memory card slot
4574 28 2016-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208383 ft

memory card willnot click in slot tried 3 diffrent brands, it was working fine.
2016-6-10
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Hi Jack, have you tried to really push it in? If none worked then you might want to contact Dji. Best wishes.

Hans
2016-6-10
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3

yes it was working fine
2016-6-10
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

I had trouble with mine, I was pushing it in with my finger nail so as to make sure it was right in there and it would just come back out again. Tried pushing gently with my finger and it stays in fine now.
Softly softly, catchy monkey.
2016-6-10
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3

not happening!!
had to give it the mcdonalds coffie stirer wedge seems to stay, took 64g out put 8g in just in case it falls out
2016-6-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

A wedgie? Hahaha
Ah, how elementary school. ;-)

What ever works. Hope it stays put.

RedHotPoker

2016-6-10
Use props
KeithS
lvl.2

Australia

I recently had the same issue, had to send it into DJI for repair unfortunately.
2016-6-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Jack, I'd suggest you to get in touch with our tech support via support@dji.com and send it to our service center for fixing.
2016-6-11
Use props
Iiikabiii
lvl.1

United States

I seen a small clip on ebay for broken sd card slots on the phantom. Only cost a few bucks, cheaper than paying shipping on a repair
2016-6-12
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3

well it's on it's way to  californie !!!! will update
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

caseyneistat Posted at 2016-6-13 07:13
yep definitely looks like a manufacturing issue. good luck getting it fixed!

I've seen this happen a few times and it was due to the Sd card being installed upside down where it bent the tab inside the card slot. It may very well indeed have been that way since new but I would not call it a manufacturing defect  as thousands of Phanton 4's have been sold and I've only heard of this case a few times.
2016-6-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

JACKODOG-ANDROI Posted at 2016-6-17 12:12
well it's on it's way to  californie !!!! will update

Sorry you had to send it in, it will be fixed in no time and you will be back up the air  soon.
2016-6-17
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3

thanks DJI-Ken
2016-6-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

"I'm so glad..." It's a good thing you sent it in, opposed to tape, wedges and worry.
I can understand your frustration. But with thousands of Phantoms being assembled and sold, there is Bound to be a faulty piece or part,
somewhere along the production lines. Anyway, now it's time to play, "The Waiting Game"
Please share your happiness and results when it returns back to you? Thanks

RedHotPoker
2016-6-17
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
United States

i just blew the dust off f550, i needed a break from all the p4 stuff
i forgot how much fun i had flying 6.9lbs around
2016-6-19
Use props
wallydobbs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101893 ft
United States

I had a problem at first then I looked at imprint just to the left of the slot, you have to put it upside down. Wally
2016-6-19
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3

i have 20 plus flights on the ph4 i remove card after every flight to dn-load vid, i wasnt putting the card in wrong, thanks.
2016-6-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

"It won't be long now." Said the rabbi... Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2016-6-20
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3

wont be there till tues
2016-6-20
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3

well iis fri good news
Payment Status Free Of Charge
Confirm payment time 2016/06/25 08:31:29
Courier Service
Tracking No.
Received 2016/6/23 16:37:32Repair cost assessed and quoted 2016/6/24 11:30:49
might have back for 4th of july !!!
2016-6-24
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3

i got ph4 back on 7-5-16 smooth as glass!!!
i did the hdmi mod and dbsmod while wating
2016-7-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Happy Jack, good to hear, it seems like only yesterday, to me...
Turn around time with @DJI has really improved over the last few months. ;-)

Thanks for the update, and happy flying... Now go Enjoy your drone like it was meant to be.
Post some pics or video from your area, of the mighty spinning globe. Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2016-7-11
Use props
johnbowen57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115082 ft

JACKODOG-ANDROI Posted at 2016-6-20 00:11
i just blew the dust off f550, i needed a break from all the p4 stuff
i forgot how much fun i had fl ...

. I too have a 550.   Last december I upgraded to new motors (315 I think).
Has lightbridge 1, an expensive Futaba 14SG  controller,  zenmuse 4 gimbal, best GoPro.   Probably have 800 dollars in batteries for it.

It is sitting collecting dust after I got my phantom 4.      

DJI screwed all of us beta testers with lightbridge 1.   Never fully developed iOS app.  Never released updates, had to keep dedicated iPad on old iOS version just so buggy, never properly developed app would work mostly.   

Before that I had a phantom 2 vision, which had a terrible gimbal and camera.   I spent too much money on that thing, changing, modifying antennas, motors, transmitters, 3rd party gimbals, etc.   

You would  think  DJI would have some sort of buyer loyalty program for all the money I've spent in drones.   I swear easily 8-10K since 2013.

At least the phantom 4 is a 'finished product".  Sort of like buying a MacBook or building your own PC.
2016-7-13
Use props
babsoft
New

Norway

I have the same problem. Tried many types of memory cards, same result. going straight back out. (and of course the right way in)
Just have to return it I guess.
2016-9-15
Use props
fansa27345f9
New

United States

So I am having the same problem with new phantom 3 standard. I send it in for repair (this is within 30 days of purchase). I see that they recieved and started the repair process - which is free of charge for me. On the DJI service quotation it shows: Phantom 3 standard lens board and repair cost (which is covered by the warranty I guess). I just want to make sure they fix the actual problem I send the drone in!? Can one of you guys check your email with service quotation and see what it says? Worried they will fix some other issue that wasn't even known to me and will leave the broken micro sd card slot when sending back to me. Its taking over 2 weeks right now. Shipping took a whole damn week from east cost.
2017-1-5
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
United States

fansa27345f9 Posted at 2017-1-5 10:15
So I am having the same problem with new phantom 3 standard. I send it in for repair (this is within 30 days of purchase). I see that they recieved and started the repair process - which is free of charge for me. On the DJI service quotation it shows: Phantom 3 standard lens board and repair cost (which is covered by the warranty I guess). I just want to make sure they fix the actual problem I send the drone in!? Can one of you guys check your email with service quotation and see what it says? Worried they will fix some other issue that wasn't even known to me and will leave the broken micro sd card slot when sending back to me. Its taking over 2 weeks right now. Shipping took a whole damn week from east cost.

i had the p4 they replaced the whole gimbal free of charge
2017-1-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

So you did have it repaired and returned already. Good stuff. Look out below...

Thanks for reporting back. And in a timely fashion too, no doubt!! Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2017-1-5
Use props
Cizeta1
New
Netherlands

Unfortunately, my Phantom 4 has the same problem. I bought it 2 weeks ago. Obviously, the SD slot is a bad part..... I would'n like to miss the drone during several weeks, since I am the owner just since 2 weeks....
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules