Stress crack on P4 body
996 11 2016-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

i have completed 10 flights no with my P4, totalling around 2 hrs flight time and spotted this stress crack after my last flight? It appears to be developing from the area next to one of the hex bolts which holds the bottom grey panel on. I haven't opened it up myself, it's has only been flown in sports mode for a very short amount of time and so far (touch wood) no crashes! Surely this shouldn't be happening so soon in its life cycle? A bit disappointing really.
image.jpeg
2016-6-5
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

It is obviously not right but the only way to get it repaired would be to send it back. Do you really want to wait weeks for it to be fixed? Personally I can't see it causing a problem. Just keep your eye on it for now.
2016-6-5
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

I belive you guys in the UK have a nice and friendly climate for plasticky products. If you guys experience cracks up there with your birds, I wonder how they could cope with the high temps and humid tropical climate here. I've got an 11 yo British truck that has cracks all over the dashboard now.
2016-6-5
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

markaguille Posted at 2016-6-5 18:14
It is obviously not right but the only way to get it repaired would be to send it back. Do you reall ...

I completely agree, I've already had to return one P4, I made my initial purchase in April and have only just completed 10 flights, so it's been a labourious process so far. I definitely don't want to be without the drone for another couple of weeks, the weather is fairly good here atm, and being the UK I'm sure it won't last long!

I'd be less worried if there were more spare parts floating around over here.
2016-6-5
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

vandruten Posted at 2016-6-5 18:32
I belive you guys in the UK have a nice and friendly climate for plasticky products. If you guys exp ...

Ha, yes the climate is a little more forgiving up here I guess, but I'd happily trade some weather during the winter month So!,,
2016-6-5
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

jameswarden@bti Posted at 2016-6-6 01:13
Ha, yes the climate is a little more forgiving up here I guess, but I'd happily trade some weather ...

James I'm sorry to hear about the crack on your bird, and I understand how you feel on the lack of spare parts being available to you, as I'm experiencing the same parts availability too here on my side. I hope that it won't get worse, and maybe you could have a shell readily available to you very soon if you want a quick fix.

About trading weathers, as long as I can fly the bird then I'd gladly do that ha ha
2016-6-5
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sent mine back last Friday because I had the same hairline crack on mine. Unexceptable!!!
2016-6-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your issue, James. It is recommended to get in touch with our tech support and send the drone for fixing.It would be better to leave me your drone's serial number.Thank you.
2016-6-5
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-6 07:55
Sorry for your issue, James. It is recommended to get in touch with our tech support and send the dr ...

Thanks for the response DJI Paladin, the units serial no is 07DDD3T 0A10124. So this is something that definitely requires fixing then? I've already had one replacement and didn't really want to be without my P4 again for several weeks.
2016-6-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

jameswarden@bti Posted at 2016-6-6 15:40
Thanks for the response DJI Paladin, the units serial no is 07DDD3T 0A10124. So this is something  ...

Thanks for your feedback, James. It is recommended to get it repaired.The turn-around time is about 2 weeks.
2016-6-5
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

jameswarden@bti Posted at 2016-6-6 02:11
I completely agree, I've already had to return one P4, I made my initial purchase in April and hav ...

If you have something you don't want to miss, eg, good weather, I think you can keep using it, until say, the raining season comes.

Crack like this isn't likely to cause any issues. You can return them when you see signs of enlargement. DJI will repair it anyway.
2016-6-6
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Put a dab of green CA glue in the crack that should stop it from spreading. There is a lot of stress on the air frame while braking at high speed.
2016-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules