1206 8 2016-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZeeKeezer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13970 ft
United States

Hi Guys,

I was thinking about purcashing the DJI Carbon Fiber Propellers on Amazon (here).  My question to you is, does this actually increase the difference in the bird itself? any noticable improvements? worth buying?

I appreciate your comments.

2016-6-11
Use props
kdcox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1386588 ft

I bought them simply because IMO they look pretty cool lol.  That being said, I believe they do make the bird a *little* more crisp in its response to control inputs, which  I suppose could be a negative for those who are picky about nice slow video movements (I just go easy on the sticks while filming, but can race around in atti mode for a little thrill)
2016-6-11
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

I have them & didn't notice any difference at all.  Better off putting the money towards another battery IMO, as you'll definitely see improvements that way.
2016-6-11
Use props
timjd3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 531217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it's mostly cosmetic.    I also think the plastic ones will absorb some impacts with a bit more flexibility - the blades may be dinged, but you could still finish your flights.   I had a ground impact on the carbon fiber ones once and they SHATTERED.    This is anecdotal though - the plastic ones in the same situation may have done the same thing (but I don't think so).
2016-6-11
Use props
bluegrassaudio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18196 ft
United States

I also bought these props, my p3 seems more responsive than with the original plastic ones.  They do look the part and was a good purchase for me.
2016-6-13
Use props
RangerOne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2331132 ft
United States

I have two sets of DJI CF props, but have not flown either yet and thus cannot comment on their flight performance.  The reason I have not flown them is because both sets, ordered at different times, are badly out of both alignment and balance.  The alignment is especially surprising; the tips are ~2-4mm out of track as I spin them on my DuBro prop balancer and you can even see how the hub wobbles!  The stock plastic props, in comparison, are very well-balanced and track very well.

I have never crashed my P3P yet, so I cannot comment on their impact resistance.  While both props can break on impact, the CF props will be considerably more brittle.  That's enough to make me nervous even if they were in balance/alignment.  In retrospect, I'm very disappointed in these CF props and wouldn't recommend them.

So far, my plastic props are great.  I'm still on the original set and I've had the bird several months with 120 flights and nearly 1 million feet of travel.
2016-6-26
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

No, there's barely any difference. DJI's engineers have tested it thoroughly, and if there's a noticeable bump to performance, they will put carbon propellers in default, even with the minor increase in cost.
2016-6-26
Use props
thorsten.yachtc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Why there are no 4-blade-props?

Thermal problems... I don't think so. The airplane will be less noisy, more stabilised.
2016-6-29
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

I'm considering these props simply because they match my new black carbon fiber skin that I put on my Phantom 3.     I have to say that I wish they had black plastic props because somehow I feel like the plastic ones are more forgiving after hearing about shattering.     
2016-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules