Variable ND Filter for P4
1662 6 2016-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
videoguy
lvl.3
United States

Has anyone seen a variable ND filter that fits on the Phantom 4?
2016-6-9
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are a few of them out there, Any reason you prefer a variable over regular ND's?

The reason we don't make variable ND's is that they contain 2 glass elements, the less glass you shoot through the better the image quality will be. The 2 glass elements also cause variable ND's to weigh more.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Jeff
2016-6-9
Use props
videoguy
lvl.3
United States

With a variable I don't have to carry extra filters and have to keep unscrewing and screwing. Always afraid of cross threading them in the field.  I have large brightness changes here in the desert and mountains. They work great on the OSMO.....no sharpness issues. Have not seen one for the P4 yet.
2016-6-10
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United Kingdom

Ultimaxx do one, it is push on so no chance of cross threading.
2016-6-10
Use props
Vasek
lvl.2

Czechia

Bought one from aliexpress was heavier and moreless it was two polarized filters where according to the angle you reduce/increase the light. Now i am using the standard dji nd filters as the weight wont affect the gimpal servo.
2016-6-11
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

PolarPro Posted at 2016-6-10 08:33
There are a few of them out there, Any reason you prefer a variable over regular ND's?

The reason  ...

Hi Jeff,
Living here in Perth Australia we get massive amounts of bright sunlight in summer and not so bright in winter so I wonder what values would be the best to buy
2016-6-11
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

interceptorx5 Posted at 2016-6-11 17:10
Hi Jeff,
Living here in Perth Australia we get massive amounts of bright sunlight in summer and no ...

I personally use our ND8/PL and ND16/PL 90% of the time in California.

A good starter set would probably be ND8, ND16 , ND32 those ND's will cover a large range of conditions.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jeff
2016-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules