Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Firmware 1.1.411 has been released
7327 109 2016-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dida Sampaio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31581 ft
Brazil

s

s

s

s

s

s

Dida sampaio

Dida sampaio

Dida sampaio

Dida sampaio

s

s

s

s
2016-6-10
Use props
Dida Sampaio
lvl.1
Brazil

Hello , I need help.
since I bought my 4 Phantom
the monitor display signal is cut .
the display on the monitor screen is cut .
viewing return picture is blurred and cutting .
what should I do?
2016-6-10
Use props
onlymeandyd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80141 ft
United Kingdom

Hi DJI-Paladin/Ken etc.
It might be worth creating a separate post for best practice after firmware updates so the forum guys can refer to it easily?
My input:
After a firmware or software update I calibrate everything that can be calibrated (takes about 30 minutes):
IMU, Compass, Camera Gimbal, Obstacle Avoidance & Vision Positioning Cameras, Remote Control.
I then check all settings in the Go App.
I then carry out a flight test; handling, RTH (to landing), photo and video (post flight analysis).

In the case of a recent Android update to version 6, and PC Assistant 2, full check as outlined above.

Since we don't know the inner workings of the various components in an update, it is best practice (in my opinion) to re-calibrate everything, that way we know we have a balanced aircraft and control system.

In the case of firmware update 411, I am still getting a bit of vertical drift when I pause POI but that may be due to the change from horizontal flight to hover (allowing for the motors to affect the aircraft).

One issue I am having is the S1 and S2 switches sometimes don't action the camera up/down or camera settings options that I've set.

Overall, I'm loving the Phantom 4 and the new features.

Regards and safe flying :-)
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Dida Sampaio Posted at 2016-6-10 19:58
Hello , I need help.
since I bought my 4 Phantom
the monitor display signal is cut .

What device are you using?
Is the recorded video from the SD card produce good video/photos?
When did this start happening?
You may need to send the unit in for repair.
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

onlymeandyd@hot Posted at 2016-6-10 20:17
Hi DJI-Paladin/Ken etc.
It might be worth creating a separate post for best practice after firmware  ...

Thanks for the input, I think all that is needed is a IMU, compass, and gimbal calibrations and check your settings, then flight test.
And are you said that you getting vertical drift now when coming to a stop and you did not get it in the prior firmware?
And when you say S1 and S2, you mean C1 and C2 correct? And you have one of them set to tilt up/down and you sat that that one does not work?
2016-6-10
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

It will be a good idea to have such document or video; even though I have many years IT & flying experience, I am a bit puzzled what to do with my P4.
I am still using he original box firmware and I downgraded my app back to 2.8.1

I have done all calibrations mentioned above, except for:
"Obstacle Avoidance & Vision Positioning Cameras"

Please let me know how are those done; maybe I missed them.
2016-6-10
Use props
rliamharpurb
lvl.2

United Kingdom

To calibrate OA and Vision postion you need to downloads the dji assistant app on PC or Mac and plug the bird Into the computer

It's simply a case of aligning boxes on the screen and rotating your p4 while holding it Infront of it, while it is plugged in

Liam
2016-6-10
Use props
Dida Sampaio
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-10 21:45
When  ...

Images captured in the memory card is perfect . The problem
It is the real-time visualization . The real-time display is failing and cutting the signal and flicando the screen .
2016-6-10
Use props
Dida Sampaio
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-10 21:45
When  ...

It is the real-time visualization . The real-time display is failing and cutting the signal and flicando the screen .
2016-6-10
Use props
Dida Sampaio
lvl.1
Brazil

Dida Sampaio Posted at 2016-6-11 01:21
It is the real-time visualization . Th ...

Hello,
I wonder if there is anything I can do to solve this problem .
The visualization of signal monitor is cutting .
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Dida Sampaio Posted at 2016-6-11 02:07
Hello,
I wonder if there is anything I can do to solve this problem .
The visualization of signal  ...

Possibly this video may help.  
Are all the other apps closed on your device?

2016-6-10
Use props
Dida Sampaio
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-11 02:26
Possibly this video may help.  
Are all the other apps closed on your d ...

Thank you for the tutorial video.

But this does not solve the problem.

I usually do this procedure.

The monitor signal is cut at the time of takeoff .
Sera that there is no solution to this problem ?
I am disappointed with the operation of Phantom 4 .
Very disappointed !
2016-6-10
Use props
Dida Sampaio
lvl.1
Brazil

Dida Sampaio Posted at 2016-6-11 02:37
Thank you for the tutorial video.

But this does not solve the problem.

The monitor signal is cut at any moment.
any operating procedure on the remote control makes the signal is interrupted
2016-6-10
Use props
Dida Sampaio
lvl.1
Brazil

Dida Sampaio Posted at 2016-6-11 02:39
The monitor signal is cut at any moment.
any operating procedure on the remote control makes the s ...

serious that there is no solution for this procedure ?
Help.
Please
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Dida Sampaio Posted at 2016-6-11 02:42
serious that there is no solution for this procedure ?
Help.
Please

I'm sorry, as I asked before a few times, what device are you using.
Here is the list of DJI recommended devices, if you are experiencing video cut out issues, please try one of the devices listed. If it still does it then it may need to be sent in.

iOS Version v2.8.3.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.1.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-6-10
Use props
danny.a.thompso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 498297 ft

sploodge Posted at 2016-6-7 14:13
The Phantom 4 firmware is not just one big file like previously, its a collection of smaller module ...

Just for good order - I have found that you do not have to shut down the Go app between battery firmware updates.   Just power off the P4, swap the battery, power it back up again and if it needs updating the Go app will tell you that it is inconsistent and offer you the opportunity to update the battery firmware.
2016-6-11
Use props
Bobcape3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 135787 ft
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-6-9 09:03
DJI-Ken, or anyone, please let me know the answers to my questions below:

If you use the pc and go  ...

I had already updated my P4 to 1.1.410. I thought I had also updated all three batteries but I missed one. Today when I connected to DJI Assistant to update to 1.1.411, Assistant displayed that I needed two updates - one to 1.1.410 (battery) and one to 1.1.410 for the P4. Both updates were successful. I powered down and swapped in both the other two batteries and connected them to Assistant. Both of them were already updated. No problems.

Bob
2016-6-11
Use props
Bobcape3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 135787 ft
United States

Just did a short flight from my backyard. Looks to be working well. Especially the loss of altitude after a quick stop. For me, the issue is now fixed. Thanks.

Bob
2016-6-11
Use props
dpcam1
lvl.2

New Zealand

Hi there. DJI Paladin...do you know if this update has fixed the random resolution/bitrate lowering bug that has affected two p4's I've been using? One minute I've got beautiful sharp 4k, the next soft, mushy video...from the card, that is.
2016-6-11
Use props
caseyneistat
lvl.1
United States

yay! updating rn. im hoping that this will fix some of the issues i've been having with my drone
2016-6-12
Use props
caseyneistat
lvl.1
United States

I guess I'd try downgrading , turning everything off, uninstalling dji assist, and then starting from the beginning if you're really struggling  
2016-6-12
Use props
Mat_sealy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1155 ft
Germany

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-10 06:12
Have you tried our recommended devices?

Hi Ken....it seems you are the guy to ask about stuff!! I have a iPad mini 2 (no cellular) ....two questions. Would the mini 2 perform worse than say a mini4 for example? Like I wouldn't want something like the app crashing because my device isn't the newest..... Also, because my device doesn't use cellular data I'm assuming the only thing that I would suffer is not seeing my device location on the map? Would I even still get mapping?.....and would hotspotting my iPad to my phone get rid of these issues? I would prefer to use my iPad to get the fuller experience (I have iPhone 6). Thanks for your time!
2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mat_sealy@hotma Posted at 2016-6-13 17:05
Hi Ken....it seems you are the guy to ask about stuff!! I have a iPad mini 2 (no cellular) ....two ...

You replied to Paladin's post. If you reply to one of my post then I will see it.
Your Mini2 should work fine as it's on the DJI recommended list. The 4 may work a little better as it's a faster processor.
When your at home on your WiFi. just open the app and enable "Cache Map in the Background" from the General Settings menu. Then move the map to the area you are flying in and it will cache that area  for you.
Or sine you have a iPhone, when you get to your flying area just use your phone as a hotspot and get the new map data.
2016-6-13
Use props
Mat_sealy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1155 ft
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-13 17:45
You replied to Paladin's post. If you reply to one of my post then I will see it.
Your Mini2 shoul ...

Ah sorry about posting to the wrong person!! But thanks for the good tip there
2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mat_sealy@hotma Posted at 2016-6-14 00:22
Ah sorry about posting to the wrong person!! But thanks for the good tip there

No problem at all
2016-6-13
Use props
ktusa7
lvl.2

United States

Thank you DJI!!!! NO MORE YOYO EFFECT!!!! Finally after updating to .411 and COLD IMU Calibration (I put P4 inside the refrigerator for 15 minutes WITHOUT BATTERY) then did quick IMU Calibration Cold. NO MORE LOOSING ALTITUDE!!! Only in Sport Mode when Quick Stop, goes up 1 meter then back down. I'm very happy and thankful. I LOVE IT!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!
2016-6-14
Use props
SectorDrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 919751 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

This FW does NOT fix the altitude dropping.   I found yesterday test, that P4 aero design gains altitude when moving (depends on speed and more on lateral and head wind) then lose the gain acquired.

But the longer to move fast laterally, the more gain thus the greater drop when you stops.   Well, looks like this the con of having the sport mode.

Aerial photo does not need fast move, so its OK.  Why is not on P3 ?  the P4 has thicker hunchback ...

So this multitude drop will never 100% go away.  Just control your speed.
2016-6-14
Use props
mlb4u2c
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem of major attitude drop 50 ft swing. Up and down. Flew away 550 feet had to use return to hm. Update 4.1.1 sucks bad. Needso more work. I will try to drop down to 410.

https://youtu.be/KFuLiM1eQO0
2016-6-14
Use props
Nelsongc1
lvl.3

I had 1 problem while updating.  It changed my RTH altitude to 0 and it wouldnt let me change it.  It kept saying that RTH couldnt be set higher than maximum altitude even though it was set to 500meters.  I reset maximum altitude and then it would allow me to change it.  Check your RTH altitude to ensure it is set right..
2016-6-15
Use props
onlymeandyd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80141 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-10 14:51
Thanks for the input, I think all that is needed is a IMU, compass, and gimbal calibrations and ch ...

Hi DJI-Ken,
You're right, I should have said C1/C2! And yes, tilt up/down intermittently does not work; can't pin down the exact circumstances for it yet.
No, I've been getting vertical drift on previous versions of firmware too. It's a lot less now but still a bit. However, I have been trying out different gain settings (for smooth video when moving) so maybe that is having a slight effect. I will try a flight with everything set to default.
Other than that, everything seems fine in terms of control and stability. I've done  a lot of POI, Waypoint, Tapfly trials so happy with that. Haven't used Activetrack as no need for it yet.
:-)
2016-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules