New Firmware for Phantom 3 Pro/Adv has been Released
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikelt006
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336880 ft
Israel

T-Rex Posted at 2016-7-17 20:43
May be you forgot the bin file in the sad card.

Oh, I didn't actually forget it, left it there on purpose, read somewhere this is what advised to do ? ok I'll delete it and see if it still there, thank
2016-7-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

mikelt006@gmail Posted at 2016-7-18 04:41
Oh, I didn't actually forget it, left it there on purpose, read somewhere this is what advised to  ...

If the result show "abort" or "success" after updating, you can format the card via the app later.
2016-7-17
Use props
m_s_karimi2000
New

Iran

as I see here, everyone who upgrade firmware to 1.9.6 confront to "video lag" . no way to solve that???
2016-7-17
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

For me its not video lag, but video cuts out when P3P is about 500m away. The downgrade partially fixed the issue where it seems to fly alot further.. but the video flicks a bit at some distances.. Im getting no where as good flight experience as I did when I first got it out the box without any firmware update

Ken can you provide some statistics of what has been done to resolve the flight distance issue with the Phantoms that have been sent back to DJI with firmware 1.9.60?

Re T-Rex's comment with having to have the RC powered off. This isnt stated in the DJI firmware upgrade manual so I would have to discredit the RC being on that is causing the issue with the Phantom firmware upgrade process and faulting the Video Transmission Module.. unless I hear something official from DJI that this causes the fault.. and they then upgrade the firmware instructions to say the RC needs to be powered off for firmware upgrade.. and if that was the case I would say its bad design.

Another thing is if you look at the Major update for v1-1-8 (https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... lable-for-phantom-3) it says this:

Major Updates:
Fixed the issue of failure to update the firmware if the remote controller is turned off.

.. So how did people upgrade the firmware before version 1.1.8 if the firmware failed to update when the controller is off.. it means that alot of people probably had their controller on.

2016-7-18
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

Do NOT upgrade firmware if your drone Works well !
I did that 3 days ago. Yesterday I tested drone in the field on open air and after a while (300m distance) it lost connection and flied away.
I coudn't do nothing but waching how it went out of my sight.  Never got it.
So about the sofisticated technology (Phantom 3 adv.). It should return if connection is lost but it didn't. It should return if the battery is going down or if I push the return home button, but nothing of these happened.
Of course, I lost connection! What good is the return home function, if there is no connection?
The grass out there was prettty high, and I do not know, how far it can get on 50% battery, so it would be futile to search it.
The path of fligt on the display shows that it turned back for a half of a distance and stopped. There is a blue dot. I do not know, if it is for loosing connection or it marks the end of the flight?
If it turned back so far, I would have seen it. I searched 100m arround that mark and found nothing.
So this is the end of taking videos, which are really amazing.
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

andy10 Posted at 2016-7-19 16:27
I did that 3 days ago. Yesterday I tested drone i ...

Sorry for your loss, Andy. Firmware has nothing to do with crash or fly-away issues.I'd suggest you to sync your flight record and contact support.eu@dji.com. Our tech support will look into it.
2016-7-19
Use props
T-Rex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 966148 ft
Italy

andy10 Posted at 2016-7-19 10:27
I did that 3 days ago. Yesterday I tested drone i ...

I have the impression that it is actually an hw issue or weakness. Some hardware are weaker than others and fails because the new fw is probably over stressing them. That is causing the lag and the instability of the signal. In my case the damage was so important that the firmware verify at the end of the downgrade and of the following upgrades were not successful. In other case the problem is less important and the verify process pass.  It is a bit like when you try to visit a website with bad internet connection some time it is slow but you can open the page but some others it takes so long that a time out error occurr. Of course I am not an expert so the Dji official answer to about  fw1.960 video problem would more than welcome.
2016-7-19
Use props
Redworc1
New

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-14 03:54
Format the SD card, download the Zip file from the correct DJI webpage (Pro or Advanced)
Extract t ...

Can anyone help me fix the issue of my remote not updating.  I haven't used my Phantom 3 Professional in almost 2 months.  I went to use it lastt week and the app gave me the notice Firmware Update Required.  I tried to do it through the app by pressing update and it immediately said failed.  I went on the website and found the tutorials on updating firmware and was able to download the most recent file from the site to my SD card and then inserted it back into the gimble and the file was installed which took about 20 minutes.  Now it was time to update the Remote so I inserted my SD card into my memory card reader and then placed it in the USB port in the back of the remote.  Turned the remote on and the Red light came on and for almost 15 seconds nothing.  Then the Red light began flashing and beeping.  I'm not sure what to do.  Can anyone help?
2016-7-19
Use props
benfoo828
New

United States

Hi There!

I just received my P3A from Amazon!  I updated the remote through the app and followed the instructions for the firmware update.  I'm getting the right "D-D-D-D" sound from the aircraft but it's been going on for about an hour now....  How long should this be for a fresh update?  Any suggestions otherwise?

Thanks!

2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Redworc1 Posted at 2016-7-20 08:11
Can anyone help me fix the issue of my remote not updating.  I haven't used my Phantom 3 Professio ...

What's your RC firmware version now?
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

benfoo828 Posted at 2016-7-20 09:07
Hi There!

I just received my P3A from Amazon!  I updated the remote through the app and followed th ...

The RC updating has nothing to do with drone. If you're updating your drone and it has been beeping DDDD for 1 hour, please turn it off and check the result text file in the card.  
2016-7-19
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

Hi Paladan,
Why are you deleting my posts?
I didn't say anything bad, just want to know the official DJI statement re upgrade process as it says nothing in firmware upgrade instructions that RC needs to be powered off or it may cause hardware failure.  Has this been confirmed by DJI or are we all just speculating?
2016-7-19
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

Hey Redworc1, I upgrade my controller by plugging in my tablet that is connected to internet into controller and then select the upgrade option through the dji app
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

dbostock Posted at 2016-7-20 15:52
Hi Paladan,
I didn't say anything bad, just want to know the officia ...

Sorry for your confusion but I didn't delete your post and currently there isn't any delete record under your account. Do you have any screenshot or the link of this post?
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

dbostock Posted at 2016-7-20 15:52
Hi Paladan,
I didn't say anything bad, just want to know the officia ...

For Phantom 3 Pro/Adv,  the RC doesn't influence the drone's re-updating process. But it is not necessary to turn it on since you'll hear the beeping from the RC if you don't move the stick for a long time.
2016-7-20
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

Has any of the lagginess in video been attributed to low available storage on the device? After the fix in IOS release previous to Version 2.8.4, it cured my transmission loss problem but after a week or two video transmission became laggy. I have updated to the latest release and restored my iPAD Air 2 giving me 40gb of available space (before this it was about 3gb), I've only briefly tested it but it now the lagginess issue appears to fixed?
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Redworc1 Posted at 2016-7-20 08:11
Can anyone help me fix the issue of my remote not updating.  I haven't used my Phantom 3 Professio ...

Have you gotten the RC updated?
What firmware were you on before.  If you were on pre 1.3 then you use the BIN file on a USB and put it in the RC. If you were on 1.3 or higher then the RC is only updated through the app.
2016-7-20
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.2

United States

All good here for a few days. Did the update via SDcard on P3A
2016-7-20
Use props
banshee1997
New

United States

Hello, I am having problems with my P3P after upgrading to 1.9.6 as well. I never got the 3 beep tone indicating that the install had finished even after waiting well over an hour. I finally powered off the aircraft and checked the .txt file and it said the update had failed and to try again. So I did except this time I got the 4 beep writing firmware tone for about 60 seconds followed by a constant alarm tone. After several attempts to reinstall the firmware without success, I contacted DJI online support and was told that it was due to me not having updated my RC yet and they instructed me to do so. I updated the FW on the RC and the DJI Go app and now I get a "NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL" warning at the top. When I contacted them the second time I was finally instructed to download and install FW 1.8.8, only problem is it won’t let me. I get the normal 2 beep twice after the initial powering on followed by several repetitive beeps, it will then either do the 4 beep sequence for a short time followed by the alarm tone or it will just go directly to the alarm tone.

The RC was not powered on at any point while trying to install either version of the FW. After reading thru these forums it sounds like I'm going to have to send it in for repairs, but before I look into returning it I wanted to ask a few questions.
Is there a different procedure for installing an older FW version?
How is it that a firmware update can cause a hardware failure on a drone that flew and recorded flawlessly before the update?
If I do have to send it in for repair is DJI going to repair it free of charge since it was their firmware that caused the failure?
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

banshee1997 Posted at 2016-7-21 09:51
Hello, I am having problems with my P3P after upgrading to 1.9.6 as well. I never got the 3 beep ton ...

Sorry for your experience, Banshee1997. The downgrading process is the same as upgrading process. If a product is out of warranty and it's proven that a firmware caused the issue (no physical damages) then it would be covered.So first you need to send it in for diagnosis.Thank you for your understanding.
2016-7-20
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

banshee1997 Posted at 2016-7-21 09:51
Hello, I am having problems with my P3P after upgrading to 1.9.6 as well. I never got the 3 beep ton ...

Banshee..  I'm betting if you can get the hidden log file off the micro SD you did the install from (presuming you haven't formatted it) that you'll see a device error on lines 0800 and 1500.. which (in the past) has pointed to the Video Transmission Module on the top of the gimbal..  Depending on your OS, there are different ways to get to that hidden file.  Try a google search..  Sorry (as well) your aircraft is down.  :-(

2016-7-21
Use props
cristian.esteve
New

Uruguay

Is this update only for the aircraft? Because I tried to update the remote control and still run the earlier version.
2016-7-23
Use props
mrfaisal24
New

Pakistan

My aircraft is not updating while remote is already updated, so what can I do for fix it.. after download (update file.bin) and paste into SDC my aircraft not reacting like others.
2016-7-24
Use props
mrfaisal24
New

Pakistan

Aircraft firmware is inconsistent the massage is displaying, Aircraft cannot updating, Download and paste the file into SDC, aircraft is not working like others do the same.
2016-7-24
Use props
mrfaisal24
New

Pakistan

Aircraft firmware is inconsistent the massage is displaying, Aircraft cannot updating, Download and paste the file into SDC, aircraft is not working like others do the same.
2016-7-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

cristian.esteve Posted at 2016-7-23 21:18
Is this update only for the aircraft? Because I tried to update the remote control and still run the ...

Yes it is only for aircraft. When we release a new RC firmware, you'll get a notification from the app and upgrade via the Overall Status.
2016-7-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

mrfaisal24 Posted at 2016-7-25 04:27
Aircraft firmware is inconsistent the massage is displaying, Aircraft cannot updating, Download and  ...

Are there any result text files generated in the card? Have you formatted the card before you extract the bin file to the card?
2016-7-24
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223684 ft
Sweden

Can't  seem to fix this laging problem.... older firmware versions will not install properly and yes I never had this problem before the last update and yes my android device IS Listed!
2016-7-24
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

It seems like a total screw up from DJI and they don't care!!!!
2016-7-24
Use props
Gerrie Warner
lvl.2
Sweden

I get serious screen laging most of the time directly upon starting and ALWAYS after a minute or two of flight ... I tried to downgrade the Firmware but only get the .txt message that is was unsuccsesful..   
2016-7-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Gerrie Warner Posted at 2016-7-25 15:04
I get serious screen laging most of the time directly upon starting and ALWAYS after a minute or two ...

Could you post the detailed log here?You can find the methods above.
2016-7-24
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42585 ft
United States

Any way to go past 500M? The advertised range is much higher and here we are stuck with paltry 500M range.
2016-7-25
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

varunnahar Posted at 2016-7-25 20:22
Any way to go past 500M? The advertised range is much higher and here we are stuck with paltry 500M  ...

So, there are a ton of things that can affect range far outside of just what some people may be experiencing with firmware... and distance can vary day to day even over the same flight range.  To see if you are getting close to your max distance you need to find a place free of obstructions (clean line of sight) and with as little interference from other sources (wireless signals, towers, etc.).  From there it can go down quickly. Trees (especially now) are filled with water and water absorbs signals like a sponge, so altitude tends to be an answer there, and again as clear a line of sight as possible..  BUT if you're flying over locations with tons of interference again the distance will be affected.

Not saying you don't possibly have a hardware issue, but if you're using your antennas correctly, remain pointed at the drone as much as possible, etc. and try to fly at some place where you can really see what it will do, it will give you a baseline for comparison.

You can also try a windsurfer antenna mod, which is a cheap way to get a little more out of the connection... but if you're only getting 500m in a clean location, then there is some other issue...
2016-7-25
Use props
Redworc1
New

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-20 10:16
What's your RC firmware version now?

I'm not sure on the remote.  With the aircraft SDcard plugged into the memory card reader USB, and plugging the USB into my laptop, I downloaded the Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.9.60 .  Then I removed the SDcard and placed it back inside the aircraft gimble and followed the steps in the tutorial.  That seemed to have worked for the aircraft.  I also got the success in the notes on the SDcard. Now for the remote I keep getting the flashing red light and beeping sound.  I'm lost, any help would be greatly appreciated.
2016-7-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Redworc1 Posted at 2016-7-26 02:29
I'm not sure on the remote.  With the aircraft SDcard plugged into the memory card reader USB, and ...

First, it is necessary to calibrate the RC at first. You can check the RC firmware version in General Settings-About.If it is earlier than 1.3.2, please download the 1.3.2 fw and extract the bin file to the sd card. Then use the flash drive to update it. If it is 1.3.2 or later, please update the RC via DJI Go app directly.
2016-7-25
Use props
Redworc1
New

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-26 11:38
First, it is necessary to calibrate the RC at first. You can check the RC firmware version in Gene ...

Okay went to General Settings in the Camera view screen on my mobile device thru the DJI Go app while connected to the RC. Selected About and it says App 2.83 Version N/A Remote Controller N/A.  

I'm not sure if I'm on the right track based on what you've described but now I need to upload the FW correct? which version should I upload? there are three Firmware files v1.9.60 , v1.8.80 , v1.3.20

I downloaded the v1.3.20 and ejected the Memory Card Reader USB, containing my SDcard, from my computer and plugged it into the back of the RC.  Turned on the RC and the red light illuminated for 15 seconds maybe and then it began to flash and beep.  After awhile of beeping the beeping slowed down and eventually it turned it self off.

I know its something simple I just don't know what it is. Please help.
2016-7-26
Use props
themikesommer
lvl.1

United States

Hi everyone,

I've just read all 10 pages and have come across some great ideas and a bunch of potential fixes. However, it looks like not one of them work in my case.

I just bought, about a week ago, a used P3P. It flies and works well and everything. It had been sitting for a few months in the guys closet, so he sold it. However, when we met, he flew it and it was fine, but it needed a slew of updates. Well i read on here how to do them, and I tried. The RC worked great, but I'm not sure about the quad. The ABOUT section says my aircraft is on version 1.9.60 and my RC is on 1.6.0, but my logs all show it failing as an install.

Now, Since day one, I've always gotten a "NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL" message on the iPad i use, and I thought being the newest firmware it would be fixed. Nope.

So the funny thing is that I even though I can't see what the drone sees, I tried taking pictures and videos and I can. I see them on the memory card when its inserted into my comp. But I can't see them or the live feed from my camera on my tablet. Weird right?

Lastly, when i check the "OVERALL STATUS" on the tablet with no memory card inserted, i get an "aircraft upgrade error" & "retry following instructions carefully" message. But when the memory card is inserted and formatted, there are ZERO errors or upgrades needed. Any suggestions? I'd rather not have to send the drove in for repair as I haven't even played with it yet, and I don't have any disposable cash to throw at it, but I've built race cars, so I'm sure I can tackle a fairly easy repair if you guys may know if any. I've heard of the cables on the camera and gimbal taking a shit on crashes sometimes. And even though he said it's never been crashed, and there are no marks on it, I'm sure SOMETHING's had to have happened at some point, and maybe the cables did get disconnected.

thanks for listening. /rant

IMG_2941.PNG
IMG_6863.png
IMG_7406.png
IMG_6499.png
2016-7-26
Use props
shaneoc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1873 ft
Canada

themikesommer Posted at 2016-7-27 09:55
Hi everyone,

I've just read all 10 pages and have come across some great ideas and a bunch of poten ...

themikesommer,

The exact same thing has happened to me after sucesfully installing the latest firmware. This is a DJI screwup!

I am afraid to fly my drone now as I might loose it. I started a thread today with all my flight logs etc. maybe keep on eye on how DJI responds after reviewing my flight logs.
2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Redworc1 Posted at 2016-7-27 08:19
Okay went to General Settings in the Camera view screen on my mobile device thru the DJI Go app wh ...

1.I'd suggest you to use another network/mobile device or reinstall the app(if necessary) to check the version again.
2.Have you copied the bin file inside the firmware package that you downloaded from our website?And the bin file should not be under any folder inside the SD card.See the indicators here: usb升级RC.JPG 03.JPG
2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

themikesommer Posted at 2016-7-27 09:55
Hi everyone,

I've just read all 10 pages and have come across some great ideas and a bunch of poten ...

If you don't format the SD card after upgrading, please post the hidden upgrade log here and I'll have a look at it. The steps could be found in previous posts.
2016-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules