3034 7 2016-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mmarkoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

My P4 flies great. Using a Samsung Tab A 8" Tablet. The red directional arrow point is always pointing backwards. I've tried searching for a way to re-orient it. Seen things like:
1. Compass lock on arrow, but do not see one.
2. Seen it said the Tablet itself must have a compass which the Tab A does not.
3. Walk Tablet in figure 8s before flying which if there is no compass in Tablet seems irrelevant.

As the compass in GO APP seems to always point towards back I guess I can live with this but if it is re-orienting as P4 flies I wonder if there is a way to get arrow point facing forward?

Thanks,
Marty
2016-6-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Marty, when your RC is right behind the drone, the red arrow should be upwards in the screen. And this arrow is related to the drone sensor data and mobile device sensor data especially the compass.If its direction is not right, it is necessary to calibrate the drone's IMU and compass as well as the mobile device's compass. Here is an introduction of this attitude indicator :
2016-6-9
Use props
c.davies60
New

United Kingdom

My compass arrow changes to fixed or rotating map if i tap it, or have i read this wrong ?
2016-6-13
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.3
United States

c.davies60@btin Posted at 2016-6-13 10:07
My compass arrow changes to fixed or rotating map if i tap it, or have i read this wrong ?

Your tablet has a magnetic field sensor. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A does not.
2016-6-13
Use props
mmarkoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-10 02:47
Hello Marty, when your RC is right behind the drone, the red arrow should be upwards in the screen.  ...

Thanks for the video and info as relates to the Controller orientation. The problem has existed since purchased in March. IMU has been calibrated several times and both always show proper functioning in DJI GO app. Problem is likely the Samsung Tab A 8" which works well in every other way does not have a built in compass.
Marty
2016-6-13
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

mmarkoe Posted at 2016-6-14 08:07
Thanks for the video and info as relates to the Controller orientation. The problem has existed si ...

Specs for the Tab A indicate that (unlike most Android tablets) it does not have a compass sensor.
So the app has no idea what way the tablet is pointing and is unable to orient anything properly.
2016-6-13
Use props
Airspace Explor
lvl.3
United States

mmarkoe Posted at 2016-6-13 15:07
Thanks for the video and info as relates to the Controller orientation. The problem has existed si ...

Have you tried the C1 & C2 button customization yet?
2016-6-13
Use props
fanse7fbeb63
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It turns out the answer to this is incredibly simple. In order for the red arrow to be pointing in correct direction, the front facing camera direction, you must have the RC directly behind the Phantom 4 facing the battery when you start the RC and airplane.
Marty
2016-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules