Battery hung at 100%
821 8 2016-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179974 ft
United States

Just a heads up.  I bought a new battery at Best Buy the other day. No brought it home, charged it and head d out for a test flight...  After a few minutes of flight I noticed it was still at 100% not was the voltage dropping.  I immediately brought my craft in.  The battery check even continued to indicate 100%.  

I brought in in and turned the phantom on and let it set and slowly drain the battery.  After a few hours I turned it off and back on and it indicated around 50-75% and dji go app indicated 68%.  Recharged and flew a 2nd time and the battery performed normal.

Just something to look for when flying on a new battery.
2016-6-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

It seems quite strange. Does this battery work normally in recent flights?
2016-6-12
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Seems like a blip.  Just keep an eye on it and return it if it happens again.
2016-6-12
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try and cycle the battery a couple of times, remove the props and leave the P4 running drain the battery and then charge the battery again might help doing a full cycle  as its a new battery
2016-6-12
Use props
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Paladin,

The battery was brand new and the anomaly occurred after the first charge to capacity and then used for flight.  Once I noticed it wasn't moving off 100%, I immediately landed and brought the battery in and continued to allow it to discharge by leaving the Phantom turned on and sitting idle.  After discharge and power cycling the battery, it started to operate properly.

I've performed several charge/flight cycles and the battery is working without any issues.  As huntcool001 suggested, it may have been just a blip.  

I'll continue to watch it...  but I think it's good.  I thought this would also be worth mentioning to bring awareness to everyone.  It's just good advice to check and ensure the battery charge/voltage is reporting properly before you go out flying a long distance and then realize you have no idea what the battery voltage is or how much capacity you have left.
2016-6-12
Use props
donsio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68104 ft
Philippines

Thanks for the heads up Crimson, I'm about to purchase a third battery in HK. BTW, I gave up trying to calibrate the VPS on my desktop, i'll always have my laptop anyways. Cheers!
2016-6-12
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

donsio Posted at 2016-6-13 14:10
Thanks for the heads up Crimson, I'm about to purchase a third battery in HK. BTW, I gave up trying  ...

May I ask why you purchased the battery in Hong Kong? Because of the sales tax in US?   I saw their listing price almost identical after currency conversion
2016-6-12
Use props
donsio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68104 ft
Philippines

Hi, I haven't bought one yet, going there next week.
2016-6-13
Use props
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
United States

donsio Posted at 2016-6-13 01:10
Thanks for the heads up Crimson, I'm about to purchase a third battery in HK. BTW, I gave up trying  ...

The assistant 2 has been updated...  I updated to latest version and tried it again... failure on my desktop..  I too seem to be destined to use the laptop for VPS calibration.
2016-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules