Phantom 2 Unstable and fly away with Feyu-tech Gimbal
1160 2 2016-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jpearson
New

United Kingdom

Hi im new to this forum but hopeing somone can help. I got a Feyu-tech mini 3D pro gimbal for Christmas. When I fly the Phantom 2 with the Gimabl and my Go pro The Quadcopter just feels un flyable like its unbalanced. I messed around with this so much but cnat figure it out. The Phntom is in standard mode with both S1 and S2  switches in the top positions. The gimbal is powerd on and looks balanced. I can fly the Phamton but its very had and cant do much more than hover as it feels like its going to crsh as soon as you go forward back etc. What really brough this to light was as I was hovering with small movements trying to figure out what was going on the baterry went flat so it went into RTH mode about 30 ft from where i took of. it went straight up and looked preety stable until it the tuned 90 degrees and flew off at a rate of knots and a s teep angle and crashed. Luckly I was lucky with the damage i just dont get whats gong on.Without the gimbal the Phantome flys fine and you can fling it around and its so stable its almost impssible to carsh.
I belive the Feiyu-tech supposed to be compatable with the phantom so dont get it. The only thing I can think off is the Gimbal magnets are 2 strong and effecting all the DJI technology and compass. Is this Possible? and would this casue the unstablenesss and the random fly away.

Many thanks

JP
2016-6-10
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Well if it is fine without the gimbal then it must be something about the Feiyu-tech gimbal that upsets the Phantom.
I suspect its a centre of gravity issue.
Some photos of your set up would help.
Go-Pro Wi-Fi on ?
Extra hardware for FPV added ?
2016-6-11
Use props
jpearson
New

United Kingdom

Hi thanks for your reply no took all my fpv gear off and everything looks balanced just doesn't fly that way .im just in phantom mode so think it's messing up the compass . Just waiting for some new props then send some images although should be able toil load my video of when my battery died and it flew off and crashed .Go pro is attached but wireless turned off no FPV at this point as need to fix the stability issues first
2016-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules