Another newbie with questions
1044 16 2016-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edwardheatley
New

United Kingdom

hello all, thank you for looking and potentially helping. I have just bought a dji2. I would like to know a few things. I have used it and works sound. Just got broadband so do I need to plug it all in to my Mac in order to check software etc? Is this an easy process?

Also I cannot for the life of me work out how to operate the two switches on the controller. I have a vague understanding of what they are supposed to do but any more info would be great. I understand that one is supposed to bring it "home" but I am struggling online to find out how to use and set up?

I M looking to take Arial shots and videos with this and it currently has a lookalike go pro device along with a static gimbal. What I would like to achieve is a live feed direct to my iPhone 6 Plus or iPad 2. Is it therefore possible to control a gimbal? If so what's recommended to get? What camera and gimbal setup? If this is possible what do I need to look for or check to see that this is compatible?

Any help would be greatly received.
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Welcome to our forum, Edward. Which drone do you use because "dji2" is not clear enough.
2016-6-7
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

South Korea

I suggest you read user manuals first, it is extremely important if you don't want to crash your plane.

By saying "DJI 2", if you mean "Phantom 2", you can find user manuals here http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/info#downloads , for other versions, just Google the name + user manual.
2016-6-8
Use props
Edwardheatley
New

United Kingdom

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-8 11:01
I suggest you read user manuals first, it is extremely important if you don't want to crash your pla ...

Unfortunately I have only been told it's a 2, no manuals but know it has the return home function. Have previous experience in flying various other drones and planes etc just hoping for some advice. Any way of finding out which one I have?
2016-6-8
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The link posted above is for the basic Phantom 2, which is what you have.
It does not come with any FPV equipment or any means to connect to your phone.
You can add a "real" gimbal and full FPV and monitor kit to work with a GoPro (although not sure about your "lookalike" camera), but you will never be able to use the Vision app as its only for the Vision Phantoms.
Basically it would be cheaper in the long run to just buy a new Phantom 3 Standard.
2016-6-8
Use props
Edwardheatley
New

United Kingdom

Have managed to plug it in etc I have a vision plus what's this mean etc in regards to above previous questions?
2016-6-8
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I think you need to post some photos of the Phantom and Transmitter.
The Vision + does not have a static gimbal or a gopro like camera.
Does the transmitter have the Wi-Fi range extender bolted to the top and the clamp for a mobile phone ?
If not then you don't have a Vision +.
2016-6-8
Use props
Edwardheatley
New

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-6-8 21:22
I think you need to post some photos of the Phantom and Transmitter.
The Vision + does not have a st ...

unfortunately not, it doesn't have a wifi extender or the clamp. however having it on the app on the mac it has told me it is a vision plus. not sure if this is an accurate way of telling or not. the item was bought on eBay through a recommended seller of refurbished phantoms. i believe he removes a lot and is able to fix them and sell them at a cheaper rate. had a good chat with him when i met him. under the static/ anti vibration gimbal there is a whole into the shell if that makes sense?
2016-6-8
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Underneath the Phantom is a sticker with the model number, what is it ?
Photos are really needed..
2016-6-8
Use props
Edwardheatley
New

United Kingdom

This may sound daft but how do I load pictures to the forum? The model number is p330z

2016-6-8
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

That's a basic Phantom 2 with at a guess a Zenmuse gimbal ?
My Vision + model number is PV331
2016-6-8
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Photos from your computer can be added by clicking the "advanced" link on the right side of this box.
2016-6-8
Use props
Edwardheatley
New

United Kingdom

IMG_0303.jpg IMG_0304.jpg IMG_0305.jpg IMG_0307.jpg
you will have to excuse the ridiculous stickers on it atm
IMG_0302.jpg
IMG_0303.jpg
IMG_0304.jpg
IMG_0305.jpg
IMG_0307.jpg
2016-6-8
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

OK, back to my first post then.
That's a non genuine battery as well.
In my opinion its not worth trying to add all the stuff you will need for FPV video, a 3 axis gimbal & FPV kit with a monitor, iosd device for telemetry + a real GoPro will cost more than a brand new Phantom 3 Standard.
Even with all the above added you will not be able to use the mobile app.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
2016-6-8
Use props
Edwardheatley
New

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-6-8 22:26
OK, back to my first post then.
That's a non genuine battery as well.
In my opinion its not worth tr ...

Oh ok no worries. I didn't pay much at all for it really so not that gutted. Is it good for learning? Is the battery bad? I've been tempted to buy a new one for a long time but have always been worried about the outlay and then if I were to bin it somewhere does that make sense? Would you say it's still safe?
2016-6-8
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

It would be fine for practice / learning all the controls and flight modes.
I would read the Phantom 2 manual and learn what the different LED's mean, you don't need the app or FPV to fly, but you will need to concentrate and keep it in view all the time.
Good practice for the time when you want to upgrade.
The bolted on camera will still give you interesting video and stills to watch later, as long as you make it back
2016-6-8
Use props
Edwardheatley
New

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-6-8 22:55
It would be fine for practice / learning all the controls and flight modes.
I would read the Phantom ...

Cheers for the advice am loving it already and think it is going to be a forever epanding hobby!  It's way better than all the previous drones I own. Am a keen photographer hence the reason I wanted a better quality one to what I have had previously and have learnt so much already
2016-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules