4057 60 2016-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jacopo.marcoval
Second Officer
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-17 20:40
As I replied to your post in the other thread, I'm glad it's all working for you and your back up  ...

Sorry if i cross post :-)
Thank You
2016-6-17
Use props
darrenphillips1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501913 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-18 02:40
As I replied to your post in the other thread, I'm glad it's all working for you and your back up  ...

Great work ken it takes a while for the penny to drop sometimes
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

jacopo.marcoval Posted at 2016-6-18 03:27
Sorry if i cross post :-)
Thank You

No problem at all, just try to keep a single issue in a single thread. I've seen some people post a single issue and start three or four threads and reply to other people's threads with their issue and it's counterproductive to try to answer the same question across 10 different threads.
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

darrenphillips1 Posted at 2016-6-17 13:22
Great work ken it takes a while for the penny to drop sometimes

It's all good
2016-6-17
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Second Officer
Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-17 22:37
No problem at all, just try to keep a single issue in a single thread. I've seen some people post ...

You are right, but i thought that if i answer directly in different thread i will inform everyone.
2016-6-17
Use props
Element Ho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1724797 ft
Hong Kong

Agree!!!
My phantom just fly away and I can't find it. And DJI insist told to me that it's my fault but it's compass defect in fact!!!
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jacopo.marcoval Posted at 2016-6-18 14:56
You are right, but i thought that if i answer directly in different thread i will inform everyone. ...

That is fine, but try not to post the exact same thing in many many threads. It will take that much more work to answer each time.
2016-6-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Element Ho Posted at 2016-6-18 15:11
Agree!!!
My phantom just fly away and I can't find it. And DJI insist told to me that it's my fault  ...

What is your email and I will review your flight.
The Phantom 3 does not just fly away, You had your compass calibrated and IMU calibrated too ?
2016-6-18
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Second Officer
Italy

Last cross post, then i open a new thread I promise
i have tested today my p3s in an open field (many electricity pylon and one gsm but 0 human  )
I have reched 290 meters distance with full rc signal (70 meters height).
I have only one advice for video signal and some video latency but it all acettable
I am very happy now i can use and have fun with my phantom 3s

Here you can see my flight stats: http://healthydrones.com/main?share=UtiGMO
2016-6-19
Use props
mark4p
New

United States

I agree.

I have a P3S. I used FW 1.4 for a year and had zero problems. I updated to version 1.6 and my craft immediately became very unstable. I have found no fix to date. If it worked like this out of the box, I would of returned it.
2016-6-21
Use props
marc31
New

Germany

I am from Germany:

With my new P3P I have the same massive probleme: The Firmware 1.8.80 und 1.9.60 reduces range and high extremly! In about 350meter high I loose signal every time. 400m is not possible, it says "no signal" and rth is activated.

I have also an P3A with firmware 1.6.40: 4 Kilometers distance and 500m high work fine.

Both Phantoms on the same place, but massive difference in range and high. So there is no interference from other signals that can be the cause.

Tomorrow I will fly to sychelles. I wanted to take me new P3P with me, but with the new firmware and therefore massive reduced rang and high I have to take my old P3A with me.

I will never again buy a NEW Phantom if this problem remains. I read that RC sends now with 10mw. In Older Firmwares before April, the RC sended with 20mW! so obviously DJI reduced the sending power and with that range and high.... I am really frustrated

Is there really absolutly no possibility to downgrade the newe P3P more than 1 step. I would need Firmware 1,7!
2016-8-3
Use props
skipilot1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1557398 ft
United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-6-10 00:54
I always wonder if it is a firmware/app interaction issue as well.   Updated firmware alone may no ...

I am using the latest firmware and iOS version and I am as happy as a pig in mud with my P3p. I don't understand all the complaints about the upgrades.
2016-8-3
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

hihi_shrek Posted at 2016-6-9 12:34
Did DJI release a new firmware update after all the drama and "limited rage" saga? Anyone here tried ...

What do you mean , the limit the range ?
2016-8-3
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

Aardvark Posted at 2016-6-8 02:53
What firmware and what problems are you referring to ? Your post contains no information at all apar ...

There are some people complaining about the firmware update , because gps error , flyways, crash ,vibration etc

it include me , i lose my new quad after the update , im  following the steps that dji are requesting
i hope they can help me

i dont know if this is in general or is just some quads ,  

did you update the firmware already ?
2016-8-3
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

jacopo.marcoval Posted at 2016-6-17 11:48
Hi all,
i have received my p3s back and this afternoon i have tested it.
I was in a park with a lot  ...

you are so lucky ,i spect the same from dji

im just waiting the answer from DJI
2016-8-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-4 04:24
There are some people complaining about the firmware update , because gps error , flyways, crash , ...

I've updated again (to current version) since I made that post nearly two months ago, without problems as yet. The OP was very vague about what was wrong and what builds they were using.
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-4 11:24
There are some people complaining about the firmware update , because gps error , flyways, crash , ...

You modified your RC and installed the those range extenders correct?
What answers are you waiting for. Can you start a new thread specific to your problem
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

skipilot1 Posted at 2016-8-4 11:12
I am using the latest firmware and iOS version and I am as happy as a pig in mud with my P3p. I do ...

Thanks for posting.
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-8-5 01:46
I've updated again (to current version) since I made that post nearly two months ago, without prob ...

Thanks for posting.
2016-8-4
Use props
skipilot1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1557398 ft

While I had no problem with updates after meticulously following the manufacturer's instruction, I suspect that these complaints are due to other problems. I keep seeing the same complaint, "this only happened after the update."

This statement makes me wonder about the IMU calibration, the proper compass calibration and if all readings are checked prior to flying including the sensor readings that would indicate if there is some kind of problem with the IMU or compass.

I have had some problems on startup with compass and IMU readings so I didn't fly. I went home and put my drone in the fridge for 15 minutes and immediately did an IMU calibration on a level surface. The compass calibration was done on a football field with no metal around. When the readings were still incorrect, I deleted the DJI GO app, shut down the iPad, restarted it, downloaded the software and checked ALL settings in all menus. I have not had a problem since.

This is a great drone and a great piece of software overall. As with all technology, whether it is my computer or my home entertainment/surround sound system with the universal remote, when problems arise that are not easily fixed you just have to go step by step. It takes time but a little patience pays off.
2016-8-4
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-4 11:56
You modified your RC and installed the those range extenders correct?
What answers are you waiting ...

Yea i did that with my phantom 3 standard, and i was kind of happy because it increase the range

but 3 months ago i sell my phantom 3 standard , and 2 months ago i get a phantom 3 professional
and i was really happy because i reach 5 km with no issues at all , that light bridge works amazing

So my phantom 3 pro , is all stock  as it comes , i was amazed with the quad , but 3 days ago i decide to update the firmware to the last one , and unfortunately it was a really bad idea , i get some GPS errors and then a fly away , so i already escalate this to support team and now im waiting the answer from them

also here is the thread i create about this

so Ken please if you can help me im going to appreciate it   i want to go back to the air as soon as possible

here the post

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=2#pid466794
2016-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules