Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Z15-5D noisy and out of calibration
1140 4 2016-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeffo C
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159488 ft
Australia

I purchased two new batteries so I ran them on my copter on the bench for 20 minutes to make sure they were ok. Once I shut down the rotors I rest the gimbal to FPV mode and heard this strange noise, after further investigation I noticed that it was making the noise in one position only you can see this on the attached video.I also notice that the camera does not point dictly down unless I set the tilt manualy, the gimbal does not

My set up is as follows:
- S1000 Premium
- A2 (early 2014 not the plus Version)
- Canon 5Dmkiii
- iOSD Mark II- 5.8ghz Video down link
- 2.4ghz Data Link for PC Ground Station
- Zenmuse Z15-5D gimbal: v3.0

I have seen a couple of posts regarding the v3.0 firmware could this be the issues as before this upgrade all was fine.

[media=x,970,580]%5Bmedia=x,970,580%5D[/media][/media]

2016-6-12
Use props
Jeffo C
lvl.2
Australia

Them problem is getting worse, had a fly today and the gimbal was not very responsive, when I selected FPV the gimbal tilted to one side and up fully.

The strange thing is when I have it on the ground at start up and FPV selected the gimbal is a few degrees out but if I move the tilt and pan controls the gimbal moves to the correct position it looks like it is calibrating. The controls should not do anything while FPV is selected.
2016-6-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>

Jeff have you calibrated your IMU.  If not please do that.  Is the firmware up to date on all your systems?  If not please do the updates.  Let us know how this works.
2016-6-15
Use props
Jeffo C
lvl.2
Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-6-15 23:54
Jeff have you calibrated your IMU.  If not please do that.  Is the firmware up to date on all your s ...

I calibrated the IMU the day before my last flight and that is when the problems started, it is a gimbal problem.

Z15-5D

Z15-5D

A2

A2

IOSD

IOSD
2016-6-15
Use props
Jeffo C
lvl.2
Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-6-15 23:54
Jeff have you calibrated your IMU.  If not please do that.  Is the firmware up to date on all your s ...

I have calibrated the A2 v2.4 IMU, I see that the Zenmuse has a different IMU v1.8 but how do I calibrate it?
2016-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules