1758 17 2016-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

.....to report!
Just got my Phantom 4 after having owned 2 P3Ps and guess what? It does exactly what it says on the tin!
Maybe I'm lucky, or maybe it's because I read, re-read and read again every scrap of information regarding setup, downloading firmware, calibrating this and that and actually taking my time before that all important first flight.
Yep, this Phantom and my other ones have worked perfectly......surprised?
2016-6-6
Use props
J.N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102333 ft
France

The same to me,Pré orderered from DJI store, received in 19 april, until now not a single problem.
But not absulute confident because all about lots of people say.
Sometimes i wonder if i m just a lucky guy, in fact my F4 have the 1313 as serial number, lol.
I flew the DJI 550 for two years and no problems. I hope to experience the same good moments  with my f4. Chears to DJI.
2016-6-6
Use props
airobotix
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Good for you J.N.
I'm not saying that problems don't exist, maybe we've both been lucky?
2016-6-6
Use props
Healimonster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132523 ft
United States

airobotix Posted at 2016-6-6 15:23
Good for you J.N.

I too have had no problems with my P4. I have had some problems with DJI go app and Android, but those problems went away when I switched to an ipad mini.  I have had some problems with with the p4's gimbal not being completely level but most of this went away when I calibrated the IMU with the p4 being perfectly level.  Here is my first  

With that said I have not updated the p4 to the latest firmware yet.

2016-6-6
Use props
gasram
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2110 ft
United Kingdom

Same here, not had a single problem that others mention here.
2016-6-6
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

airobotix Posted at 2016-6-6 09:23
Good for you J.N.

Aloha,

On the other hand, as much as the vast majority of DJI based operators have very little in the way of problems, many of the problems reported here are a result of simply not reading or not understanding the manual.  There are real problems with some DJI products and one major benefit of this Forum is that DJI learns of problems in a more candid way.  You can believe that DJI listens carefully to concerns and opinions expressed in this Forum even if they do not respond directly.

Please understand that DJI introduced two drone revolutions in one year and the company is expanding at an enormous rate to handle the increased sales and service required by the increased demand created by those revolutions.  There have got to be problems somewhere in that process because the process involves humans and humans do have occasional bad days.  

The nature of a Forum is to discuss problems and issues - hopefully in a civilized manner.  Forum users need to understand that an overly large percentage of threads on this Forum are going to be about problems and pep-talks like airobotix's are actually refreshing.  But, how often do they get reported and they really should not be suppressed.  For every problem with DJI products, there are hundreds of thrill and fun experiences - often for the same operator.

In all actuality, airobotix does have something to report.  Good News! - and that is good news.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lots of reading information about your product and studying everything will likely have the outcome you have.
You would be surprised how many people call the support center complaining that their Phantom will not takeoff. When asked if they preformed a CSC, they respond "what is a CSC"
When you know about all the features and function and limitations, it makes for a much better flight.
2016-6-6
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Greetings fellow P4 owner.. Enjoy the bird!!
2016-6-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Glad to hear you are having the same awesome experience, I have had so far, with my Phantom 3 Pro.
Definately doesn't it pay off, to spend plenty of time reading on the PDF manuals and watching helpful instructional videos that basically hand hold and walk you through, all the important aspects and variable features/parameters.
Once the drone is in your hands, you have a clue what to do, & hopefully and more importantly, what not to do, with it. ;-)
Sh!T happens, but far less so, when you have a little knowledge, like how to back out of a dangerous situation, or boldy bravely fly forward, into the unknown. Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-6-6
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

South Korea

Because normally people only post and look for help when they encounter a problem. People don't post and say everything is fine.  So it gives you a false impression that most people have issues with their planes.
2016-6-7
Use props
lpfreeking976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131224 ft
United States

A pet pieve arising on forum for me is posting issues, receiving help/advice, but, never coming back to post resolution.
2016-6-7
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

lpfreeking976 Posted at 2016-6-7 23:46
A pet pieve arising on forum for me is posting issues, receiving help/advice, but, never coming back ...

Good point.  I too read, re-read and go back to these posts from others and I find that if I do this, I can adjust and accommodate until DJI has a new firmware update...which after so many people post about an issue, seems to get resolved in a timely manner.  Thanks DJI, I have been happy with my P2V+, P3P, & now my P4.  I would love to get an I1 someday I would also like to b e a "tester" for DJI.  Thanks to all for posting and I will take your suggestion, lpfreeking976 and post my results after any of my own posted updates (hope that made sense)..
2016-6-8
Use props
Jakebilling
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1291263 ft
United Kingdom

Well put Airobotix! Learn the product, avoid issue!
2016-6-8
Use props
Alari
lvl.2

Switzerland

Healimonster Posted at 2016-6-6 21:46
I too have had no problems with my P4. I have had some problems with DJI go app and Android, but th ...

How did you make the awesome text effects you have?
2016-6-8
Use props
airobotix
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'm pleased that my original post has been so well received. I got my P4 after not flying for 6 months, call me an old fart, but I'm one of those people who does read instructions and watch tutorial videos because, as the old saying goes "knowledge instills confidence". Right, that's the boring bit done with, thanks to all those who share my opinion.....I'm off to go flying!
2016-6-8
Use props
J.N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102333 ft
France

Healimonster Posted at 2016-6-6 21:46
I too have had no problems with my P4. I have had some problems with DJI go app and Android, but th ...

Nice video, congrats
2016-6-10
Use props
rliamharpurb
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Guys please don't state people have problems because they don't read the manuals like you proclaim

I have had problems with my p4, the day I had my first one I had an ESC failure and have toga be it swapped,

The new one is better the only problem I have now is a blurry photo feed, slightly titled gimbal and the video range doesn't seem as strong or reliable as my friends p3 pro

And yes I read the manual forums and any literature countless times

Liam
2016-6-10
Use props
c.davies60
New

United Kingdom

Same as, read and re-read before flying, no probs (touch wood) flys like a dream
2016-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules