Phantom 3 Standard Battery Damaged Error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
benjamingarcia1
New

United States

I just got my Phantom 3 Standard in the mail yesterday and I read through everything, set it all up, and updated the firmware. I then proceeded to turn the phantom on and connect it to the DJI app and where it normally says "Safe to Fly", it said battery error. Does anyone know how to fix this or if you have experienced this before? Any help is appreciated. I just really want to fly my drone... This link are for some screenshots of the DJI app to show you what I am talking about: http://imgur.com/a/59M3P
2016-6-7
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

The only time I've received that error is when the battery was not fully and firmly inserted, up to that last satisfying SNAP.

But I see from your screen shot that there might be a bad cell. What happens if you turn everything off, take out the battery and snap it back in firmly: still get the same issue on that 3rd cell?

Chris

2016-6-7
Use props
benjamingarcia1
New

United States

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-6-7 15:20
The only time I've received that error is when the battery was not fully and firmly inserted, up to  ...

Yup it still shows that. The weird thing though is if the battery drains to about ~85% then it does not show that error.
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Benjamin, I'd suggest you to contact our service center in North America and send the battery for diagnosis.Cell 3 is not working well. 北美地址.JPG
2016-6-7
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

benjamingarcia1 Posted at 2016-6-8 06:37
Yup it still shows that. The weird thing though is if the battery drains to about ~85% then it doe ...

The battery is faulty, you need to return it.

The reason of the 85% I think is that after the other three cells drained a bit, their voltage would drop to the same range with the 3rd one. So the system think that the all four cells have similar voltages and everything is "normal" now.
2016-6-8
Use props
benjamingarcia1
New

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-8 00:34
Hello Benjamin, I'd suggest you to contact our service center in North America and send the battery  ...

Okay I will do that.
2016-6-8
Use props
benjamingarcia1
New

United States

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-8 02:40
The battery is faulty, you need to return it.

The reason of the 85% I think is that after the oth ...

Oh I see, okay thanks.
2016-6-8
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Can damaged Li-po batteries be sent in the mail?!
2016-6-8
Use props
benjamingarcia1
New

United States

FAS1 Posted at 2016-6-8 12:07
Can damaged Li-po batteries be sent in the mail?!

I don't think so they said just send the drone and they will see what is wrong if it's with the drone and then send out a new one. I guess I dispose of the battery myself.
2016-6-8
Use props
shayanza
lvl.1

United States

benjamingarcia1 Posted at 2016-6-8 15:38
I don't think so they said just send the drone and they will see what is wrong if it's with the dr ...

Or to save the headache, you could buy a battery separately and see if you get the same error. If not, it's the battery. If you still get the same error, then probably the drone
2016-6-8
Use props
benjamingarcia1
New

United States

shayanza@usc.ed Posted at 2016-6-8 17:11
Or to save the headache, you could buy a battery separately and see if you get the same error. If  ...

Yeah I might do that.
2016-6-8
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

benjamingarcia1 Posted at 2016-6-9 06:38
I don't think so they said just send the drone and they will see what is wrong if it's with the dr ...

The battery has a six month warranty with it, DJI will replace it if it's faulty.
2016-6-11
Use props
benjamingarcia1
New

United States

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-11 18:36
The battery has a six month warranty with it, DJI will replace it if it's faulty.

okay will do
2016-6-14
Use props
SilverHawker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79816 ft
Georgia

Hello @benjamingarcia1 i am encountering the same issue as you are i believe, look at my post and please tell me if you have the exact same problem (http://forum.dji.com/thread-57570-1-1.html) ps: can you update your picture of the error becuase i think the link is broken. Thank you!
2016-7-14
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

i would be superangry if that happend to me! hope you'll get it fixed asap!
2016-7-14
Use props
Glen John Halmshaw
New

Australia

Not sure why that have error messages I guess some are more detrimental then others I have a battery when I start the drone it has a (BATTERY DAMAGED) Warning at the top of the screen I have 3 batterys and all 3 of them have the same flight times every now and then one comes up with a battery error and sometimes they wont charge unless i turn them on before hand they are all under 12 months old and one has only been charged 5 times looking at all the forums I'm guessing it's just a ..., extremely sensitive warning system.
2019-12-27
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

You may have a look to the sensor contacts on the battery and the bird too. May be a pin birdside has a different length to the other pins and the signal could´nt conducted correctly from the bird to battery and back again to the bird.
1/10 mm is enough to get this error.
2019-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules