Rotor Lock Mount Hours
1318 9 2016-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamsavi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3850846 ft
Australia

Would like to know from those who have already logged a fair few hours on their P4's if and/or when they have noticed any wear on the Rotor Lock Mounts? Just wondering how durable they actually are and if anyone is changing them after a particular amount of Hours. They're a pretty cheap replaceable part so I'd rather swap them out before any chance of random failure, but I want to see how long they are lasting at the moment.
2016-6-8
Use props
hummingbird.uav
First Officer
Flight distance : 8378937 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If you don't crash the machine and break props I don't think they are going to "wear" out.  Inspect them every time the props are put on though.  The parts are inexpensive so I have a spare set on hand with the correct screw driver in my case.  
2016-6-8
Use props
j5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I now have over 100 flights on the P4.  I inspect the mounts and always do a preflight hover to assure all is in balance. Have had no wear or balance issues.  I too have a couple of extra mounts, if they are ever needed.
2016-6-8
Use props
jwt873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

To me it seems that the mounts should be rated by the number of prop installations and removals.  That's the only time there is any real force is applied to the little tabs.  (I always think about this when installing or removing props)

Having an extra couple of mounts is a really good idea.  That way should one break, you won't have any down time while waiting to receive a replacement.   I think I'll order some today.
2016-6-8
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

When I was flying today I noticed one of the props was not lifting back up after installing, there was some muck on the drive shaft, not sure what it was but have cleaned it off and fitted new props, they are so cheap best to not lose a £1400 drone. Just make sure the props pop up when fitted
2016-6-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since they are only $6 for a set, I'd be changing them frequently like every 50 flights or whatever you're comfortable with.
I did talk to a tech and he said you can usually tell because they will break on install or removal and not while flying.
2016-6-8
Use props
iamsavi
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-9 05:58
Since they are only $6 for a set, I'd be changing them frequently like every 50 flights or whatever  ...

Cheers for the feedback guys. I also have a few spares and check the mounts pre and post flights and have had to tighten them a couple times, but wasn't sure about material fatigue. I'm close to 10 hours/40 flights on my P4 and was curious if anyone has had any failures with them yet to gauge a reasonable periodic change to start using.

If anyone has had one break though, it would still be great to find out how old it was.
2016-6-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

iamsavi Posted at 2016-6-9 08:49
Cheers for the feedback guys. I also have a few spares and check the mounts pre and post flights a ...

At the $6 per set, I'd change them. Better safe than sorry.I know people that have one much longer with no issues, but why chance it.
2016-6-8
Use props
gasram
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2110 ft
United Kingdom

The shipping cost is more than the parts to me in the UK.
2016-6-10
Use props
iamsavi
lvl.3
Australia

Anyone else with long hours on their P4 have feedback?
2016-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules