Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Geomagnetic storms and solar flares
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slimbo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218058 ft
Sweden

As alot of you probably know there was a pretty intense g-storm during 5th and 6th which I were late to realise. As I flew I noticed sudden drifting on and off which I never experienced before. Now I want to make sure this could be caused by extreme geomagnetic or solar activity, otherwise I probably need to recalibrate something. I did not have these issues today when flying on the same spot.

I am also wondering about what controllermode is default setting out of the box? I am currently using mode #2 and everytime I feel like I am nailing it I do the left-right switch and realise the copter is 180c facing me and I almost flew it into a wall.

Lastly can anyone recommend a custom pitch/yaw/roll sensitivity setting for technical and narrow flightpaths (such as between or under branches and so forth)?
I know the risks now I want to conquer them, not adjust to them.

Thanks for your time and any responses, Slim
2016-6-7
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

I have read at other, oppresively moderated Phantom Forums, that solar storms are nothing to be concerned with.
2016-6-7
Use props
slimbo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218058 ft
Sweden

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

As far as settings, you just have to play with them until you find the right settings for you.
I like a mushy feeling and not so rigid, so I have my gains and other settings to a lower value.
I have never had any weird flight experience due to weather phenomenon.
2016-6-7
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-7 11:49
As far as settings, you just have to play with them until you find the right settings for you.
I lik ...

Aloha Ken,

Can you post your Expo and Gain settings or are these trade secrets?  I used to like mushy settings until my drone-eating Avocado tree finally ate my P3P (since rebuilt).  My very mushy settings and the heat generated by a real low battery (<10%) appeared to set off my IMU enough to feed the tree or so it seemed (it kept wanting to go left).  I have since tightened up my Expo (and land with battery >20%) but I like what you said about the Gains.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-6-8 06:05
Aloha Ken,

Can you post your Expo and Gain settings or are these trade secrets?  I used to l ...

No secrets, I have my rudder and forward expo at .20 and my gains at 85 except I leave vertical at 100.
And I have the braking and attitude fairly low.
2016-6-7
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aloha slim,

There is a UAV web site;

http://www.uavforecast.com/#/

that includes geomagnetic and solar activity.  This is a .jpg of the weather prediction for Stockholm Sweden for tomorrow, June 8.
Aloha and Drone On!
UAV Weather.jpg
2016-6-7
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-7 12:12
No secrets, I have my rudder and forward expo at .20 and my gains at 85 except I leave vertical at ...

Aloha Ken,

Mahalo!  I have to check now.  Are rudder and forward the same for altitude (thrust) and left/right?  I think I will be trying your gains (85) though.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Cetaman Posted at 2016-6-8 06:20
Aloha Ken,

Mahalo!  I have to check now.  Are rudder and forward the same for altitude (thru ...

Yes they are.
After flying, adjust to your liking.
2016-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules