Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Inspire 1 v2 won't work!
1336 10 2016-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dpsurveys
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Worked on iphone 6. Then connected ipad mini 4. App says aircraft connected and I can see battery charge and home position. Nothing else works. Settings says gimbal not connected but that wouldn't prevent legs from lifting. Have reloaded firmware - I think- and have cleaned gimbal contacts. Neither iphone or ipad working. Retailer can't help but offered to exchange. Emailed dji helpline but no help. Any ideas please?
2016-6-11
Use props
gabe_zschach83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

Hello dpsurveys,
   Is this a brand new Inspire 1 v2?  When you describe the legs not lifting, are you talking about coming out of travel mode?  If so, you should have updated the firmware on the drone first before updating the controller.  I can tell you how to fix it if this is the case.

Thank You,
Gabe
2016-6-11
Use props
bhumme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 92615 ft
United States

gabe_zschach83 Posted at 2016-6-11 22:17
Hello dpsurveys,
   Is this a brand new Inspire 1 v2?  When you describe the legs not lifting, are y ...

Im having the same issue, how do you fix this? I did the update on the controller first then the drone but the drone doesnt seem to be taking the update.
2016-6-11
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

Hi Bhumme,
   You need to downgrade your controller firmware.  You always update the drone firmware first before updating the controller firmware.  To do this, only power on your controller with you phone attached.  Open the App, press and hold the little graduation cap in the top right corner for about 10 seconds and release.  You will get a black screen with an older firmware version to download.  Download and install that.  After you are done, check for drone operation.  Do not re-update the controller firmware.  Then, update your drone firmware.  After that, then you can update your controller firmware.
2016-6-11
Use props
dpsurveys
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you. Yes the Inspire is brand new. I meant the legs don't come out of travel mode.

I will try the updates as you suggest. The app does not appear quite the same as all the examples on you tube etc because it is so new - I assume!
2016-6-11
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

bhumme@comcast. Posted at 2016-6-11 22:37
Im having the same issue, how do you fix this? I did the update on the controller first then the d ...

You should always read the release notes that come with any firmware update.  The last note clearly stated that the aircraft must be updated first.  Updating the remote first has caused the problem you have.
2016-6-12
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

bhumme@comcast. Posted at 2016-6-11 21:37
Im having the same issue, how do you fix this? I did the update on the controller first then the d ...

Are you square now or do you need help ?

donnie
2016-6-12
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

dpsurveys Posted at 2016-6-12 01:33
Thank you. Yes the Inspire is brand new. I meant the legs don't come out of travel mode.

I will try ...

Are you good now ?  Or do you need more help ?

donnie
2016-6-12
Use props
dpsurveys
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Big thanks to all

It has sprung into life and all seems to be working again. I haven't seen where it says the order to update controller and aircraft but you have solved it anyway.

Thanks again. I hope bhumme can solve it. It is not quick and you need to be methodical.
2016-6-12
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

dpsurveys Posted at 2016-6-12 16:15
Big thanks to all

It has sprung into life and all seems to be working again. I haven't seen where i ...

Glad the forum was able to help you , be sure to read my updates page , I wrote it for my Phantom 3 pro but the Inspire's follow the same rules.  Only take 5 min. tops to read and may save you from future misery.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

donnie
2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

bhumme@comcast. Posted at 2016-6-12 10:37

Are you still having issues? Were you able to follow GabeZ's advice?
2016-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules