3522 18 2015-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
colin.hinkle.em
lvl.2
Flight distance : 767411 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone else getting "jello" shaky video when flying their new Inspire 1? You can see from my test video below it is a problem on mine currently. Also the gimbal seems to be slightly off tilt when flying

2015-1-21
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

Doesn't look that bad to me...I'd hate to have your area to fly...way too congested. Slap a neutral density filter on it....buy a stronger ND and try that...put in stiffer shocks.
2015-1-21
Use props
colin.hinkle.em
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The ND filter was on for this flight. Do you know where I can buy a darker ND filter? I know the Inspire comes with extra shocks. Are those stiffer?
2015-1-21
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

vid looks great
2015-1-21
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

colin.hinkle.em Posted at 2015-1-22 01:50
The ND filter was on for this flight. Do you know where I can buy a darker ND filter? I know the Ins ...

Yes they are more stiff. Go to a Photo shop
2015-1-21
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

I don't see any Jello, but I notice that on my older desktop it was choppy. Is that 4k? What kind of machine are you viewing it on? 95+ percent of machines can't view 4k, so it gets resized. On my newer HP laptop it looks quite smooth.

Nice video btw. Love Chicago.
2015-1-21
Use props
colin.hinkle.em
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I edited that on a new iMac 5K so handling the video is not problem. Maybe I will try switching out the bumpers
2015-1-21
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks pretty darn good except a dangerous place to fly if a problem came up.  Good job otherwise.
2015-1-21
Use props
neuroverse
lvl.1

United States

Can I ask what camera settings were used? Any post production here? Great shots!
2015-1-23
Use props
vincenzor1.emai
lvl.2

Canada

The jello effect is right at the 13 seconds of the video. I'm experiencing the same problem and don't know what causing it. Anybody?

http://youtu.be/8KEIvtiz_IU
2015-1-24
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

Origanl video post looked good. One above definitely has some issues. Good luck sorting it out.
2015-1-24
Use props
bigtedaviation.
New

Australia

original vid looks great. Altho, not very safe.
Im having issues aswell. All the footage im getting is just jerky and crap. The resolution looks ok, but my comp cant run it smoothly.. Just jerks and freezes. is this vision only playable on the latest spec high powered machines? pretty dissapointing if thats the case.
2015-1-24
Use props
larry.crim
lvl.2

United States

Colin your video looks better than mine I'm getting jello and jerky video also but I can see what you are saying, mine looks more like Vincenzor's video but a little worse, I expect better from a 3K bird with a 4K camera on it, I've tried the dampners and the ND filter helped a little but still not happy with it.  I'm going to contact DJI and see if there are any fixes out but don't expect much but it's a start.
2015-3-5
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

OK, So I have posted about this problem already. I sent mine in to DJI for repair because it continually got worse and to a point that I could not get anything useful from the inspire... The bird is on its way back to me now but here is what DJI told me.:

Your Inspire One has been repaired. The technician replaced the main controller
and calibrated the camera/gimbal assembly. He determined that the gimbal control
was not functioning properly in the main controller. Your unit was test flown
and is fully operational.
2015-3-5
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

Doesn't look too bad. You'll get some rolling shutter unfortunately as the supplied ND isn't strong enough to eliminate enough light to get even close to a 180 degree shutter on bright sunny days. Keep your S.S. down as low as possible (closer to double your frame rate as possible).

The poster who replied to you regarding strong ND filters, there aren't any available....yet (that I know of)

Tip, work on adjusting your horizon for  your shots. You've got a wicked lean in some of those. And as all the other posters said, be careful flying over peeps/cars etc.
2015-3-5
Use props
vincenzor1
lvl.2

Canada

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-3-5 23:44
OK, So I have posted about this problem already. I sent mine in to DJI for repair because it continu ...

So have you tested now that it's been repaired
2015-3-5
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

vincenzor1@gmai Posted at 2015-3-6 01:55
So have you tested now that it's been repaired

No, it is in transit.. as soon as I get it in and test it I will let you know.
2015-3-5
Use props
mark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176053 ft
United Kingdom

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-3-6 02:47
No, it is in transit.. as soon as I get it in and test it I will let you know.

Jello is caused by unbalanced props or the excessive free play in the arms.
2015-3-5
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mark@gray52.fsn Posted at 2015-3-6 04:05
Jello is caused by unbalanced props or the excessive free play in the arms.

Which is why in my post I continue to call it wobble not jello even tho everyone is determined to let me know that it is jello and can be fixed by filters.... this was not even close to true with my case. take the information I provided or don't... I am sick of the great jello debate.. When I first got my bird it did not have this issue... after 15 clean flights my gimbal started twitching, as soon as that happened all my video contained a horrible wobble. I could occasionally get clean shots flying backwards but that got worse also. my breaking point was when I could not even pull one minute of useable footage out of a 15 min flight. Maybe my case is different than what others are posting I don't know. I was just sharing my experience and the information that was provided to me by DJI.
2015-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules