2067 14 2016-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jgrober21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11575 ft
France

hi I am ready to buy Osmo - External Battery Extender
but i have  question: is it possible tu plug it into the OSMO charger???? it is said that it is compatible with many DJI charges but nothing with the osmo one!

2016-6-7
Use props
jgrober21
lvl.2
France

I have the answer !!! It is a huge stupidity from DJI not to have thought that OSMO users would like to plug the osmo external battery into the original osmo charger! NO if they want to use external battery extender they have to buy an other DJI charger!!!!!

SHAME ON YOU DJI!
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
The External Battery Extender is to prolong the duration of the Osmo and break the power limitation of the original battery. Our engineers are dedicated to our own products, since different batteries are compatible with different chargers, the other chargers may be needed for different compatible batteries in case of any damage.

Thanks for your understanding.  
2016-6-7
Use props
jgrober21
lvl.2
France

i think i am not clear enough!  You can not use the external battery with the Osmo charger but only with others DJI chargers! It is normal that compatibility with several DJI chargers  is present but what is anormal is that you CAN NOT use the external battery  for OSMO with the OSMO charger!
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

jgrober21 Posted at 2016-6-7 18:57
i think i am not clear enough!  You can not use the external battery with the Osmo charger but only  ...

Hello.
Since the OSMO charger is just specific for the OSMO battery which is very different from other batteries. The charger is used to connect the battery and the power supply. When the external battery extender is used, to prolong the duration, the other compatible batteries are used just like the "power supply", so we need the compatible charger to get it work.

2016-6-7
Use props
jgrober21
lvl.2
France

sorry i do not understand..;you mean that you need  a compatible battery AND the corresponding charger to use the osmo extender battery..... I thought that you could only plug directly the extender battery  in a compatible charger .... that's why i believed that you could use also the osmo charger plugegd into the power supply.
2016-6-8
Use props
info.digicrew
New
Flight distance : 12146 ft
Australia

Buy the extender...cut the plug off it...attach the red (+) and black  wires to a 12v DC power supply. Works perfectly for me
2016-6-8
Use props
jgrober21
lvl.2
France

info.digicrew Posted at 2016-6-8 14:19
Buy the extender...cut the plug off it...attach the red (+) and black  wires to a 12v DC power suppl ...

ok as i am not at all mac gyver can you post a pic of your construct? thanks
2016-6-8
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

jgrober21 Posted at 2016-6-8 17:47
sorry i do not understand..;you mean that you need  a compatible battery AND the corresponding charg ...

Hello, jgrober21
Please review our official online store website: http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-external-battery-extender
In the "OVERVIEW", there's some detail information about the external Battery Extender.
You also please read the "Osmo_External_Battery_Extender_Quick_Start_Guide": https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Start_Guide_en.pdf

Thanks.
2016-6-11
Use props
jgrober21
lvl.2
France

thanks adela!!!! but i still do not understand the reason why DJI has not allowed the use of the osmo charger but only other dji chargers!   yes i know! just to buy again and again
2016-6-13
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

jgrober21 Posted at 2016-6-14 05:24
thanks adela!!!! but i still do not understand the reason why DJI has not allowed the use of the osm ...

Actually the current demand from the OSMO is greater than the current output of the charger. It takes 30-45 minutes on the charger to charge a depleted battery. It takes 15 min or less to drain a battery using the x5r.
2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

jgrober21 Posted at 2016-6-14 05:24
thanks adela!!!! but i still do not understand the reason why DJI has not allowed the use of the osm ...

Hi Jgrober21,
Simply put, the original battery charger is not compatible with the External Battery Extender.

2016-6-13
Use props
jgrober21
lvl.2
France

yes i understood this point but I still ask the question: WHY? At least we could have imagine that external battery extender for OSMO would have been compatible with osmo charger....Engineer think too much at DJI and forget the simplest things
2016-6-14
Use props
jgrober21
lvl.2
France

Burlbark Posted at 2016-6-14 04:32
Actually the current demand from the OSMO is greater than the current output of the charger. It ta ...

when you read post 7 it seems not to be the case
2016-6-14
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

jgrober21 Posted at 2016-6-14 17:31
when you read post 7 it seems not to be the case

Nope that is not what he is saying at all.
2016-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules