Chalk Horse & Locks
722 4 2016-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ploy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,

Here's a video of the millennium white horse and Caen hill locks located in the county of Wiltshire, UK.

The horse was built in 2000 to commemorate the year. It also replaced one which had disappeared from the hillside in 1922. The locks were the final stage of an 87 mile canal route and from what resources i have found were built around the 1800's.

2016-6-10
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Ploy,

Nice video.  Who is the singer?  The locks are very interesting.  I like the rest areas provided that allowed others to pass.  Mahalo for the background information.

The White Horse, was it created in the same location as the original?  I seem to recall the White Horse from Art History class which was way earlier than 2000!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-6-11
Use props
gioffa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 260381 ft
Italy

Nice ! Great movie
2016-6-11
Use props
Ricky Wu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1360719 ft
Hong Kong

Good job
love your work
2016-6-16
Use props
Ploy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Cetaman Posted at 2016-6-11 09:16
Aloha Ploy,

Nice video.  Who is the singer?  The locks are very interesting.  I like the rest  ...

Hi Cetaman,

Sorry for the delay in responding to you and thank you for your comments.

The girl is part of a band named: This mortal coil and the song is song to the siren. I heard it in a movie called lovely bones. Excellent movie based on a book.

There are many white horses over the UK's countryside some date back to the 15th and 16th century. The one in the video actually replaced one that vanished into the hillside centuries ago!
2016-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules