P4 slowly descending when hovering and in flight
5795 47 2016-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

this is the page I was reading n memebers said they had the same problems, and after following these steps it hovered well, I havent tried this yet, but I hope it helps you Thomas, good luck to you

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368
2016-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thomas. Posted at 2016-7-4 20:37
From my point of view: No. The service here in Germany explained to me that they have big problems  ...

Hi Thomas
I don't know whether to congratulate or commiserate with you, you had the aircraft in the air at about a meter for almost 5 minutes, after almost 6 minutes it dropped about 2 feet, now if you had the aircraft at 200 feet hovering for 5 minutes and it only dropped 2 feet I would say you have an excellent aircraft, I'm not to sure why anyone would want to hover at 1 meter for 6 minutes surely if you want to video at that height an Osmo or SLR would be preferable, one thing is very evident in your video is your aircraft barely moved an inch left or right, I think if we try hard enough to look for the problems we can find them,
I have a laptop which has a battery life of 10 hours sometimes I get 9 hours sometimes I get 7 but I don't complain because I'm not judging the engineering of the product, I just need it for my work and I get on with it, it's the same with my car which was sold to me on the promise I would get 57 mpg, I don't but it gets me to work and that's what I need it for, life is just like that we should be able to get over these things and get on with enjoying life,
This is an aircraft designed to fly, to take video and photographs from heights we could never achieve with SLRs or hand held video recorders.
Take it to the sky and enjoy it.
2016-7-4
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-7-5 06:15
Hi Thomas
I don't know whether to congratulate or commiserate with you, you had the aircraft in th ...

Good advice Hallmark007, compared to my other drones I find the P4 steady, idk that the sensors may be off a bit, I use line of sight, and enjoy flying it greatly, its an awesome peace of equipment IMO, but none the less if the link I gave helps, I am more then happy with that as well
2016-7-4
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81132 ft

Heebus Posted at 2016-7-5 06:12
this is the page I was reading n memebers said they had the same problems, and after following these ...

Thank you very much! I have tried this already with very little success. When I come back from my short vacation. I'll try again.
2016-7-5
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81132 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-7-5 06:15
Hi Thomas
I don't know whether to congratulate or commiserate with you, you had the aircraft in th ...

Thanks, I'll do!
2016-7-5
Use props
stefk1987
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518176 ft
Greece

Thomas did they give you brand new ac unit?
2016-7-5
Use props
corneldraw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83402 ft
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-7-5 01:15
Hi Thomas

Totally agree!
2016-7-5
Use props
imran2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29062 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought a Phantom 4 for my birthday in May. Loved not having a single issue of altitude drop or upgrade nightmares. But since the last update the drone will ALWAYS drop 3-6 feet in altitude when I am moving it straight and stop. Not just the slight tilt and straightening out from deceleration but then a steady visible and scary drop requiring manual intervention to kick it up a few feet. Maybe it would recover on its own but 3-6 feet is scary if you are flying it over a wet or remote surface to watch wildlife where it would be impossible to get it back from. One of my upgrades also had the painful process appear where despite following instructions the update failed but later on worked. Hope DJI quality improves. in this area.

Imran
Tampa Bay Florida Sunsets & Dusks By Phantom 4
2016-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules