Blurry image in 4k
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bluesky skydive
lvl.2
Canada

Hey guys!!! hope one of you will be able to help me with these!

since a few time when i shoot in 4K i get a blurry image, but only in 4K. no probleme if i shoot in 1080 or take picture. i've read a few thread about that andabout the focus probleme some peaple have but it seems that they get blurry all the time, not for me (only in 4K). shoot whit different lens and probleme still the same. Igot a few really good shot when i first got my P3P and no blurry image at all then i've start shooting in 1080 for maybe a month and when i came back in 4K it was like that (no crash) nothing special happen.

Can someone help me with that

2016-6-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

There is no focus issue, because there is no focus. The lens on the Phantom cameras are all fixed focus and cannot be altered. What you may be seeing is macro-blocking of rthe image due to lots of very fine detail. It will also depend upon where you see this effect, on your FPV feed with the device attached to the RC unit, or on the file recorded on the SD card in the aircraft. Which is it?

2016-6-4
Use props
bluesky skydive
lvl.2
Canada

here an exemple of the video and we can clearly see a difference

this is the video recorded in 4k

and this is the video recorded in 1080
2016-6-4
Use props
bluesky skydive
lvl.2
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-4 22:58
There is no focus issue, because there is no focus. The lens on the Phantom cameras are all fixed fo ...

its the video on the SD card ... i add both video below if you wanna see the difference.
2016-6-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

bluesky skydive Posted at 2016-6-5 13:04
its the video on the SD card ... i add both video below if you wanna see the difference.

Both the clips in your previous post are in 1080p, even the one you say is 4K?
2016-6-4
Use props
bluesky skydive
lvl.2
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-4 23:09
Both the clips in your previous post are in 1080p, even the one you say is 4K?

i upload both of them in 1080 on youtube, but 1 was film in 1080 and the other one in 4K. even if both are upload in 1080 you can see that the one recorded in 4K dont have a good quality image
2016-6-4
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Is it possible something is happening during the transcoding from 4K to 1080?  Youtube especially does lots of different tricks when it is encoding online video.  Can you upload an untouched short video in 4k from your microSD card without going through youtube?  Just trying to eliminate variables here.
2016-6-4
Use props
bluesky skydive
lvl.2
Canada

endotherm Posted at 2016-6-4 23:44
Is it possible something is happening during the transcoding from 4K to 1080?  Youtube especially do ...

i've used final cut pro for the transcoding from 4K to 1080 and then put it on youtube. but if you tell me how to do i will do that. but i know youtube is not the best to transcode media but i can tell you that what you see right now on the video is really like the original i have on my computer
2016-6-4
Use props
bluesky skydive
lvl.2
Canada

nobody have ever get something like this?
2016-6-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

bluesky skydive Posted at 2016-6-5 13:52
i've used final cut pro for the transcoding from 4K to 1080 and then put it on youtube. but if you ...

The best way would be to give us an un-touched 4K clip to look at, and the best way is to create an account with Dropbox, then upload to them and finally post a link to the clip here.
2016-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules