Phantom 3 Advanced No Camera Signal and Camera Dies after 10s
3411 11 2016-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lourenz.c
New

South Africa

Hi

I recently updated my Phantom 3 and my App, It was working fine after the update but then when I swithced it off and took it away to fly the Camera went on and then shut off after about 10s the App says no signal and there is no image on the screen.

My Phantom has never had a crash or been exposed to any sort of damage.

I know lots of people have been having this issue please advise on how I can fix it. As I now have a $1000 door stop.

2016-6-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>

Can you show us the About screen?
2016-6-9
Use props
Lancer2yu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 802461 ft
United States

I'm having the same issues with my Adv. Did you get a fix for it?
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Were you able to resolve your issue?
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Lancer2yu Posted at 2016-6-30 00:31
I'm having the same issues with my Adv. Did you get a fix for it?

Could you provide a screenshot of your About page in the DJI Go app? What LED combination are you getting from the camera?
2016-6-29
Use props
Lancer2yu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 802461 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-29 15:32
Could you provide a screenshot of your About page in the DJI Go app? What LED combinatin are you g ...

There is no LED lights on the camera. I will grab a screen shot of the DJI Go App when I get a chance.
2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Lancer2yu Posted at 2016-7-1 04:09
There is no LED lights on the camera. I will grab a screen shot of the DJI Go App when I get a cha ...

That would be great. Have you also been in contact with our North American Support Center, just in case a RMA is needed?
2016-6-30
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-1 06:53
That would be great. Have you also been in contact with our North American Support Center, just in ...

Hi I have this exact issue,

Phantom 3 Pro, Purchased in Jun 2015.

Never crashed, and always flown well. No Previous issues.
Flown a week before, no updates (start of July) went to fly on the 12th of July 2016 and camera does the exact same thing as described again below

Turn on App, controller and Phantom

Alll normal for App and Controller

Phantom starts up as per normal beeps and does the gimbal dance, however there is no gimbal light where there previously was either a green or red flashing LED.

After about 10 seconds the camera goes limp and there is not any video transmission sent to my app. The aircraft continues to warm up and i am able to fly it with no issues besides the fact that there is no camera functions what so ever.

Thinking this was an upgrade issue i attempted to upgrade the dron via micro sd. However the Micro SD is no longer recignised when i slot it into the drone?

I have not fiddled or removed any of the cables.

Searching the forums this seems to be a common occurrence during the month of June 2016?

Jamie and Ed Toe,

Can you please advise what my next course of action will be? i am based in Australia. I would like this to be fixed ASAP as i have work commitments i need to meet.

Regards

CLUU
2016-7-13
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-6-10 05:23
Can you show us the About screen?

Never crashed, and always flown well. No Previous issues.

Flown a week before, no updates (start of July) went to fly on the 12th of July 2016 and camera does the exact same thing as described again below

Turn on App, controller and Phantom

Alll normal for App and Controller

Phantom starts up as per normal beeps and does the gimbal dance, however there is no gimbal light where there previously was either a green or red flashing LED.

After about 10 seconds the camera goes limp and there is not any video transmission sent to my app. The aircraft continues to warm up and i am able to fly it with no issues besides the fact that there is no camera functions what so ever.

Thinking this was an upgrade issue i attempted to upgrade the dron via micro sd. However the Micro SD is no longer recignised when i slot it into the drone?

I have not fiddled or removed any of the cables.

Searching the forums this seems to be a common occurrence during the month of June 2016?

Jamie and Ed Toe,

Can you please advise what my next course of action will be? i am based in Australia. I would like this to be fixed ASAP as i have work commitments i need to meet.

Regards

CLUU
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

C_LUU Posted at 2016-7-14 12:05

Could you clarify what firmware is currently on your aircraft and RC? Are there any error messages in the DJI Go app once the gimbal goes limp? A more immediate solution is contacting support@dji.com to get started with a RMA, as there is a chance that proper communication from the camera to the aircraft has become disconnectecd. Since the SD is not able to be read, you would not be able to reapply firmware.
2016-7-14
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-14 16:02
Could you clarify what firmware is currently on your aircraft and RC? Are there any error messages ...

Hi Jamie,

My P3P has been sent for repair
They have quoted the repair at $400? by the way the drone was in perfect working order prior to this, it just stopped working all of a sudden?

I am disappointed in DJI for this, The issue was the gimble motherboard failing. No crashes no mistreatment of drone (beloved Prized possession) and in order for me to continue to use it beyond 12 months, i have to pay a 1/4 of the sale price again? I dont think thats right, not only that but i have been charged freight in the invoice? All case's i here on here seem to have free freight? to be honest, i could have purchased and installed a full new camera & gimbal myself for slightly more, and thats just going of the spare parts prices online?!? Now DJI have my drone and are over charging me?

I started at Phantom 1, 3 years ago and worked my way up to P3P last year, as you know these things arnt cheap, but now i have to fork out 1/4 of the purchase price just to get it going again so i can sell to upgrade? Very Disappointing. Id appreciate if someone at DJi can look into this? Gimbal mother board failing 1 month out of warranty seems like rort to me, searching these forums it seems pretty common.

Case Number CAS-201319-D6H7J3
CRM 0001000040670
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

C_LUU Posted at 2016-8-2 13:27
Hi Jamie,

Warranty can always be tricky when it's outside of the period. Thank you for providing your RMA number, I will see if any further information is available. In regards to freight cost, that can be applicable when dealing with non warranty repairs. The freight for warranty repair would be free.
2016-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules