Player and simialr...
2016-6-4
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok, I uploaded the footage to Vimeo (give it a few minutes.. uploading a fairly large file).  Take a look full screen.  

It is a 30+/- second clip.  The beginning of the clip is blurry, then I made an exposure change, then I at 20 seconds snapped out of D-log to another color space, and snapped back to D-log to shoot.  Upon returning to D-log, the footage is super sharp.

I was hired today to shoot this event.... I Had no idea that the recorded footage was affected by this blur problem.  I thought only the streamed video was affected.  
For what it is worth, on another note, I could only send the drone out about 200 yards in either direction before I lost transmission signal too.
:-(
2016-6-4
Use props
desertstormarti
lvl.2
Flight distance : 710587 ft
United States

Blurry video today on my first flights after firmware update.  Ruined some nice shots of some ships I've been waiting to film for a few months. Shame, DJI!
2016-6-4
Use props
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
United States

Took some video earlier today.  Video was sharp after doing the color toggle work around.  However, I stopped the video to shoot some stills.  .jpg stills look horrible but the raw looked ok.  When I went back to video it was extremely blurry.  So it looks like you have to toggle the color each time you first go into video mode and each time you go out and come back in..  This is very frustrating...   

Rolling back to previous firmware until this is addressed.
2016-6-4
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20778 ft

CrimsonPhantom Posted at 2016-6-5 11:21
Took some video earlier today.  Video was sharp after doing the color toggle work around.  However,  ...

I had exactly the same results and i rolled back firmeare to prev version. DJI - plesde fix ASAP!
2016-6-4
Use props
mikaelbjo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 705367 ft
Sweden

I updated and both app and FW and had a hole day of video footage of a nice boat trip in croatia wasted from blurry video.

I did the update via the DJI go app. At home yesterday I plugged the phantom to my windows computer and reloaded the new FW again, I think this might have helped.

I tried restarting in both D-log and none mode and it seems to be ok. I like the colors better in none mode so I think I'll use that.

Does this work for anybody else?
2016-6-5
Use props
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
United States

mikaelbjo Posted at 2016-6-5 11:27
I updated and both app and FW and had a hole day of video footage of a nice boat trip in croatia was ...

mikaelbjo,

I think the video blur is corrected by going in and toggle the color.  I don't think it matters what color type you end up with, you just have to change it off current.  So if you are on d-log, changing to another will clear it up.  If you want to shoot d-log you have to select off, then go back and reselect d-log.

The kicker is that you have to do that upon startup and I found this out the hard way; If you stop the video, say to take some still images, when you go back to video you will have the blurred video and must repeat the toggle.
2016-6-5
Use props
mikaelbjo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 705367 ft
Sweden

CrimsonPhantom Posted at 2016-6-5 20:13
mikaelbjo,

I think the video blur is corrected by going in and toggle the color.  I don't think i ...

OK, in that case reloading the new FW solved my problems. I just started the P4 again, took a picture, then a movie and then picture and movie again, all clear.

In the test I take a picture, then video, picture and so on.
2016-6-5
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

I shot about 2 hours of 4K video this weekend at two locations over two days - all my video is razor sharp, with no need to change color modes to achieve that result.  However, I always shoot with color set to "None.'  I don't use D-Log mode, but I understand why other videographers do.
2016-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules