Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo timelapse is an absolute joke
1730 14 2016-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MajorNugget
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I know this has been discussed to death, I just wanted to raise this again as another user with the same problems as many others.
DJI Osmo attached to DJI extension pole which is attached to the DJI Tripod. All mounted on a solid brick wall and absolutely no breeze or wind and yet the footage wobbles, nudges moves EVEN WITH THE GIMBAL LOCKED!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/60epde ... %2039%2004.mov?dl=0

I spoke to DJI on their live chat, it was so painful, long gaps between messages, referred to another agent as THEY'VE NEVER SEEN THIS BEHAVIOUR!

Also, seriously, 720p only for timelapse. The footage from my iPhone is considerably more usable than anything the Osmo has created.

Can this wobble really be fixed with Firmware!?!
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
Yes, it's a reported issue. Our engineers are dedicated to their jobs and trying to figure out in the future.
However, we would recommend using the OSMO for recording video in movement and you'll find the advantage of the stabilization in it.
Please always keep the firmware up to date for a better performance.

If there's any update on this issue with the firmware, we'll keep you informed.

Thanks.
2016-6-7
Use props
martin94b
lvl.4
Netherlands

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-8 09:40
Hello.
Yes, it's a reported issue. Our engineers are dedicated to their jobs and trying to figure ou ...

Then why does DJI advertise the OSMO as a 4k TimeLapse device if you recommend using the OSMO for video in movement (only)?!

These issues have been reported from the very beginning, and still not fixed by now (and probably never will according to DJI Adeles comments in multiple threads).

And when is the long promised pre-programmable 2-axis movement finally available? It´s been promised since November (2015), nothing yet?!
2016-6-8
Use props
MajorNugget
lvl.2
United Kingdom

If DJI are advertising this as a 4K time lapse device then surely they're breaking some type of advertising law? It would be interesting to see where we stand legally
2016-6-8
Use props
tino0
lvl.3

Croatia

OSMO is just detached Inspire camera. Now they will try to lock motors somehow by software. But i don't think that will work close than camera on tripod.
Minimal movement of those motors will make issue in time lapse video. And i'm not sure that minimal movement can be avoided by software.
Minimal battery voltage variation could produce that movement.
2016-6-8
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

MajorNugget Posted at 2016-6-9 05:05
If DJI are advertising this as a 4K time lapse device then surely they're breaking some type of adve ...

Hello.
We'll take care of the law issue, please don't worry about it.

Thanks for your support.
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

martin94b Posted at 2016-6-8 18:19
Then why does DJI advertise the OSMO as a 4k TimeLapse device if you recommend using the OSMO for  ...

Thanks for your concern.
Our engineers will try to fix those issues step by step.
Your continous support would be highly appreciated.
2016-6-12
Use props
MajorNugget
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-12 11:36
Hello.
We'll take care of the law issue, please don't worry about it.

I was actually going to take legal action, I was curious how DJI are able to advertise a feature which is simply not true.

Anyway, quick question. Could you give ANY information on when the fix will be released? I'm seriously considering returning my Osmo, extension, tripod mount, 4 batteries and car mount
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

MajorNugget Posted at 2016-6-13 05:03
I was actually going to take legal action, I was curious how DJI are able to advertise a feature w ...

Hello, MajorNugget
I'm sorry that I have no idea about the "fix".
If there's any update, we would definitely keep you informed in the official website.

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-6-12
Use props
NotARubicon
lvl.2

United States

I am more concerned about if it is "a reported issue" with dedicated engineers working on it, why did the support reps tell him they've never seen this behavior ? I mean jeezus, 10 seconds on Google and you'll see everyone complaining about it.  It's starting to look like DJI support is either retarded and blind, or trained to lie..
Which is it?
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

NotARubicon Posted at 2016-6-13 11:35
I am more concerned about if it is "a reported issue" with dedicated engineers working on it, why di ...

Hello.
We have different representatives supporting different product lines, you may just reach the wrong person if you get an incorrect information, sorry for any inconvenience.
For any accurate informaton, please refer to our official website or the dedicated support team.

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-6-12
Use props
NotARubicon
lvl.2

United States

Wow... Just wow.. Paying customers are contacting support for CORRECT INFORMATION.. "You just may reach the wrong person" or "if you get incorrect information, sorry" is about the worst response I've ever seen from any company.
DJI has a serious customer support issue.  I can only hope that the people in charge recognize this and do something to improve it..

2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

NotARubicon Posted at 2016-6-13 12:31
Wow... Just wow.. Paying customers are contacting support for CORRECT INFORMATION.. "You just may re ...

Hello.
If you have any problem with the Osmo, please feel free to leave message here.
May I know what I can do for you?

Thanks for your support.
2016-6-12
Use props
meteorosz
lvl.2

Australia

I agree that this is an unsatisfactory answer from DJI-Adela.

I paid very good money for this device, and to find out that one of its main advertised features simply doesn't work properly is appalling. I bought the Osmo based on this feature.

It seems like blatant false advertising to me. Is this feature addressed in the Osmo+ ? If so, then we should be eligible for an exchange.
2016-9-6
Use props
maurymcc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37949 ft

Yeah, I bought the Osmo PRO with the X5, and I can't do 3 things the site lists:

Panorama
Timelapse
Long exposures
2016-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules