How to re-install the latest firmware.
2632 11 2016-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cwiegand
lvl.2

Italy

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my Inspire1 v2 that I bought a few weeks ago.
Often during flight the Dji Go application stops to work and the warning "disconnected"  appears, as if you unplug the USB cable.
Rc commands still work, but the connection is not resumed also with the airplane on the ground.
I changed the cable with no effect.
I would like to try to properly reinstall the same firmware on both the aircraft  and the transmitter.
Someone can suggest the correct procedure to reinstall the same firmware.
Thank you.
2016-6-7
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I dont  think the problem is on the Aircraft or the RC Transmitter, so no need to re- Install the Firmware.  What  I would do is  try another Device for the Go app, use an I pad Air if possible .  At the very least simply delete and re -install the Go app.  Also make sure that you are using a high quality cable between the RC and The Device used on the go app, sounds to me is this may be the failure point.

What are you using for the Device ?   Is it an android or apple device ?  Make sure it has enough power to handle the Go App as it is a very demanding application .  

When you say the connection is not resumed even on the ground, you are talking about the "Disconnected " connection correct ?  You still have full control of the aircraft ?  

Be sure to Inspect the USB port on the Back of the RC as well, makes sure there is no damage.

Start here and let me know the Device you are using .

***  Also If you are using an apple device be sure to enable the "Hardware Decode " it is located on the General Settings page of the Go app.  This will take some of the load off the processor, this is espescially useful on the Ipad Mini 1 , 2 or 3.  The Mini 4 and the I pad air and Pro have plenty of power for the Go .

What version of Firmware on the About page do you have, can you show a screen shot ?  Like the example below ?  This will  confirm that you have the correct FW and are properly  set up.  

donnie  

about page 1.8.PNG
2016-6-7
Use props
cwiegand
lvl.2

Italy

Hi Donnie, first of all, thanks for the prompt reply.
the Dji Go application has been reinstalled two times properly.
The USB cable connection is the original Dji and I tried to replace it with others of good quality without result.
The device is a Samsung Galaxy tab A.
I also have a Phantom3 4K and with this the device and the application seems to work properly without disconnections.
The USB ports seem to be perfect and in any case is all new.
In the Dji Go application do not appears available the option "enable hardware  decode" neither the ability to select the HD video channels.
Maybe it is a limitation of the Android version of the EU compliance?
Everything seems to be automatic.
I apologize, I have some images but I am not able to upload from my pc!!
....done!
20160607_162901.jpg
20160606_182309.jpg
20160607_165545.jpg
20160607_170004.jpg
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

cwiegand@iol.it Posted at 2016-6-7 23:13
Hi Donnie, first of all thanks for the prompt reply.
the Dji Go application has been reinstalled two ...

I believe it's your device as it's not a DJI recommended device.
There may be too much data being transferred, you can try lowering the bitrate from the image transmission settings. You can search the internet how to do that and get into custom mode. Perhaps Donnie can explain how to.
It is strange that I see no signal bars in your last screenshot.
2016-6-7
Use props
Wieg1
lvl.2

Italy

Hello Ken,
during the flight, when appears the screen "disconnected" , exactly as if the USB cable is unplugged, no data are present.
When the drone gets closer the connection is not recovered.
I also think the possibility that the device ( Samsung Tab Galaxy A ) is not able to manage the data and may disconnect .
Before buying another device, I think the best may be the ipad air, and spend many hundreds of Euros, I would try to reinstall the firmware.
Just bought I had to install the new firmware and maybe I made a hasty action, perhaps the firmware was installed with the transmitter and the aircraft turned on ....
Before buying the new device I would like to reinstall properly the firmware but I would not know how to install on the same firmware.
I tried to insert the formatted SD card with the firmware in the camera but I have the message "failed" because the firmware is the same.
2016-6-7
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Wieg1 Posted at 2016-6-7 14:01
Hello Ken,
during the flight, when appears the screen "disconnected" , exactly as if the USB cable  ...

You cant re- install the  same firmware, all you can do is rolback the firmware to the previous one and then update to the new one once again.  Same with the RC Transmitter.

You are not getting the full benefits that a proper Device would give you, I can fly line of sight over 2 miiles away, and so will you when you get the right device .  

I am telling you that this will not improve your situation
BUT I want you to know how  to do this properly so I will explain it to you .

First fomat the SD card again, now go to the Phantom 3  4k page ( Make sure you have the right page )  and load the 1.7 version to the SD card.  Once loaded then place  SD in the camera slot for the SD card, now turn on the Aircraft .  MAKE SURE THE RC TRANSMITTER IS OFF DURING THIS PROCEDURE .  Let it load like the previous update .  When finished place the SD card back in the computer and look for the words "Success "

Now rollback the RC Transmitter. ( YOU  MUST DO THIS FOR THE SYSTEM TO WORK )  With the Aircraft off and near a strong Wi - fi signal turn  on the RC transmitter and open the go app to the first page with a picture of the Phantom 3 pro on it.  Press the right top corner you will see a Graduation cap , hold it for 5- 10 seconds, then let go , it will then show you what you can roll back to.  If the aircraft is at 1.7 the RC must load to 1.57 to work.

Now once you have this completed you can test out the aircraft, I think you will see  NO improvement whatsoever.  

Now you can update the aircraft back to 1.8 and the RC back to 1.6 using the same basic procedure.  IN each case be sure to update the Aircraft first.

I think you should get an I pad air, you will be much happier, there is No lag and it is a approved device. You will love it.

There you go , let me know if you have any questions.

ALSO HARDWARE DECODE IS ONLY ON THE APPLE OPERATING SYSTEMS  NOT ANDROID
***video below for rolling back the RC.

donnie

2016-6-7
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Wieg1 Posted at 2016-6-7 14:01
Hello Ken,
during the flight, when appears the screen "disconnected" , exactly as if the USB cable  ...

2016-6-7
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Also read my tips page for loading firmware , take you 5 min top to read.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html
2016-6-7
Use props
Wieg1
lvl.2

Italy

Hello Donnie,
we are talking about my Inspire 1 v2,
"now go to the Phantom 3  4k page ( Make sure you have the right page )  and load the 1.7 version to the SD card"....?do you confirm?
"open the go app to the first page with a picture of the Phantom 3 pro on it."...my first page shows A Inspire1 raw picture....?  
I think you mean Inspire1 not Phantom...correct?

At this point however, I will buy a new Apple device, I don't know Apple products, to avoid any mistakes I would like to know which is the best that can fully exploit the potential of Inspire and DJI Go.
Thank you....

2016-6-7
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Wieg1 Posted at 2016-6-8 01:11
Hello Donnie,
we are talking about my Inspire 1 v2,
"now go to the Phantom 3  4k page ( Make sure yo ...

YES, ( for Inspire 1 )   I glanced up at your other post for reference  and  thought you were referring the Phantom 3 .  SORRY  about that.  Yes, the Inspire 1  page. Sometimes Pilots own multiple machines and ask questions on different forums.  The version numbers are the Same  for the updates, just be sure to get the firmware version from the proper page that matches your machine.  

I pad air is the best to get in my oipinion, there have been some test comparison and the Ipad air had the very least amount of Lag time on the video.  I just purchased an" I pad Pro" Yesterday, the larger 13 inch version, I will let you know what I think of that.  I needed to buy a special Mount extension but it was easily obtained through E bay.  

Donnie

2016-6-8
Use props
Wieg1
lvl.2

Italy

... First of all I wish to thank Donnie and Ken for the right advices.
All sorted out, replaced the device with an Ipad Air2 and everything works perfectly.
Probably the Samsung Tab A can not handle the amount of Dji Go application data.
2016-6-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Wieg1 Posted at 2016-6-14 05:35
... First of all I wish to thank Donnie and Ken for the right advices.
All sorted out, replaced the  ...

That is great news, happy you are up and running

donnie
2016-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules