Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5R on the Osmo / potential issues... DJI, Please respond..
3387 35 2016-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

For the most part im having a great experiance with the X5R on the Osmo. I onlt have 2 potential issues...
1: When the X5R is installed on the Inspire 1, its secure by the gimbal interface and the 2 hinge "supports" located in the rear of the X5R. But when installed on the Osmo, its only secured by the rotating lock from the X5 adaptor. For normal upright use, should be fine, But with the weight of the X5r and lens used in flashlight mode, I would imagine thats a good deal of weight pulling down towards the ground. Im worried that over time we may see some problems down the road from the stress at that point.

2. While I was waiting for the X5R, I have seen a video or 2 of it mounted on an Osmo and the fans clicking (unit stationary) (there may even be a thread on here, have to look again) When I first got my unit I payed extra atention to this, but had no issues. Fast foward 3 weeks or so and I just noticed yesterday my fans started clicking when walking. completly stationary there is no issue, but with the up/ down movement of walking they click. I put the X5R in the orientation of how it would be on the inspire and it was completly fine (even walking). Seems that the fans are not designed to be in the orientation they get put in while in the Osmo. Now Im affraid to use the X5R on the Osmo due to premature cooling fan failure.

So issue #1 may not ever become a problem over time (what is your thought on this?) But it seems #2 is becoming one, and fast. Im curious how DJI is going to address this? I may be able to contace B+H and get my unit swapped out for another, but then after how long will it start to happen again? Lets say I dont, lets say 3 months down the road either one or both fans fail and I send it to DJI to get them replaced, and then again they fail, but now after my warrenty expires.
I know, lots of "what if" situations. My main question is:
DJI, is there any plans to address the issue with the fans? Im not sure if its an issue with the quality of the fans that are being used, or is it that they are not designed to be mounted in the orientation? seems like the fans are dropping down, like the bearings are not able to keep them in place.
Anyone have any input? Thank you.
2016-6-12
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

Ok, so found the thread...
http://forum.dji.com/thread-52446-1-5.html
The last couple responses from DJI:

"Hi all,
Please make sure all the connections are in good conditions.
About the noise, it has been reported to our engineers and we'll try to improve in the future.
Thanks for your understanding."

"Hello.
Please contact your dealer for a possible solution.
Thanks."

So it has been reported and "we'll try to improve in the future", What about now? Im probably going to send my unit back and get a replacement... but... the replacement will have the same fans, So is there a real solution or just deal with it basically?

Sorry if I sound frustrated but this camera cost a good amount of money to be prone to a potentially big issue and there not be a solution in sight.
2016-6-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi Gybo102,
Thanks for your feedback.
About the #1 issue, our engineers will look into it further.
About the #2 issue, could you please return your X5R for repair? It should the issue of the fan, our engineers will help to solve it.

Any further feedback would be appreciated.
2016-6-12
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-13 10:57
Hi Gybo102,
Thanks for your feedback.
About the #1 issue, our engineers will look into it further.

Im going to contact B+H today and get it returned, my issue is how the replacement will have the same fans in them, correct?

So what is the plan for the future? If they realize there is a defect / issue with the current fans, will they be replaced for free? or will we need to eat it?
2016-6-13
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

gybo102 Posted at 2016-6-13 19:20
Im going to contact B+H today and get it returned, my issue is how the replacement will have the s ...

Chomp....chomp..... It will be improved in the x6r
2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

gybo102 Posted at 2016-6-13 19:20
Im going to contact B+H today and get it returned, my issue is how the replacement will have the s ...

Thanks for your cooperation.
Our engineers have pinpointed the cause of the problem, and they will help to solve it, please don't worry too much.
Once our technicians receive your camera, it will be repaired properly.

If you have any feedback, please let me know.
2016-6-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Burlbark Posted at 2016-6-13 23:41
Chomp....chomp..... It will be improved in the x6r

Hello, Burlbark
We'll always try our best to figure out the reported issues ASAP to avoid unnecessary damage or negative influence.

If you have similar problem, kindly please contact your dealer or DJI support team for further assistance.
Thanks for your support.
2016-6-13
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-14 10:51
Our engineers have pinpointed the cause of the problem, and they will ...

I was not looking to send in for repair, I just got it, was looking to send back to B+H and get a replacement.  im assuming I would be looking at a long turn around if I was to send it in?
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

gybo102 Posted at 2016-6-14 21:51
I was not looking to send in for repair, I just got it, was looking to send back to B+H and get a  ...

It's OK if you want to try to return in for a replacement.
Before that, I'll suggest you to review the official after-sales policy: http://www.dji.com/service
If you decide to send it in for repair, please email to support.us@dji.com for further help.

If there's anything I can do for you, please let me know.
Thanks.
2016-6-14
Use props
jamie2
New

United Kingdom

Hi guys, some interesting problems arising I see. I have a couple I could use a hand with.

1. With the latest firmware update (OSMO RAW Firmware v1.1.0.10) the Osmo shuts down fan while recording which is a blessing. However the X5 is so much better and doesn't have that fan shut off accessory. Does anyone know a way around this?
2. I have just bough a DJI mic to plug into the Osmo, however the sound records into the X3 but not the X5. Anyone know if the Osmo is caperbul of capturing sound with the X5 attached to it?

Many thanks,
Jamie
2016-6-15
Use props
steve
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

jamie2 Posted at 2016-6-15 06:51
Hi guys, some interesting problems arising I see. I have a couple I could use a hand with.

1. With  ...

Jamie2,

The x5 can record audio with an external mic.

If you are not getting an audio track maybe check to make sure you have audio recording turned on in the DJI Go app? It is turned off by default. I don't have it in front of me but I think you select the Camera and then scroll down a ways to find the audio options.

2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

jamie2 Posted at 2016-6-15 19:51

1. With  ...

Hello Jamie2,
About the 1st mentioned issue: "1. With the latest firmware update (OSMO RAW Firmware v1.1.0.10) the Osmo shuts down fan while recording which is a blessing." It sounds abnormal to me, could you please show us a video in case of any misunderstanding?
As for the 2nd issue, please take Steve's advice.

Wait for your further information.
Thanks.
2016-6-15
Use props
mattj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11030 ft
United States

Hi guys, I'm having an unrelated issue while using the X5R on the Osmo. When I record video to the SSD and open Cinelight to review/edit, the video is bright pink. Like everything. You can still make out the subjects and surroundings, but it's all bright pink and there's no fixing it. The footage on the microSD looks just fine. I have had no issues with this while using the X5R with my Inspire 1Pro. But this is really frustrating as I bought the X5 adapter for the Osmo so I would have the ability to record at much higher bit rates for higher quality footage. Firmware is up to date. I have formatted the SSD and microSD cards multiple times to see if that was the issue. And I have also tried recording in multiple video formats to see if one format was causing the error. Doesn't matter if it's 1080 or 4K...it's all bright pink.

PLEASE HELP!!

2016-6-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

mattj@inthejgro Posted at 2016-6-19 04:23
Hi guys, I'm having an unrelated issue while using the X5R on the Osmo. When I record video to the S ...

Hello.
Sorry for the issue.
Please wait for a while, our engineers will help to fix this issue as soon as they can.
If there's any inconvenience caused, I beg your pardon.
2016-6-18
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-19 10:57
Hello.
Sorry for the issue.
Please wait for a while, our engineers will help to fix this issue as  ...

Any info on when we can purchase an X5R that has the fans fixed? or is it going to be a lottery for time to come?
2016-6-19
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got my Inspire RAW in and I've also been looking at getting the OSMO for it. I'm assuming it works with the X5 adapter?
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Morrisson Posted at 2016-6-20 03:23
I just got my Inspire RAW in and I've also been looking at getting the OSMO for it. I'm assuming it  ...

Hello Morrisson,
The X5R camera is compatible with the X5 adapter. If you want to learn more relevant information, you may read below threads:
OSMO Raw New Firmware Version v1.1.0.10: http://forum.dji.com/thread-51547-1-1.html
The official X5 adaptor: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=49172

For any other issue, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Thanks.
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

gybo102 Posted at 2016-6-19 22:58
Any info on when we can purchase an X5R that has the fans fixed? or is it going to be a lottery fo ...

Hello Gybo102,
Thanks for your concern.
As soon as we found the issue, our engineers have been always trying to figure it out ASAP.
As far as I know, our engineers have taken some measures to improve the fan issue in the following production.

If you have any other feedback, please contact us freely.
2016-6-19
Use props
Morrisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-19 22:37
Hello Morrisson,
The X5R camera is compatible with the X5 adapter. If you want to learn more relev ...

Great, thank you!

Best,
Gavin
2016-6-19
Use props
kurt
lvl.1

Italy

Hello,
we own the Inspire X5R and the handle kit with adapter.
We have a problem with the Wifi connect to the handle kit.
It connect 1 times and after 10 seconds disconnect and remain disconnected.
We have test 2 Android Phone, 1 Ipad-Mini and 1 Iphone 5S. Same problem.
Only 1 times we have had a live feed for a minute (that was very laggy)
What we can do?
Firmware is v1.1.0.10Also we have this noise from the fans in vertical movement as descripted from other users

Best
Staschitz

2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

kurt@staschitz. Posted at 2016-6-22 18:20
Hello,
we own the Inspire X5R and the handle kit with adapter.
We have a problem with the Wifi conne ...

Hello.
Firstly, could you please check your mobile devices? In this situation, normally it's due to the incapability of your mobile devices. Please make sure your mobile devices have enough memory to process the image and keep a clear and smooth WiFi signal circumstances for a better quality of the live feed.

Thanks.
2016-6-22
Use props
kurt
lvl.1

Italy

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-22 12:56
Hello.
Firstly, could you please check your mobile devices? In this situation, normally it's due t ...

Hello,
all 4 devices(Samsung note 3, S3, Ipad, Iphone) work fine with our wifi router.
The problem is that we see the Osmo in the device list, password is accepted, after 1 min or more it connect for 5-6 seconds and then disconnect and never try again.
2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

kurt@staschitz. Posted at 2016-6-22 22:01
Hello,
all 4 devices(Samsung note 3, S3, Ipad, Iphone) work fine with our wifi router.
The problem ...

Thanks for your further information.
There may be some WiFi signal interference, can you manage to avoid the possible signal interference? You may need to shut down your WiFi router. The DJI GO App just communicates with the Osmo via the Osmo WiFi, no other connection is needed.

Please let me know if there's any further update.
2016-6-22
Use props
kurt
lvl.1

Italy

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-23 06:23
Thanks for your further information.
There may be some WiFi signal interference, can you manage to ...

Hello,
the life-feed to Osmo now is working(after we move away from our router).
We can not find where to actived the audio(under menu anywhere is a audio option).
And for the scratching fan noise i upload a video pass: omega
Other than the noise all footage on SSD are pink, only when i hold the osmo upside down is normal

SSD pink.jpg
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

kurt@staschitz. Posted at 2016-6-23 21:16
Hello,
the life-feed to Osmo now is working(after we move away from our router).
We can not find wh ...

Hello.
Thanks for the update about the live feed.
In the DJI GO App, please tap Camera icon on the screen, scroll down and find the Audio Control, enter the sub-menu of Audio Control, you can turn on the Audio Recording.
About the fan noise, our engineers will try to improve in the future.
As for the "pink" issue in the Cinelight, firstly, could you confirm if you've upgraded the app to the latest version v0.9.26?

Wait for your reply.
2016-6-23
Use props
kurt
lvl.1

Italy

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-24 05:11
Hello.
Thanks for the update about the live feed.
In the DJI GO App, please tap Camera icon on th ...

Ok, we have upgraded from the DJI website version 0.9.26( on the SSD was 9.9 ?)
Now the pink cast is away.
Yes please find a solution for the scratching, and also find a way to minimize the noise from the fans.
We have actived the sound and registered with the FM-15 Fleximic and this is unusable!
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

kurt@staschitz. Posted at 2016-6-24 21:17
Ok, we have upgraded from the DJI website version 0.9.26( on the SSD was 9.9 ?)
Now the pink cast  ...

Thanks for your update.
To improve the fan issue, it's a hardware issue. You may need to return it for further check, you please contact support.eu@dji.com for further help.
To get a better quality of audio, please use another external Mic of a better quality, please refer to some recommendation in the official website: http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#specs

If there's any other issue, please contact us freely.  
2016-6-26
Use props
jmcadory
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-26 20:22
Thanks for your update.
To improve the fan issue, it's a hardware issue. You may need to return it ...

I just got my X5 back from service and the fan is as loud as it was to begin with.  In it's current state the audio from the X5 would require using software to reduce the noise to make it usable in some cases.  I don't always use the audio but when I do I would rather not spend time in Audition trying to clean it up.  Why not a firmware update that turns the fan off when recording?
2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jmcadory Posted at 2016-7-1 00:56
I just got my X5 back from service and the fan is as loud as it was to begin with.  In it's curren ...

We're very sorry about this, we'll optimize the noise issue in future firmware.  The reason the fan is on is just that there's a lot of heat produced by this machine and needs to be dispersed.  Currently we suggest you using software to edit the audio.

Thank you.
2016-7-4
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-14 10:51
Our engineers have pinpointed the cause of the problem, and they will ...

I returned my original unit, Im looking to buy another one soon. (couple weeks or so) Have the units been updated with the fix, or do I have to buy the unit and then send it back to get fixed?
Thank you.
2016-8-9
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-4 07:45
We're very sorry about this, we'll optimize the noise issue in future firmware.  The reason the fa ...

By chance is there any responce to the above question?
2016-8-20
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

Anyone else having issues with the X5R fans? (X5R only please)
2016-8-20
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

gybo102 Posted at 2016-8-20 21:19
By chance is there any responce to the above question?

About the 2nd one, it's a quality control issue, there shouldn't be any clicking sound. If you can't exchange it from the seller, please contact support.us@dji.com and send it in, we'll repair/exchange it for you. I suggest you do it when you don't plan to use the X5R for a while(about two weeks), but before the warranty expires.

About the 1st one, let me check with engineers to see whether it should be a concern or not. I'll respond to you in a day or two
2016-8-20
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-21 10:52
About the 2nd one, it's a quality control issue, there shouldn't be any clicking sound. If you can' ...

Thank you for the info. Quick question, I ordered an X5R from B+H photo a little over a week ago. I received the order and it looks to be used or a refurbished unit as the back gimbal cover has scratch marks all over the screw areas and some scratches at the top. It looks like someone was trying to hide the ones on top by using a black sharpie marker on them. I figured it was a one time situation so I had ordered a new one while that one was on its way back for return... the next unit was in worse condition. From what B+H is telling me.. that is the first time they have those serial # in their inventory, so that means they are getting them as new units from DJI with all those "imperfections" to me, they look like refurbished units that was not cleaned up well. Is this out of the norm? Im now going to have a 3rd unit sent to me in hopes it will be new. Does DJI send refurbished units out to be sold as new?
Thank you
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

gybo102 Posted at 2016-8-21 18:40
Thank you for the info. Quick question, I ordered an X5R from B+H photo a little over a week ago.  ...

Hi, that is not the norm. We're very sorry about it. DJI doesn't see refurb units as new one. And refurb units should look like as good as new if you intend to buy a used one.  Probably that batch has some quality control issue.

Again, very sorry about it. Let me know if the 3rd one is fine.
2016-8-21
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-22 10:29
Hi, that is not the norm. We're very sorry about it. DJI doesn't see refurb units as new one. And  ...

After getting home from work, took some pics. Was able to notice more scratches and such with a flashlight. also noticed one of the two screws were backed out some. I dont know how this can pass for new by any standard. Keep in mind, the other one is prittey much in the same condition... Hope # 3 is better.
https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... Q3QxTG8?usp=sharing
2016-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules