LITCHI app
4346 31 2016-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tiansimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 593120 ft

Hi Guys

I was wondering is the LITCHI app safe to use. I was interested in the 360o Panarama function and the waypoint programing (without first having to fly them).

Is it as safe to use as the DJI go app.

Anyone got any commets about the app also.

2016-6-8
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Tian, I downloaded the app this week and have flown 4 waypoint missions on so far including one on which the signal was disconnected and the P4 successfully completed its mission. So far i havent had any issues with it, Im using the current firmware, the latest DJI Go app and an ipad mini 4.

I have been planning the missions before hand and using google maps to do height checks, however i have still been doing a short manually flown recci flight before hand to double check my heights.

here is my first waypoint mission from this week.
2016-6-8
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

This was shot in Litchi WP today.

2016-6-8
Use props
ECO-DRONES
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54265 ft
Brazil

Hello,

Talking about Litchi, is possible fly by DJI Go, but just getting video by Litchi, for FPV in MY VR Goggles?

I mean, I don't want other features from Litchi, only wireless video streaming for my Goggles, for FPV.

Thanks!
2016-6-8
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

ECO-DRONES Posted at 2016-6-8 22:01
Hello,

Talking about Litchi, is possible fly by DJI Go, but just getting video by Litchi, for FPV i ...

Just fly with Litchi then.
2016-6-8
Use props
ECO-DRONES
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54265 ft
Brazil

markaguille Posted at 2016-6-9 05:34
Just fly with Litchi then.

markaguille

I recently read few troubles with Litchi, resulting flips in flight, and crash.
So, I want to fly with Offical app (DJI Go), but really want Litchi only for FPV...
It's possible?
2016-6-8
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ECO-DRONES Posted at 2016-6-9 11:50
markaguille

Is it possible?  Of course it is.

Where are these reports of crashing with Litchi?
2016-6-8
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145869 ft
Sweden

I bought Litchi because DJI Go did not have panorama feature. Litchi does a great job with it.
Here is an example of a 360 panorama where I used Litchi

Stockholm Old City
2016-6-8
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 593120 ft

jameswarden@bti Posted at 2016-6-9 04:14
Hi Tian, I downloaded the app this week and have flown 4 waypoint missions on so far including one o ...

Very impressive, very smooth and professional. The only thing that worries me is reports I've read about the P4 turning upside down and flying into the ground. But of courser this could have been a hardware error.
2016-6-9
Use props
icmalz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5568 ft
United States

Just finished my 1st successful flight using Litchi.
Having a little problem with the camera, will get it sorted out. Not Litchi's fault, I'm having a problem understanding it...
I think it's safe.
One suggestion, how about a shutter sound when taking a picture. Couldn't tell if I was taking a picture or not???

2016-6-9
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

ECO-DRONES Posted at 2016-6-9 02:50
markaguille

I have probalby  flown Litchi as much as I have DJO GO (over 400 flights), had plenty of issues with DJI app not one with Litchi. The most solid App that I have used to date.
If you are worried about every issue with every app and every UAV, this may not be the hobby for you. If you look into it enough there are horror stories out there about pretty much every aspect of flying UAV's.
Go out and enjoy your purchase.

Regards
Mark G.
2016-6-10
Use props
BadgerDog
lvl.1
Canada

Hello folks...

Well, I decided to buy Litchi and I already seem to have an issue in understanding how to flight plan a simple route.

I've read the manual a few times, but I don't seem to grasp the altitude setting one uses for each way point.  Is it AGL or ASL?

I plotted point 1, which is my take off point, so do I set that that to zero feet, then plot point 2 and make it 200 feet so the bird climbs out?  .. or, do I set point 1 at 200 feet, so the bird climbs straight up then flies a straight line to point 2 which I set to 200 feet?

The most important thing is I'm trying to grasp is the height relative to what?  Is it 200 feet above ground level, or 200 feet above sea level and if the latter, how do I know what that is for my neigborhood?

Thanks...
2016-6-10
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Height above take off point.

You make your first waypoint above take off point, so it goes straight up to height first, then your 2nd WP can start to move away from your position.

To help you out, take a look at this mission, and the video, the video starts at waypoint 4 and ends at WP 20.

https://flylitchi.com/hub?m=YYiUDXsHWL

2016-6-10
Use props
BadgerDog
lvl.1
Canada

malvern Posted at 2016-6-10 21:32
Height above take off point.

You make your first waypoint above take off point, so it goes straight ...

Thanks Malvern...

That's helpful... I'll watch that YouTube video ..

So, it's important that I know the terrain height of the path I'm going to fly along, paying particularly attention to any obstacles that might protrude up higher then the waypoint altitudes I've set.

2016-6-10
Use props
hjscm
New

United States

the altitude is AGL.  set the first waypoint and height then go from there.  the set POI and set the height you want your camera looking at.  so if you 100' AGL and want your camera looking at a front door it would be apporx. 3' for camera.  The flip over was just one quad and it seems like either a loss of motor,esc, or something else.  most likely not litchi, but it could be.
2016-6-10
Use props
BadgerDog
lvl.1
Canada

Malvern ...

At your waypoint #4, altitude is set to 166m ..

Below that it says "Ground Elevation: 154m (73m above first waypoint)"

How does the app know the actual Ground Elevation at that waypoint #4?  Where is it automatically picking up that data, which indicates that your waypoint height setting of 166m is safe, assuming the actual ground elevation is truly only 154m.  Am I'm interpreting this correctly?

Thanks ..

ps:  By the way.. great video... I hope I can get to that stage of quality ...
2016-6-10
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I am also considering Litchi and I have seen the videos of the P4s falling off the sky.

In one case it seemed to be due to a vortex ring state developed, which makes me wonder:

When Litchi sees a difference in WayPoint altitude, does it adjust it gradually, or does it go to the new altitude as fast as it can?
I hope it does it gradually, otherwise, that can be the cause of the downed P4s.
------------------------------------------------
Does Litchi offer an option to set the flight altitude relative to the ground elevation?
I assume it knows the ground elevation, so can we set it relative to it?
2016-6-10
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

My other question is (I have seen answers on youtube which are not consistent):

It seems like Litchi will continue it's mission even if the signal is lost.
But is there a mode which we have to disable to RTH in the DJ Go app,
or we can disable the RTH in the event of signal loss in Litchi?
2016-6-10
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

BadgerDog Posted at 2016-6-10 15:09
Malvern ...

At your waypoint #4, altitude is set to 166m ..

How does the app know the actual Ground Elevation at that waypoint #4?  
Where is it automatically picking up that data, which indicates that your waypoint height setting of 166m is safe, assuming the actual ground elevation is truly only 154m.  Am I'm interpreting this correctly?

It uses a barometer.

WP #4 is 166m altitude, 73m above first WP, so take off 73m from 166m, that means the height of the P4 at WP #4 will be 93m.  (166m - 73m = 93m)
2016-6-10
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-6-10 16:26
I am also considering Litchi and I have seen the videos of the P4s falling off the sky.

In one case ...

Gradually on a gradient between the two points.
2016-6-10
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-6-10 16:54
My other question is (I have seen answers on youtube which are not consistent):

It seems like Litch ...

Yes you can cancel the RTH on signal loss in Litchi, and you can tell it to continue with it's mission, but please remember you can only do this in the app, so if you make your mission in the online mission hub, then when you open it up in your app you need to go straight into the mission settings and set RTH. and check cruise and max speeds.
2016-6-10
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

malvern Posted at 2016-6-10 12:05
Gradually on a gradient between the two points.

Do we control the gradient rate slope, or is it preset?

Thanks!
2016-6-10
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

malvern Posted at 2016-6-10 12:07
Yes you can cancel the RTH on signal loss in Litchi, and you can tell it to continue with it's miss ...

Can I still set Lichi to RTH if the battery reaches some low level, which I can choose?

How do we make sure we have enough battery current to complete the mission?
Does Lichi have any built in Fail Safe mode which will make it enter RTH automatically?
2016-6-10
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205696 ft
Italy

Yesterday i crashed my Phantom after a panorama 360 made with litchi
2016-6-10
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Italy

Here is the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9jfjucc6k56x28/DJI_0066.mov it starts at 29:00
2016-6-10
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Why do you think it's a Litchi-problem ???
I never use DJI GO, 100 % of the time Litchi and have never had any problems, not with drones falling out of the sky (and i made more than 400 360 ° panorama's, 56 orbits and 812 waypoint missions from 800 m to 8550 meters long) all withouit one glitch.
2016-6-10
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Italy

PhanFran Posted at 2016-6-10 20:41
Why do you think it's a Litchi-problem ???
I never use DJI GO, 100 % of the time Litchi and have ne ...

I don't know if it is a Litchi problem i only said Phantom crashed while using the Litchi App. I like that app alot too.
2016-6-10
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

While using the Lichi Way Points, can we increase/decrease the speed manually using the RC?
2016-6-10
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

you can increase or decrease the throttle to speed up or slow down while it remains on its waypoints path, that's why in the mission settings on the app you set the cruising speed and max speed. the cruis speed being the normal speed, and the max speed is what you can throttle up to.
2016-6-10
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

the best thing about Litchi is the capability to use google earth to set the flight path and altitudes, and then upload and edit on Litchi, and then go and fly it, then go home and watch it and check where you can improve it, edit it in Litchi again to make improvements, go out and fly it again, repeat, repeat, repeat, until it is just as you want it.

2016-6-10
Use props
fans73f2e14b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4026 ft
  • >>>
United States

ECO-DRONES Posted at 2016-6-8 17:50
markaguille

Litchi keep turning my video off. Anyone having this problem?
2017-3-30
Use props
fans73f2e14b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4026 ft
  • >>>
United States

RemusE Posted at 2016-6-8 23:45
I bought Litchi because DJI Go did not have panorama feature. Litchi does a great job with it.
Here is an example of a 360 panorama where I used Litchi

Wow! That's very impressive. What software did you use to process the Litchi files into such a smooth panorama?
2017-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules