Renaming Waypoints & Follow me
3305 11 2016-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Smithypn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 596079 ft
United Kingdom

Couple of questions on the DJI Go App. (1) Is there a way to rename saved waypoints? (2) I cannot get the 'follow me' to work, am I missing something or does it just not work? Am flying a PH3 Pro if that is of any use.
2016-6-10
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Smithy,

As far as I have been able to experience, you get 3 missions at a time and any new mission will replace the oldest mission.  I could not see a way to save missions or name them, but that does not mean it cannot be done!

For Follow Me, if you are using an Android device, besides activating the GPS (location), I had to enable the device to communicate with nearby devices.  The option is on the first page of the settings folder (at the bottom).  An icon will display on the left side of the status bar when activated.  After that, it worked like a champ!  I also have a P3P.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-6-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Smith, the routines could not be renamed but you can save it into the collection.The FM mode requires strong GPS signal of your mobile device so please try different mobile devices and test it in some open areas.
2016-6-11
Use props
Smithypn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 596079 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for comments - much appreciated. I am using an iPad mini tethered to and iPhone for 4G connection so that could be the issue with FM mode. Would love to be able to rename waypoint routes and save them for re-flying at a later date, e.g. golf holes and the development of a construction site over time.
2016-6-11
Use props
Nicola90s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Italy

Smithypn Posted at 2016-6-12 08:57
Thanks for comments - much appreciated. I am using an iPad mini tethered to and iPhone for 4G connec ...

Hi Smithypn!

Is your iPad only wi-fi? Because if it is only wi-fi it don't have the GPS module.
2016-6-11
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

The Follow Me function has quite high GPS requirement.

You might try different devices to see which one works best. Actually some people have to buy external GPS devices blue-toothed to the phone for this function to work.
2016-6-12
Use props
richard00
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235282 ft
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-12 12:07
Hello Smith, the routines could not be renamed but you can save it into the collection.The FM mode r ...

Can you say more about "save it into the collection."

So far, it appears that the "collection" is only the last three missions. I want to set up missions for each of 18 golf holes, then fly them with the lighting and foliage is perfect.
2016-7-2
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

richard00 Posted at 2016-7-3 01:13
Can you say more about "save it into the collection."

So far, it appears that the "collection" is ...

You can light up the star on top right of the mission box in waypoint mode.
2016-7-3
Use props
richard00
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235282 ft
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-4 09:50
You can light up the star on top right of the mission box in waypoint mode.

Looking for that star on the waypoints screen. Here's what I see:

2016-7-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

richard00 Posted at 2016-7-5 23:47
Looking for that star on the waypoints screen. Here's what I see:

Hello Richard, you need to load an old mission or create a new mission at first.
2016-7-6
Use props
fansa53d3b4d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11729 ft
United States

Is there any update on this issue:  renaming of saved missions and the total number of missions that can be saved.  Looked for how 'Collections' worked but can't find any information.  My envisioned project would require that I fly to the same gps coordinates and altitude over an extended period of time.  There would a dozen or more of these coordinates that I would like to fly to periodically.
2017-4-29
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 224577 ft
United States

DJI GO's waypoint feature is very good, but has a fairly limited feature set.

For more advanced features (naming and editing waypoints, waypoint missions with greater distance from controller), you might try looking at third-party software such as Autopilot or Litchi. I ran into similar limitations as you and have been very happy with Autopilot.
2017-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules