Intelligent flight modes not working on brand new P3S
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sallyee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52648 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I tried to initiate the intelligent flight modes for follow me, and point of interest. But it didn't work. I had strong gps signal, but I was in the beginner mode. Are those modes inactive in beginner mode? If not what might be the cause of it?
2016-6-6
Use props
Jakk
lvl.2

Hello!

Have you turned on the intelligent fight modes inside the MC settings? I had the same when I first started using my P3A then I found the option in one of the menus.
2016-6-6
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Here it is in the Settings menu of the most recent DJI Go app:

IMG_0008-small.jpg

2016-6-6
Use props
sallyee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yes I did turn this on. Then proceeded to select point of interest mode from the pop up menu. Set the altitude, radius, and speed. Then pressed start. But nothing happened.
2016-6-6
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
United States

Look for numbers that are RED. For some of the IOC modes, you need to be a certain distance away or above an object for the mode to Apply. Move the craft until that number goes from RED to GREEN.

Does that help?

This is an area where the GO app could be a little more helpful, such as when the Litchi app brings up a dialog informing you not that all of the conditions have been met.

Chris
2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

sallyee Posted at 2016-6-7 00:28
Yes I did turn this on. Then proceeded to select point of interest mode from the pop up menu. Set th ...

Were you able to get it working?
2016-6-6
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Did you have the switch on "F"?  Maybe your radius took it outside the 30m beginner's radius?  What mobile device do you have, does it have its own GPS?
2016-6-6
Use props
sallyee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Please note I have followed all the steps according to this video and what you have suggested. Still nothing happens.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/sGJTUIvU1eE
2016-6-6
Use props
sallyee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I got in touch with customer service and they suggested I use an iOS device; well sure if you sent me one! This is the funniest response in customer service history!
2016-6-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Just knowing and sharing, that my iPad Air 2 Cellular has been exemplary, and all DJI Go features work as explained and expressed.
Not sure why your drone isn't cooperating with your Go app and RC input? Mystery...
You are in the air, the mode is turned on, the RC switch is flipped over??

RedHotPoker
2016-6-6
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.3
United States

sallyee Posted at 2016-6-6 11:29
I got in touch with customer service and they suggested I use an iOS device; well sure if you sent m ...

You've gotta have a sense of humor ...
2016-6-6
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

1) Don't be in beginner mode.

2) You have to switch it into advanced mode by flipping the right switch on your controller all the way down.
2016-6-6
Use props
sallyee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

quint7 Posted at 2016-6-6 22:14
1) Don't be in beginner mode.

2) You have to switch it into advanced mode by flipping the right swi ...

I did exactly the same. Do you think it's now my phone (Google Nexus 5) that I should blame, or the P3S I received is faulty?
2016-6-7
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

sallyee Posted at 2016-6-7 17:07
I did exactly the same. Do you think it's now my phone (Google Nexus 5) that I should blame, or th ...

Can you borrow a phone or tablet from a friend or family member, it's easy to figure out.
2016-6-7
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
United States

Did you check to see if the numbers were in RED rather than GREEN?

If you didn't understand the point from post #5 above, say so and we can try to provide a screenshot.

2016-6-7
Use props
sallyee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-6-7 16:37
Did you check to see if the numbers were in RED rather than GREEN?

If you didn't understand the poi ...

Yes I did check everything, and they're all Green and fine. I was flying above 17 meters. So at this point really have no clue what is wrong.
2016-6-7
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
United States

Annoy question #last-one-I-promise: POI requires you be at a certain height, but also distance from the center of the POI -- you met that requirement?

But then, that's another number that would have been RED if those conditions were not met, so you probably would have seen that.

If so, it sound like a case for DJI to step in. Good luck!

Chris
2016-6-7
Use props
sallyee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-6-7 23:15
Annoy question #last-one-I-promise: POI requires you be at a certain height, but also distance from  ...

Yes all the distances are within the required ranges. I have contacted customer service repairs and they're on it. It might be either the app malfunctioning or my phone not compatible with the app. Either way I expect to find out soon.

Thanks for your recommendations and help.
2016-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules