Inspire 1 Props ... Options?
6566 32 2015-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyletombowman
lvl.1

Australia

Im curious if any inspire owners have fitted props other than the default ones shipped with the craft? If so what type and how were the results?
Also has anyone seen any images of the prop locks dji plans on shipping? How exactly do they fix to the motors?
2015-1-21
Use props
Blip
lvl.2

United States

I want to know more about that too; are there any props besides the ones which came with the Inspire I can use?
2015-1-21
Use props
lindkold.email
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8077667 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Here's a photo of the Prop Locks:
http://www.pitchup.se/dji-inspir ... lar?product_id=2610

None of the parts on the site is in stock - it's just photos for now.
2015-1-21
Use props
Blip
lvl.2

United States

lindkold.email Posted at 2015-1-21 21:19
http://www.pitchup.se/dji-inspire1-spare-parts-reservdelar?product ...

Small Design. It seems pretty simple; I'll just have to be careful not to lose them. Does anybody know how many prop locks we'll be receiving?
2015-1-21
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

This was posted over on RCG:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Insp ... dc0e5472&rmvSB=true
TahoeEd commented that they are NOT DJI props.
Since all of the issues with props spinning off started, I've heard nothing concerning aftermarket props.
I, personally, would not touch them with a ten foot pole...
2015-1-21
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

lindkold.email Posted at 2015-1-21 21:19
http://www.pitchup.se/dji-inspire1-spare-parts-reservdelar?product ...

Just as I imagined, it was either going to snap over the prop or some sort of a lock washer between the Prop and the Motor. It will be interesting to see if there is any friction created by the Lock causing the motor to slow a bit and work a bit harder and drawing more current from the Battery.
2015-1-21
Use props
paul.swieconek.
lvl.1

United States

T J Gilbert Posted at 2015-1-22 00:24
This was posted over on RCG:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Insp ... dc0e5472&rmvSB=true
TahoeEd commen ...

Before I start - The Inspire is highly tuned in ways that only the DJI engineers fully understand.  The props are an integral part of that tunning.  Highly flexible props mounted at a 10 degree outward angle, probably has a lot to do with why this thing films like the camera is mounted on a movie boom.  That being said, I have tried a set of T-Motor 12x4 props, as I had a set in my arsenal.  As they are smaller, I thought that it would be made up for do to the stiffness of the smaller props.  What I noticed is that the craft desends more when it switches from GPS to ATTI (I'm currently flying with the iOS 9.2 issue). Which is probably due to the shorter and less pitch props. I have a set of 13x4.4's on the way, and will try those and let you know how they work. One thing's for sure, they look sweet on the Inspire and really give you a sense of integrity that you don't get with the plastic props.  Has anyone tried the carbon fiber self tightening knock offs ?  I'm thinking that the downfall of any experimentation might be that the props need to flex to fully appreciate what the DJI engineers have cooked up here.
2015-1-21
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

I wouldn't trust anyone else at this stage for DJI parts other than the real deal parts from DJI them selves...Or authorized dealer.
It would be just to much of a risk
Sure they may work but something go's wrong caused by that generic part your bird wont be covered
2015-1-21
Use props
paul.swieconek.
lvl.1

United States

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-1-22 00:54
I wouldn't trust anyone else at this stage for DJI parts other than the real deal parts from DJI the ...

Fully agree - I expect the CF knock offs to be just as much crap as the Phantom CF knock offs were.  I'm just really curious as to whether or not prop flex plays a roll in performance of the Inspire. If not, the T-motor props would be awesome on the Inspire.  They mount using the mounting holes in top of motor and would help avoid a major tumble if you clip a tree branch etc.  The Inspire props appear to made of the same stuff as the Phantom props, so they'll shatter when they come into contact with magnetic tree branches. Not always undersireable though - I'd rather use the shatter away props when flying close to people or indoors, but for flying out in the wilderness with those darn magnetic tree branches, CF would be a nice option.
2015-1-21
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

but for flying out in the wilderness with those darn magnetic tree branches

love it
2015-1-21
Use props
waxahachie tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47169 ft
United States

1. but for flying out in the wilderness with those darn magnetic tree branches
Copy the code
Happens to be the exact reason I'm reading this thread!
2015-3-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The best option at this point is the E800 props with prop locks.  They work on the child proof medicine bottle principle.  Dealers are now starting to get them in stock.
2015-3-9
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

What size props would fit the stock motors?  6, 8, 10mm?
2015-3-9
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have started to see the following props creeping up on the internet "1345 Self-tightening Carbon Fiber Props Propeller CW+CCW for DJI Inspire".  Does anyone have any experience with these props?  Do you know if they measure close to the length of the stock props?  Do you know if these props will work with the prop locks?
2015-3-10
Use props
PJ Australian
lvl.1

Australia

I've been using MayTech props the past couple of weeks.... Faultless performance!
2015-3-10
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-10 01:01
The best option at this point is the E800 props with prop locks.  They work on the child proof medic ...

Haven't found one yet. Any suggestions who might be carrying them, Ed?
2015-3-10
Use props
christensonphot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392129 ft

United States

rsghowellnj@gma Posted at 2015-3-10 19:26
I have started to see the following props creeping up on the internet "1345 Self-tightening Carbon F ...

I've got three sets of those props. They work like a charm. No problems flyong.
2015-3-10
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
United States

Anyone know what size the motor shaft is?
2015-3-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AegisFC Posted at 2015-3-10 23:57
Anyone know what size the motor shaft is?

I believe it is 5mm
2015-3-10
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
United States

I just measured.  5mm.  Thanks Tahoe
2015-3-10
Use props
christensonphot
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for your input Tahoe_Ed, I know you are not on the production management side and usually I am not one to complain, I was just curious what your opinion or guess at why there is a delay on Inspire Prop production? Even if DJI has to temporarily hire anothe manufacturer to handle the extra demand, wouldn't it be advantageous of them to do so? The props don't look like they would be hard to duplicate and pass on the engineering plans to another manufacturer just to get caught up. I mean Apple does this when iPhone production is lacking at one of there plants, they hire another company to take the slack.
2015-3-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

christensonphot Posted at 2015-3-11 03:58
Thanks for your input Tahoe_Ed, I know you are not on the production management side and usually I a ...

I don't know.  They may be evaluating if they want to use the E800 props or stick with current version.  Just speculation on my part.  
2015-3-10
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
United States

paul.swieconek. Posted at 2015-1-22 02:05
Fully agree - I expect the CF knock offs to be just as much crap as the Phantom CF knock offs were ...

Did you ever get those 13x4.4 T-Motor props?  If so, how did it handle?
2015-3-10
Use props
christensonphot
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-11 04:27
I don't know.  They may be evaluating if they want to use the E800 props or stick with current ver ...

Thanks for taking the time to reply. You have a hard job. I dont envy it. :-)
2015-3-10
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

PJ Australian Posted at 2015-3-10 20:03
I've been using MayTech props the past couple of weeks.... Faultless performance!

Have you had any issues with the MayTech Props and the prop locks?  I've heard rumors that they are cumbersome to use with the prop locks.  Have you had any issues?
2015-3-14
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

I ordered a set from China from EBAY, and they were unacceptable as delivered.

They are more than a few grams heavier, and off scale for my precision scale,
so I am worried that the extra weight would overload the motors.

They also had flaws in the resin that would create stress concentrations and eventually cracks.

The vendor says that they have sold thousands of them, so I would recommend you inspect them before use.

If you could fill the flaws with a compatible resin and remove some of the weight "before using them, they might work.

I am attempting to get answers to the resin to use, or if they have a soft core that would be opened if I sanded them down to reduce the weight.

Looks right now that I have lost over $40, and still will be waiting for a professional version.

The vendors says I need to pay to return them, and I would be lucky if I get any of my money back.

From what I have read and seen, we will have to wait for DJI, if we want good props.

The Maytech's sound promising, however the separate hub and assembly sound iffy.

Still looking for a better solution.
2015-3-15
Use props
fjtiger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1299 ft
United States

christensonphot Posted at 2015-3-10 22:57
I've got three sets of those props. They work like a charm. No problems flyong.

do you need any extra hardware to mount and use??

or just the propellers

thanks
2015-3-20
Use props
fjtiger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1299 ft
United States

I tested the e600 props today. Very nice. I could not tell the difference.

For those looking for Inspire props - Damon at Florida UAV is scheduled to get 40 pair Friday the 27th. Very good shop..

http://www.floridauav.com
2015-3-20
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

I am still waiting for the E800 Props and quick connectors I ordered because i have no full sets of DJI props anymore.
2015-3-21
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

I am using Fox Teck CF props and they are working fine for me...Even the prop Locks fit...Check out the props on this video.

2015-3-21
Use props
3talbs
lvl.1

United States

paul.swieconek. Posted at 2015-1-22 00:40
Before I start - The Inspire is highly tuned in ways that only the DJI engineers fully understand. ...

Rec'd Carbon Fiber 1345 knock-offs on ebay direct from China. It was a mistake to think they would replace OEM. They are 3/8" shorter, much stiffer & fabrication of surfaces not as precise. I won't even put them on & glad i'm only out $19 for 2. I'm getting desperate for a black prop and would trade a silver.
2015-3-23
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

3talbs Posted at 2015-3-23 21:36
Rec'd Carbon Fiber 1345 knock-offs on ebay direct from China. It was a mistake to think they would ...

Are you referring to the Fox Teck CF props?  I was going to consider them but if they are the same as you speak I will not order.  Thanks for the info!
2015-3-24
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just ordered 1345 Self Locking Props from DJI.  They are no longer on back order.  They should ship in 3-5 days.   Finally!
2015-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules