Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-M - Calibrate Centre / Pan Axis
6330 9 2016-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pbt04
lvl.1

Ghana

Hello,

After auto tuning stability, I'm finding that the Ronin-M is sometimes off-centre on the Pan axis, maybe like 5-10 degrees only, but very visibly not centred - has anyone else had this experience?

I've tried Calibrate Centre in v1.0.6 of the Ronin Assistant app on my Android phone, but even after doing that and re-starting the gimbal, when I have it sitting on the tuning stand, it's not properly centred and when use we try to use the Remote to move it back to what I think looks centred, I can feel the gimbal resisting the movement and it simply reverts to the off-centre position.

We are using a SmallHD 7" monitor attached with a small 'magic' arm. Canon 5D MK III and variety of L-lenses

Still running the firmware that it came with out of the box about 2 months ago ... too scared to update after reading about others' issues!!

Cheers
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
After calibrating the centre, did you re-start your Ronin-M? Please note that the calibration only works after restarting.
Meanwhile, you may need to take care of the balance in Roll axis.

Thanks.
2016-6-12
Use props
pbt04
lvl.1

Ghana

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-13 06:49
Hello.
After calibrating the centre, did you re-start your Ronin-M? Please note that the calibration ...

Thanks

If you read my post again, you will see that I already mentioned having re-started the gimbal after selecting the centre calibration option

2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

pbt04 Posted at 2016-6-14 20:46
Thanks

If you read my post again, you will see that I already mentioned having re-started the gi ...

Thanks for your reply.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
If you've calibrated the center, please toggle the 3-position Mode switch in the RC to Mode 3, set the Deadband of pan axis as 0 and set the Speed of pan axis as 100. Then please check if the Ronin can adjust itself to center.

Wait for your feedback.
2016-6-14
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

i am also having issue ,like many others, with pan drifting..camera is perfectly balanced and latest firmware is installed. At start pan axis is centered at 0° and then slowly is drifting until +16+20°. Both Ronin-M that i have worked with have that issue.
2016-6-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

noipego Posted at 2016-6-21 18:55
i am also having issue ,like many others, with pan drifting..camera is perfectly balanced and latest ...

Hello Noipego,
If it happens that the axes drift heavily, please try to increase the value of each axis's stiffness.
With the latest firmware, the roll drift issue has been improved a lot in Ronin/Ronin-M.

Thanks.
2016-6-22
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

Hello Adela...i know the drift of the Roll axis has been fixed on the 2nd firmware update for Ronin-M...although i was talking about the Pan axis drift ( i have all stiffness at 60-65...higher than that i get too much noise from the motors). Why DJI doesn't release a similar fix for Pan drift too? its almost 10 months without a firmware update for Ronin-M.
2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

noipego Posted at 2016-6-22 19:26
Hello Adela...i know the drift of the Roll axis has been fixed on the 2nd firmware update for Ronin- ...

Hello.
Thanks for your concern and feedback.
Our engineers will look into it and we'll try to improve the performance in the future.

For any other issue, please contact us freely.
2016-6-24
Use props
info
New

United Kingdom

Hi there. This is my first time on the forum and first time user of Ronin-M. I have just unboxed it and the Pan keeps reverting to off centre. I have read that perhaps I need to update the firmware as vs ii take care of this issue. However, after downloading the .dmg file I am unable to launch it as my Apple iMac is advising me that it does not recognise it because it is not from Apple. Can you urgently advise please. Thank you .... Gina
2016-7-14
Use props
pbt04
lvl.1

Ghana

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-15 07:27
Thanks for your reply.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
If you've calibrated the center, please tog ...

This issue seems to have been fixed with the latest firmware update

Xie xie
2016-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules