S1000+ / A3 / Lb 2 installation
3795 16 2016-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
J.purosalmi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276 ft

Finland

[size=14.6667px]Has anyone yet put together s1000+, a3 and lb2? Manual says "watch the installation demo" and "connecting the modules" tutorials, but i found only videos for a2.
2016-6-5
Use props
tanderson
New

United States

I feel your pain. I am in the same boat.  I am still waiting for DJI to get back to me a week after I sent an email to them.
2016-6-7
Use props
bcdebusk
lvl.2

United States

I'm trying to pull one together right now.  A lot of the cabling is self-explanatory, but here's a noticeable caveat:

1) You definitely need a CAN2 port expander, but the A3 has a dedicated LED connector that plugs directly into its own plug, not into the A3's CAN2 port.  So the first step where they show you disconnecting your A2's LED module doesn't make sense.

2) I plugged the CAN port expander directly into the A3's CAN2 port, and then plugged the other CAN2 devices (i.e. Z-15) into the expander.  

It's my understanding that the GPS(s) go on the CAN1 network and everything else goes onto the CAN2 network.

I have a some of it working, like I can see the LB2 channels through the A3 using the setup software.  But the controller channels don't map correctly to the A3 controller.  I describe it in more detail in this thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-54787-1-1.html
2016-6-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>

I have set up a A3/LB2 on a S900.  The connections are the same.
2016-6-7
Use props
bcdebusk
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-6-7 09:47
I have set up a A3/LB2 on a S900.  The connections are the same.

I'll post some pictures of my wiring tonight as well, particularly around how I routed the CAN2 bus.  That's the only part that seemed odd to me.

I connected the A3's CAN2 port to a CANBUS expansion port, then connected everything else to that expansion port (except the GPS of course, which is on CAN1).

It's comforting to know someone has successfully pulled this off.  I was starting to worry.
2016-6-7
Use props
bcdebusk
lvl.2

United States

I hadn't upgraded the LightBridge 2, so I started by doing that.  Now the controller, A3, and LightBridge 2 are all fully updated.

Here is a picture of my CANBUS expansion port:
CANBUS.JPG
2016-6-7
Use props
bcdebusk
lvl.2

United States

As you can see, the cable that is permanently attached to the CANHUB won't plug directly into the A3.  I plug the A3's CAN2 port into one of the sides of the CANHUB (the black right-angle connector).

Then I plug the permanently attached CANHUB cable into the Zenmuse-15 because that's the only adapter the cable can go.

And finally, I plug the CANBUS cable that splits off from the LightBridge 2 onto the opposite side of the CANHUB (it's the grey cable).

It doesn't seem physically possible anyway (the connectors don't mate), but does it matter that the permanently-attached CANHUB cable isn't plugged directly into the A3?
2016-6-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>

I connect the Zen GCU to the Can Hub and then from the Can Hub to the A3.  You are on Can 1.  The LB2 connects to the A3 Can 1 as well.  I have additional connection issues in that I am using RTK and the Data Link Pro for Beta testing.
2016-6-8
Use props
Skylark9
lvl.2
United States

Keen to see your thoughts on the A3... I'm thinking of upgrading to one too.
Does it work with the FR Sky Taranis ?
2016-6-8
Use props
bcdebusk
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-6-8 16:36
I connect the Zen GCU to the Can Hub and then from the Can Hub to the A3.  You are on Can 1.  The LB ...

I know you know this, but you are absolutely correct.  Thank you.

That fixed a whole host of problems.  I'm going to do a separate thread on what might be my final bug.
2016-6-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>

Skylark9 Posted at 2016-6-9 06:48
Keen to see your thoughts on the A3... I'm thinking of upgrading to one too.
Does it work with the F ...

It should work.  You will need to connect a compatible receiver to the A3.
2016-6-9
Use props
info
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17732346 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys. Great thread!

How did you connect motor and  landing gear wires to the A3? Did you have to extend the motor wires to have them fit if mounting A3 on top plate at center of S900? Mine don't quite reach if mounting on top plate

Thanks
2016-7-6
Use props
raddybeer
New

I just assembling S1000+ with A3 and LB2. But got 1 problem: beeping ESC8 and can not get connection......
Ah, I just found out it's the low voltage beep.
I can go on now, because I'm not ready yet.I learned from the Dutch Air and Space Lab in www.nlr.nl  cables must be double protected if it has chance of wearing because of vibration.
So its not needed but better protect all wires with black pla stuff. I saw Fabian also  do that on his pro S1000+. It looks better also.
It will take you another 3 days (evenings) to do all the wire protection, if you do it for the first time.
S1000plus-002.jpg
S1000plus-003.jpg
S1000plus-006.jpg
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

raddybeer@gmail Posted at 2016-9-29 03:01
I just assembling S1000+ with A3 and LB2. But got 1 problem: beeping ESC8 and can not get connection ...

Good to hear you were able to get yourself squared away.
2016-9-28
Use props
paulykins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>

is there an installation video anywhere of this setup as the existing videos clearly are not correct ie different cables etc ?
2016-10-2
Use props
raddybeer
New

paulykins Posted at 2016-10-2 21:53
is there an installation video anywhere of this setup as the existing videos clearly are not correct ...

There is not. Only the official how to mount X5 adapter to the M600 comes close
2016-10-5
Use props
paulykins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>

bcdebusk Posted at 2016-6-8 11:05
As you can see, the cable that is permanently attached to the CANHUB won't plug directly into the A3 ...

my canbus cable does not have a split - it simply goes from lb2 air unit to G7 there is no split off to canbus connector ???
2016-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules