9539 58 2016-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

steven.cloke Posted at 2016-6-22 13:36
I think so, yes, but not just horizontal movement but vertical too.

So you could, for example, p ...

I'll put some thought to this one.  May not be the next update but likely the one after
2016-6-22
Use props
steven.cloke
lvl.1

United Kingdom

kenargo Posted at 2016-6-22 22:08
I'll put some thought to this one.  May not be the next update but likely the one after

That would be brilliant, thank you ☺
2016-6-22
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Terminology question:

* What should I call the setting that controls if the gimbal pitches first or yaws first?  I'm referring to the mode where the gimbal currently takes all photos in 1 row before moving to the next vs the new mode where the gimbal shoots each vertical column before moving to the next.
2016-6-22
Use props
andre
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Keep it simple, "Row First" and "Columns First" would work for me.

And an option to snap one single shot at the end manually (by physically pointing the lens straight down, with no support visible in the picture) might help the folks who want a complete sphere?

Andre
2016-6-22
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

andre@cix.co.uk Posted at 2016-6-22 15:52
Keep it simple, "Row First" and "Columns First" would work for me.

And an option to snap one single ...

I just uploaded a new version.  I'm going to leave it in the beta release for a few days to allow for people to beat on it a bit.

To gain access to the beta use the link:  OSMO 360 Beta Access

Included is the capability to shoot column first.  Also added is the ability pause between columns.  When checked the gimbal will rotate to the column allowing the user to see the direction of the shot and then the user will be presented a dialog.  When the shot is clear press "yes", or "cancel" to stop the operation.

Let me know if you find any issues; I only have 1 battery (they are backordered) so testing is very slow here.
2016-6-22
Use props
steven.cloke
lvl.1

United Kingdom

If i set the Osmo to shoot other than single frame, so AEB or HDR should this work when shooting a panorama? Just set mine to shoot AEB5 but it only took one exposure each time, with the Beta version. If it's only single frame then AEB or HDR would be a great feature to add.

Thanks for the great software and awesome support, well worth getting the app.
2016-6-24
Use props
steven.cloke
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Quick bug report. After using the beta version closing and going into apps to force close, so making sure it wasn't running. In the DJI GO app the exposure point was set to the top right corner and wouldn't move. Resetting the camera in the DJI Go apps setting fixed it. This was a repeatable problem, that I don't remember happening on the previous release.

For complete ness I've tried again making sure the DJI Go app is not running. I'm able to go back into 360 Panorama and move the exposure point, but once back it the DJI Go app its back to the top right corner and won't move. Back into Pano and I can move it. Have to reset camera in DJI app to allow me to move it in that app.

Hope this helps
UPDATE:

Restarted my Nexus 7, pulled the battery in the osmo and initials test show this problem isn't happening anymore, so could be something other than the app. Out shooting Panos this evening so will update again tomorrow.
2016-6-24
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

steven.cloke Posted at 2016-6-24 04:11
If i set the Osmo to shoot other than single frame, so AEB or HDR should this work when shooting a p ...

I looked at the code and it should be shooting in the AEB and HDR mode (assuming the OSMO supports the modes; I haven't checked the later but the SDK says it does).

I'm pretty sure the camera merges the images into a single one (at least that is what the aircraft cameras do but I'll do more checking and see what I can find out.

Not being a photo person I'm at a lax for being able to tell
2016-6-24
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

steven.cloke Posted at 2016-6-24 04:49
Quick bug report. After using the beta version closing and going into apps to force close, so making ...

When this happened, had you set the exposure point in the OSMO 360 app?  I suspect it's a setting that I'm using based on the SDK docs that the GO app doesn't change.  Maybe metering mode (because that is set to point in order to allow an exposure point to be set).
2016-6-24
Use props
steven.cloke
lvl.1

United Kingdom

kenargo Posted at 2016-6-24 19:20
I looked at the code and it should be shooting in the AEB and HDR mode (assuming the OSMO supports ...

I'll give it another go, but in AEB5 and using just the shutter button, it shoots five images, in panorama mode it only shoots one.
2016-6-24
Use props
steven.cloke
lvl.1

United Kingdom

kenargo Posted at 2016-6-24 19:22
When this happened, had you set the exposure point in the OSMO 360 app?  I suspect it's a setting  ...

Yes I set the exposure point in OSMO 360 Pano
2016-6-24
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I've just posted an update to the app.  In the update I expose a gimbal settle time which I found can be set as low as 1 second (the prior built-in time was 3 seconds).  This time is used to allow the gimbal to settle following a movement and if 1 second works in most cases the time to take panorama's will be much faster with the new setting.

Version 1.07 includes this change
2016-7-7
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A new update has just been uploaded.

Included in this new version is the ability to take panorama shots of any percentage or arc.  You can set the degrees of camera rotation to begin and end the panorama as well as the gimbal angles and shots per row.

You can also shot panorama's using a column-first operation, which makes shooting panoramas in environments which may have traffic much easier.

Enjoy, the new version should be available within a few hours but you can see the new features by reviewing the documentation here:  http://www.osmo360.com/images/OSMO%20360.pdf
2016-7-26
Use props
SalmanM
New

Oman

Hi,
I purchased the app about two weeks ago and I have been playing with it a lot since then. I have noticed that it is very often when I start up a sequence, some photos will be missing in the end. Most of the time, however the sequence is setup, I will end up with few photos lost. Even though I can see the camera stopping at every required point to take the photo.
I kept the camera settle time set to 2 seconds, but still I keep ending up with missing shots from the sequence. Currently, what I do is, I run the sequence again, 2 or 3 times, without changing any settings, and hopefully I will end up with one full set of shots.
Besides, the UI of the app is pretty bad.
Other than that, you can create pretty great Panoramas using this app, and of course with the help of some stitching software
Keep up the good work, kenargo.

PS: +1 for Motion Time-Lapse.
2016-8-15
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SalmanM Posted at 2016-8-15 03:35
Hi,
I purchased the app about two weeks ago and I have been playing with it a lot since then. I have ...

I've found that 2 seconds is really minimal time or the firmware of the camera reports busy and shots are missed.  I updated the app last evening to make 2 seconds the min time (which helps) and I'll be adding retry logic to take a photo again when the SDK/firmware fails for reasons like busy.
2016-8-20
Use props
sardonix
lvl.2

Russia

Does it support OSMO+ ?
2017-1-21
Use props
Antho74
New

France

sardonix Posted at 2017-1-21 00:04
Does it support OSMO+ ?

Doens't work for me and my Osmo+ :-/
2017-1-28
Use props
ahojman
lvl.2
  • >>>
Argentina

Not working with Osmo Pro
2018-1-11
Use props
Macreo
lvl.2

Canada

No updates for OM2 and Note 8 compatibility?
2018-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules