Multiple Flight Modes Not Working?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amelia.bolli01
lvl.2

United States

Hi, I have owned the Phantom 3 Standard for about a month now. Ever since the latest software update,  it seems I cannot change flight modes. I have also enabled multiple flight modes. The switch seems to do nothing and I am stuck in P-GPS mode with no access to Atti or Intelligent modes. Any Suggestions? Also, it might not be because of the latest software update, I can't remember if I tested multiple flight modes before the update, but I think I did and it worked. Any suggestions or similar issues? Could it be a broken switch? Thanks?
2016-6-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You are aready in the air, when testing these autonomous flight modes, right?

RedHotPoker
2016-6-4
Use props
Calgary_drone
lvl.1

What are the flight modes for?
2016-6-4
Use props
amelia.bolli01
lvl.2

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-6-5 14:07
You are aready in the air, when testing these autonomous flight modes, right?

RedHotPoker

Yes, I am in the air
2016-6-5
Use props
amelia.bolli01
lvl.2

United States

Yes, I am already in the air and flying when I flip the switch.
2016-6-5
Use props
scarper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59272 ft
Australia

In the go app there is an option to enable multiple fight modes....make sure that is enabled.
2016-6-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Calgary_drone Posted at 2016-6-5 01:00

Please RTFM. ;-)
Read The Flight Manual. Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-6-5
Use props
amelia.bolli01
lvl.2

United States

So, any suggestions? Should I open up my controller?
2016-6-5
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

amelia.bolli01 Posted at 2016-6-6 02:07
So, any suggestions? Should I open up my controller?

Just to make sure (you said most of this above, but just to be sure we're on the same page):

• You have Intelligent Flight Mode turned on for the craft in the GO App. (Note: if you have more than one craft, it needs to be set for both--the GO app saves settings per craft.)
  • And you have, during flight and in the air, the switch in F mode on the remote control.
  • You are aware that the location of the Intelligent Flight Mode modes in the Go app have changed in different versions. In the current version, when you switch to F mode on the remote, a new icon appears on the left hand of the screen, the bottom most of about 3 icons.

If all of that is true, does the GO app give you any kind of message or change at all when you switch to F mode on the remote?

As for opening it up, if it's in warranty, I would not.

Chris

Edit: changed OIC to "Intelligent Flight Mode" since it no longer seems to be called OCI.

2016-6-5
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Hi Amelia, just like what scarper and Not a Speck Of have said, make sure you switch the Multiple Flight Modes on, on your first use of the new Go app version. I've just had my app updated and initially the MFM is set to off. Enjoy your bird!

2016-6-5
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Calgary_drone Posted at 2016-6-5 14:00

There are three different flight modes for the phantoms that you really should know about since there are pretty big differences between them, each with their own plus and minuses. You should catch up, bud! Fly safe!
2016-6-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

vandruten Posted at 2016-6-5 12:46
There are three different flight modes for the phantoms that you really should know about since th ...

The different aspects can be understood, reading this brief description, tutorial, with diagrams.
http://www.dji.com/product/intelligent-flight-modes

RedHotPoker
2016-6-5
Use props
amelia.bolli01
lvl.2

United States

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-6-6 02:18
Just to make sure (you said most of this above, but just to be sure we're on the same page):

Thanks for the great reply, but how do I turn on intelligent flight mode?
2016-6-5
Use props
amelia.bolli01
lvl.2

United States

So, how do I turn on IOC?
2016-6-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

amelia.bolli01 Posted at 2016-6-6 11:46
So, how do I turn on IOC?
Hope these 2 pics could help you:
IOC1.PNG IOC2.PNG

2016-6-5
Use props
Jakub7
New

Poland

Hi,

I have the same problem with my P3 ADV. Setting up the F-GPS mode on dont change anything. Icon from first picture dont show up ...
Any advise ?
2016-6-6
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Jakub7 Posted at 2016-6-6 15:01
Hi,

I have the same problem with my P3 ADV. Setting up the F-GPS mode on dont change anything. Icon ...

Hi Jakub, which version of the Go app are you on?
2016-6-6
Use props
amelia.bolli01
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin: What version of the app is that? My control screen is COMPLETELY different!
So after trying every single post, I have concluded that my switch is broken.
When I am flying and flip the switch with multiple flight mode enabled, nothing happenes.
Even on the simulator, same story.
This is proof the switch is broken: On the simulator if you flip the left switch 2x up and down, it initiates RTH.
It says in the help manual that you can cancel RTH by flipping the right switch 2x up and down.
When I flipped the right switch 2x nothing happened, same result every time.
The switch must be faulty or broken
I am thinking of replacing the switch myself, because I don't want to wait a month for DJI to repair it.
2016-6-6
Use props
jermc10
lvl.1

Canada

Try backing up your flight data if you want it saved, then uninstall the app and reinstall.
2016-6-6
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
United States

amelia.bolli01, Paladin's screen shot shows how to get to the Intelligent Flight modes after it is turned on in settings first.

To turn it on in settings, go to Settings (tap the Quad icon just to the right of the status bar at the top of the Go app, just like the icon at the top of the following screen shot), you should be in Main Controller Settings, and the top option should be Multiple Flight Modes (yes, another example of a single feature being called something else in a different place, which is confusing).

Edit: added the following screen shot: IMG_0008-small.jpg

2016-6-6
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
United States

Also, you say your screen is completely different: what version of the DJI Go app are you running? Because as I said in a previous post, the Go app has changed over the versions and the icon that Paladin shows in his first screen shot appears like that only in the newest version.
2016-6-6
Use props
amelia.bolli01
lvl.2

United States

UPDATE: Sorry I have not posted in a while, I have been busy
So eventually I got tired of multiple flight modes not working and I opened up the controller
Opening the controller went well, guess what I found inside?
The wire for the switch was just a tadbit stretched out, so I pushed it back in
Multiple flight modes now work fine
2016-6-25
Use props
harry.mueller76
New

Austria

i had the same problem with dji app 3.0.0. i found a solution. On apkpure.com you can download an older app version...than it works. DJI Mindy told me that they have problems with app version 3.0.0 for android.
2016-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules