help
1075 20 2016-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Concor
lvl.1

United States

I have a little problem with the quality of my videos. every time I record a video and i go to play it back on my phone it plays back some what in a high quality, but when I pull the video from the drone/memory card the image pauses and skips sections of the clip. does any one else have this problem and if so is there a way to solve it. I have a phantom 3 advance and the settings for the highest quality. I want to load the clip to my Mac but is so shity is not worth having it save.
2016-6-11
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is the playback bad when you copy to the hard drive and play from there .. or are you just plauing direct from the SD card?
2016-6-11
Use props
Concor
lvl.1

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-6-11 22:16
Is the playback bad when you copy to the hard drive and play from there .. or are you just plauing d ...

both. playing from the SD card. and playing it after downloading it to hard drive. nothing changer after transfering it to the mac.
2016-6-12
Use props
Concor
lvl.1

United States

this is a clip from the video on my phone before loading from SD.

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... 5-976f-7a793793fc4b
2016-6-12
Use props
Concor
lvl.1

United States

this is the download I got from drone to mac

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... 0-8951-a637484ec90d
2016-6-12
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I saw them both and both are smooth... With this difference that the ''phone'' version has less quality. I don't think its a file/video issue here
2016-6-12
Use props
Concor
lvl.1

United States

Ok it seems that it is my laptop the one that can't process the video fast enough. I had to set the clip up to be able to share it. after I uploaded it, it played perfectly fine, even though when I play it from my videos it is still skipping. sorry about that and thanks for caring.
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Concor, could you please uploade an original video flie to dropbox and post the link here? Do you try to play back the original video files in different computers with different players like VLCPlayer?
2016-6-12
Use props
tytlyf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72867 ft

Concor Posted at 2016-6-12 19:04
Ok it seems that it is my laptop the one that can't process the video fast enough. I had to set the  ...

That would make sense.  What are the specs on the laptop?  Processor, memory, vid card?
2016-6-12
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer

PC's and laptops are usually the culprit when getting choppy video when the original file seems fine. Especially when shot at a high resolution and frame rate. Another possibility might be that you're flying over public housing, buildings, streets, cars, bicyclists, and pedestrians. Maybe if you flew out in the country where the odds of someone getting hurt or possibly killed is almost nil you'll have better luck. I'm really not trying to dog you, just a friendly reminder. I used to fly around my neighborhood until one of my motors froze and if not for sheer luck and a tree branch, it might have seriously injured several people. One of them me. I think it's called Karma. Certainly a lesson learned for me. Hope you'll give it some thought.

Barney
2016-6-12
Use props
Concor
lvl.1

United States

Crio Posted at 2016-6-12 05:59
I saw them both and both are smooth... With this difference that the ''phone'' version has less qual ...

yeah, I don't get it. for some reason the file doesn't play right on my laptop or my phone. I had to set up that pice of clip on iMovie and it still doesn't play right on the lap. but the upload plays smooth as hell.
2016-6-12
Use props
Concor
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-12 06:10
Hello Concor, could you please uploade an original video flie to dropbox and post the link here? Do  ...

I try uploading the original clip to skypixel but its 9 minutes long, I don't have dropbox but I will try to upload it to OneDrive hope that's ok if not I will set up an acout on dropbox and share it.
2016-6-12
Use props
tytlyf
lvl.2

Concor Posted at 2016-6-13 02:00
yeah, I don't get it. for some reason the file doesn't play right on my laptop or my phone. I had  ...

Maybe try recording video with the other format.  Try changing it and seeing if your devices act differently.  (.mp4 vs .mov)
2016-6-12
Use props
Concor
lvl.1

United States

tytlyf Posted at 2016-6-12 10:41
That would make sense.  What are the specs on the laptop?  Processor, memory, vid card?

processor 2.26GHz intel core 2 duo, Memory 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB. I'm guessing that's what you are asking for.
2016-6-12
Use props
Concor
lvl.1

United States

Barney Rubbel Posted at 2016-6-12 11:00
PC's and laptops are usually the culprit when getting choppy video when the original file seems fine ...

thanks for the advice. I haven't really fly my drone as much as I wish I had. had it for about 6 months and I have 1 hour and 20 minutes of fly time on it. as you can see I haven't had that much experience on it so I never even thought about it dropping down.I will take your advice in consideration.
2016-6-12
Use props
tytlyf
lvl.2

Concor Posted at 2016-6-13 02:08
processor 2.26GHz intel core 2 duo, Memory 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB ...

Ya, that's about 7 year old tech.  Try changing the file type to the other option also.  (mp4 vs .mov).  Your memory is good, but this is more likely to do with your graphics processor (onboard).
2016-6-12
Use props
Concor
lvl.1

United States

tytlyf Posted at 2016-6-12 13:07
Maybe try recording video with the other format.  Try changing it and seeing if your devices act d ...

I will try that. thank's for the advice. I have been using mov.
2016-6-12
Use props
Concor
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-12 06:10
Hello Concor, could you please uploade an original video flie to dropbox and post the link here? Do  ...

Ok here is a link to the raw video. I have seen it and it's a lot better than what I see in directly from my hard drive. I only have one computer "Macbook Pro" so no I have not try a different player besides quick time player and iMovie.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir? ... ;ithint=video%2cMOV
2016-6-12
Use props
Concor
lvl.1

United States

tytlyf Posted at 2016-6-12 13:27
Ya, that's about 7 year old tech.  Try changing the file type to the other option also.  (mp4 vs . ...

thanks for the tip. I will do that next time.
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Concor Posted at 2016-6-13 08:27
Ok here is a link to the raw video. I have seen it and it's a lot better than what I see in direct ...

Thanks for your feedback,Concor.It is a pity that I could not open the link for some reasons but the skypixel video works well in my PC. As the content in #16, it would be better to play back the video in computers with higher performance. Also, you can lower the resolution to record next time like 1080P.
2016-6-12
Use props
tytlyf
lvl.2

Concor Posted at 2016-6-13 08:31
thanks for the tip. I will do that next time.

The file type may or may not be the problem with your slower computer.  Not sure if older tech views one format better than the other.  Video played fine on my computer.  Good luck with the search.
2016-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules