Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vasek Posted at 2016-6-23 04:59
I would appreciate this on/off otion as well Ken. When flying lower over water it is not quite sta ...

I totally understand and flying low over water is one of it's limitations.
I too would like to see a on/off option.
Maybe someday.
2016-6-22
Use props
willem
lvl.1

Canada

I too would like this as an option.  Please include the ability to disable the VPS.  Currently when using a controlled zip line in Autopilot it is not able to come down close the bottom of its run due to VPS.  
2016-6-22
Use props
willem
lvl.1

Canada

Black tape over the vision sensor does the trick.  This is an extremely hokey fix for an expensive bird but its the only thing that works for me in order to capture those cinema quality shots that involve coming close to the ground.  Seriously DJI - why?  If you are worried about crashes then have those people interested sign an agreement that they won't hold DJI liable.  Include it as an unlock option in the application.  Simple.  
2016-6-22
Use props
doug.upthink
lvl.2
Flight distance : 861621 ft
United States

willem@pcfish.c Posted at 2016-6-22 19:17
Black tape over the vision sensor does the trick.  This is an extremely hokey fix for an expensive b ...

I experimented with taping over the sensors as well. Didn't really notice much of a change. Are you just taping over the two cameras on the bottom? That's all I tried...
2016-6-23
Use props
Vasek
lvl.2

Czechia

willem@pcfish.c Posted at 2016-6-23 01:17
Black tape over the vision sensor does the trick.  This is an extremely hokey fix for an expensive b ...

You mean to tape the cams only? Taping the ultrasonic downward sensors wouldn't have effect i think.
2016-6-24
Use props
jwatt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427867 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-22 14:21
That's great you are getting good results.
We'll see if it becomes an option.

Kelly and I would also like to add our request to have a VPS off option in GPS flight.

Thx...Jim Watt
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

willem@pcfish.c Posted at 2016-6-23 07:17

If you do have a crash and it's due to the camera sensors being blocked then it would not be a warranty repair.
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Vasek Posted at 2016-6-24 22:29
You mean to tape the cams only? Taping the ultrasonic downward sensors wouldn't have effect i thin ...

Anything that would get in the view of the sonar would cause unwanted altitude movement and possibly a non warranty crash.
Do not block the sensors.
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jwatt@bennett-w Posted at 2016-6-24 22:47
Kelly and I would also like to add our request to have a VPS off option in GPS flight.

Thx...Jim  ...

It's been noted.
2016-6-24
Use props
j.cabresos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60807 ft
Philippines

Any updates on the VPS On/Off option? it sucks, that you can't disable it. Almost crash my Phantom 4 over water because of the VPS making the Phantom ascend and almost hitting a branch. The option to turn off VPS is essential.
2016-7-11
Use props
doug.upthink
lvl.2
Flight distance : 861621 ft
United States

After hiking over 50 miles with my P4, I'm seeing the VPS issue showing up in my footage while editing this week. Here's a great example of VPS ruining a shot. I was flying between 5 and 10' above the alpine stream and you can clearly see the subtle height undulations created by VPS errors.

Source file is 4k, 24. Preview file has been encoded at HD resolution.
VPS Issue - Phantom 4 - Alpine Stream, Canadian Rockies
2016-7-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I read from another thread, from dji guy, they are working on vps issue, I expect to see it soon maybe next firmwear, you can use litchi app this allows you to switch of Vps.
2016-7-14
Use props
mjanzou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14820 ft
United States

+1 vote to add this option for me....

Perhaps confirming the vps on/off setting with a disclaimer, like for altitude limit over-ride would make it good with the folks upstairs???
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mjanzou@gmail.c Posted at 2016-7-14 23:47
+1 vote to add this option for me....

Perhaps confirming the vps on/off setting with a disclaimer ...

We'll see what happens.
2016-7-14
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

In the latest firmware, my p4 DOES NOT follow changes in terrain using VPS.  In earlier versions, it did adjust its altitude for variations in terrain below the quad.  I can completely understand why some people in some circumstances (such as situations where a cinematographer is shooting low shots) need to disable it, but now that it no longer adjusts for terrain, I would like to have it switchable too so that I can turn it BACK ON.  Not so I can turn it off, but rather so that I can turn it ON!  Are you guys who are complaining about this on the latest firmware, because it definitely DOES NOT compensate for varying terrain anymore at least not in P mode.  I would very much like for this to be selectable by the operator bassed on what ones needs are at the moment.

Jim
2016-7-15
Use props
gsxr07boy
lvl.2

Litchi app can turn off VPS on p4
2016-7-15
Use props
gsxr07boy
lvl.2

Litchi app can turn off VPS on p4
2016-7-15
Use props
asimokid
lvl.2

Indonesia

I worries when fly in indoor and vpn on. When vpn detect not fly in flat surface, drone increase or decrease altitude...
So what i do when fly indoor? The best setup i mean
Thx
2016-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules