Osmo Fan wont turn off
2893 13 2016-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gary68
New

Australia

Upon receiving the Osmo it asked to update the firmware which I did and after about 20min it said the update failed (at around 97%) and it wont allow me to try again, according to the settings in the app the firmware is on there. (Version 1.6.2.10) so not sure if its all there??
My problem is the fan just seems to run all the time no matter if I'm recording or not which is draining the battery.

Am I missing something? Any suggestions?

2016-6-10
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi,can you turn the fan of in the app? or try removing the battery and reinstalled it, (or another battery to try) then see if it all functions correctly, then check if the latest FW version is there
2016-6-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello, gary68
In the latest firmware v1.6.2.10, you can turn on/off the fan in the Camera icon->Audio Control->Mute Fan.
In case the latest firmware hasn't been installed correctly, please download the firmware assistant software in the official website (http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads) and extract the bin file to the SD card and upgrade the firmware again by following the steps in the guideline: "How to Update Firmware (OSMO)"

Above is only for X3 camera with the Osmo handle. If your camera is not the X3 camera, please let me know.
For any issue, please contact us freely.
Thanks.
2016-6-12
Use props
gary68
New

Australia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-12 17:03
Hello, gary68
In the latest firmware v1.6.2.10, you can turn on/off the fan in the Camera icon->Audi ...

Thanks for the response, will give this a try.
2016-6-13
Use props
gary68
New

Australia

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-6-12 09:59
Hi,can you turn the fan of in the app? or try removing the battery and reinstalled it, (or another b ...

Changing the battery did nothing for me unfortunately.  
2016-6-13
Use props
gary68
New

Australia

Hello, gary68
In the latest firmware v1.6.2.10, you can turn on/off the fan in the Camera icon->Audi ...

I tried to mute the fan but the fan won't turn off at all

When upgrading the firmware does the fan normally run?
2016-6-13
Use props
Chicago DP
lvl.2

United States

I have found that I have to reset the fan to be OFF every time I power up and down. Also, the camera gets very hot when the fan is off and that concerns me, I don't want to burn it out. Since the audio from the Osmo sucks and is only useful as a scratch track, I might as well leave it on.
2016-6-13
Use props
gary68
New

Australia

Hello, gary68

The Osmo won't update the firmware as it running the latest version. Is there a way to uninstall firmware or downgrade firmware then reinstall the latest version again?

The fan is just constantly on and the app has no control over the fan function.

Isn't the fan suppose to turn off when your recording?

2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

gary68 Posted at 2016-6-14 08:28
The Osmo won't update the firmware as it running the latest version. Is there a way to uninstall fi ...

Hi Gary68,
You're right, if the firmware is already the latest one, your attempt to upgrade the firmware will be aborted.
The "Mute Fan" function only works in recording, normally, the fan would always on, but if you toggle on the "Mute Fan" item, when you start to recording, the fan will stop automatically.

Thanks.
2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Chicago DP Posted at 2016-6-13 21:11
I have found that I have to reset the fan to be OFF every time I power up and down. Also, the camera ...

Hi Chicago DP,
As I tested, the Osmo can remember its last settings, if you toggle off the "Mute Fan", next time, when you power circle the Osmo, the "mute Fan" will stay being toggled off.
Am I misunderstanding your statement?

Thanks.
2016-6-13
Use props
fansc680e39f
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-12 01:03
Hello, gary68
In the latest firmware v1.6.2.10, you can turn on/off the fan in the Camera icon->Audio Control->Mute Fan.
In case the latest firmware hasn't been installed correctly, please download the firmware assistant software in the official website (http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads) and extract the bin file to the SD card and upgrade the firmware again by following the steps in the guideline: "How to Update Firmware (OSMO)"

I would go further in that the camera icon that needs to be gone into is on the right of the your front screen above the gimbal icon where you will then find Audio, then under that Mute Fan button. In settings is not the place to go to control audio where it says Camera, Gimbal, General.
2017-5-16
Use props
fansc680e39f
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Go to Camera Icon on front screen in there you must go down to audio and in there you will find a switch to Mute Fan
2017-5-16
Use props
fansc680e39f
lvl.1
United Kingdom

gary68 Posted at 2016-6-13 01:12
I tried to mute the fan but the fan won't turn off at all

When upgrading the firmware does the fan normally run?

The camera should be off during upgrade and the gimbal parked up to off positions.
2017-5-16
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

Even if the fan is off, and you most probably will not be satisfied with audio recording. Use an external recorder and you will far more happy. Look into solution like using a zoom h1,or similar. If the fan is turned off, you always are running the risk of over heating.
2017-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules