P3S signal lost at low attitude
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnnyp8696
New

New Zealand

Hi,

So I just got a phantom 3 standard and took it out for a fly, at about 30 meters above the ground, the app notified me that the maximum distance has been reached and I lost the signal to the aircraft. The solid green light on the controller turned solid red, but I was still able to control the aircraft. However, the app showed no signal at the top and the screen turned black . Is this a normal behavior?
Thanks in advance,
2016-6-4
Use props
scschulte
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159370 ft
United States

Are you certain that you are not in "Beginner" mode?  However in beginner mode the signal should not be lost-- just the distance / altitude limits in effect.

The screen turning black is not normal - I would verify you have the latest firmware update; do an IMU calibration; compass calibration once at the launching point and verify not in beginner mode.

Good luck and let us know.

Steve - Sunday 5 June 2016
2016-6-5
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558173 ft
Italy

Hi,

What happened to you bear a very close resemblance with the issue I'm tracking here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-54545-1-1.html

In my case it seem to happen when I reach the distance limit, which I conservatively set to 15meters. I didn't reach the max altitude yet, though, so it could be I'd have the same results as yours also in that case.

P.S. If you enable the multiple flight mode you're able to change the preset altitude and distance
2016-6-5
Use props
matheusalcantar
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi,

I think you are having the same problem that I am and so many others.
The distance was a coincidence.
Look my thread and see the comments..

http://forum.dji.com/thread-54202-1-1.html
2016-6-5
Use props
johnnyp8696
New

New Zealand

scschulte Posted at 2016-6-5 18:20
Are you certain that you are not in "Beginner" mode?  However in beginner mode the signal should not ...

Yes, I have the latest firmware installed as indicated in the app, the beginner mode was off and I tried setting the new altitude to 100m and range to 300m, did the calibration and did a range test. But the same problem occurred. I was still able to control the aircraft after losing the signal but the camera view and all the information are disconnected.
2016-6-5
Use props
johnnyp8696
New

New Zealand

matheusalcantar Posted at 2016-6-5 22:33
Hi,

I think you are having the same problem that I am and so many others.

I agree its maybe a firmware issue since I was still able to control the aircraft despite its showing "no signal" status.

appreciate your time
2016-6-5
Use props
homerdom
New

Ukraine

Hi all, After installing the firmware 1,6,8 bird began to fly up to 50 meters and then lost the video signal. I actually helped with the installation of this version of the firmware 1,5,7: P3S Signal Issue FIX http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D369%26typeid%3D369 but first I put the version dji-go-2-7-2-apkplz.com.apk, I do not remember where , but just at this forum there is a link . After installing the firmware 1,6,8 bird began to fly up to 50 meters and then lost the video signal , now all works well , 120 meters stable video transmitted. Thank you very much to the author !
2016-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules