New Firmware for Phantom 3 Pro/Adv has been Released
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
denyskoval
New

PJI72 Posted at 2016-8-5 00:48
Hello everyone. Just for the record, one more Phantom 3 Professional without video transmission afte ...

Had the same problem. Sent my Phantom 3Adv to DJI repair center. They replaced the camera and now everything works fine. Checked the firmware, everything is of the latest version.

What I don't get is how replacing the camera solved the problem. I've been using my drone for 5 months with no issues related to video/camera. It's only after the firmware update that the drone was bricked...
2016-8-8
Use props
Denny.K
New

I was really upset when it happened, because I use the drone for commercial purposes and lost several customers... at the same time I am grateful that DJI paid for shipping, fixed it in 1 day and returned it to me quickly with no questions asked. I just had to fill out the form and explain what happened.  
2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

lazukaphotograp Posted at 2016-8-9 00:16
I'm in the camp that gets no transmission signal since I upgraded.  Everything worked great until  ...

Please post the hidden log file here.Methods could be found in the posts above.
2016-8-8
Use props
mthorley38
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23363 ft
United Kingdom

how about instead of updates for products that are working fine how about fixing the mess with the phantom 3 4k after the last update and loss off distance that would be nice seems as at first customer services denied knowing there was a problem to saying they know about the problem and are working on a fix for the problem they said at the begining off the chat they did not know about it would be nice for some straight answers on that please
2016-8-10
Use props
kgrindle
New

United States

I too am sitting in my den surrounded by wires, sim cards and many nights of failed attempts to bring my phantom back to life. I could have not been more loyal nor more happy with my Phantom and DJI up to this point, my demonstrations pics and videos have surely contributed to many sales. That being said, I could not be any more disgusted with a product and company than I am tonight. I look forward to and anxiously await a remedy.
2016-8-10
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

Since I have downgraded from the v1.9 to v1.8 firmware its still stuffed. I mean I don't get as many issues as the v1.9 firmare but it still loses signal a hell of alot. It definitely gone downhill since I have done the v1.8 and 1.9 firmare. When I first got it out of the box with the standard firmare I was able to fly out 2kms with no signal issue until it cut out and started returning home as it reached it max distance. I don't have any confidence in the product anymore it's just happening so often at 500m distance. Also how come when I call your service centre to log this fault they arent aware of this issue or thread. This is ridiculous. You know if u guys could just admit u stuffed up and are working on a fix it would make alot of people happy, s'all im saying. Also last ever DJI product I ever buy.
2016-8-12
Use props
Antonov
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321857 ft
United Kingdom

hsdavisjr Posted at 2016-8-6 21:45
ok... so i bought my first drone AFTER trying out my friends, i LOVED it, So i went and bought a pha ...

Have you tried deleting the DJI Go App and reinstalling it again?

Also, remove the SD card out and turn your aircraft on to see if connects. You can insert it after. That helped me with my IOS sometime ago. I am still on 1.08 i believe....
2016-8-12
Use props
Antonov
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321857 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone try using the Litchi App?  Also great for autonomous long distance flights, more secure than just flying manually.
2016-8-12
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

Antonov yes also this issue happens on both my phone and tablet.
2016-8-12
Use props
ppkessler
lvl.2

France

Have experienced weak signal issue with that last DJI firmware. DJI is not good at all with FIRMWARE development. Either they are limiting power intentionally which is not acceptable since you paid for a drone with known specs at the time, or their developers are not that competent, which looking at all problems reported by people, is more likely the case... hope that DJI will correct it quick. 1.09.0060 is terrible in that regard. Weak signal at about 300feet when I was able to fly close to 4 miles at same empty area...
Please help fixing our drone back to normal!!!
2016-8-13
Use props
ppkessler
lvl.2

France

The Phantom 3 PRO has nothing of a PRO anymore with that terrible range limitation!!! I can't use it for Professional application anymore in Europe. Time to move to another brand! What a waste of money!!! You should keep the possibility at your own risk to boost the transmit power at its nominal value wherever you are (out of maybe close to airport, but you may have request from them for some contracts...).

How to unlock this to make DJI a PRO version back?

Thanks
2016-8-13
Use props
burkepatt
New

United States

Can't update radio firmware
2016-8-13
Use props
ppkessler
lvl.2

France

Does anyone know on where we can download the RC firmware 1.6 from? I need to update my RC since it does not seem to work properly via my connection. Thx
2016-8-14
Use props
dbostock
lvl.2

Australia

You can get it from here> http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/phantom-3-professional-firmware-v1-6-0040.61833/
But if your on the latest 1.9 firmware Im pretty sure u can only downgrade one version below to 1.8?
2016-8-14
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

Marv JS Posted at 2016-6-14 01:56
Just updated new firmware to my Advance and the SD card reads successful in updating to 1.9.6 but th ...

hi

double check on the txt file of the firmware update to make sure it was successful,if it was successful and the app still says 1.8.80 i would re install the dji go app.

Just a quick question, did you have any issues on the old 1.8.80 fw with your p3a ?

thanks
2016-8-14
Use props
Vampiszon
lvl.2

Sweden

Since I updated to 1.9.6, I got terrible video lag, like 5-7 seconds which makes my p3 unflyable. The input lag is 0 as i can see flying close to me. I'm in the process of downgrading to 1.8 or even to 1.7 to see if this will help fix the issue. Terrible firmwares DJI, terrible...
2016-8-14
Use props
ggbertrand
New

United States

Spider210 Posted at 2016-6-13 13:30
I keep having to update the remote it says current version unknown  it completes and then reboots an ...

I have the same issue spent time with support on chat but they basically told me to keep TRYING  to up load I HAVE A S6
2016-8-15
Use props
melvonnar
lvl.2
United States

I up dated---now------------- NOT A THING WORKS now what do I do?    just got the drone;   was out of town for three months just got back---- has 2 flights before I tried the up date; now I have a very expensive paper weight.   dang dang.
2016-8-15
Use props
melvonnar
lvl.2
United States

melvonnar@yahoo Posted at 2016-8-15 21:11
I up dated---now------------- NOT A THING WORKS now what do I do?    just got the drone;   was out  ...

I see I'm no alone
2016-8-15
Use props
melvonnar
lvl.2
United States

tried to down grade but that doesn't work either
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

melvonnar@yahoo Posted at 2016-8-16 09:11
I up dated---now------------- NOT A THING WORKS now what do I do?    just got the drone;   was out  ...

Could you make it in details?
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

ggbertrand Posted at 2016-8-16 08:30
I have the same issue spent time with support on chat but they basically told me to keep TRYING  t ...

What's the RC indicators color?
2016-8-15
Use props
PJI72
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106854 ft
Portugal

DJI: Can you aknowledge some kind of firmware problem with the 1.9.6 version? If yes, is it being solved? The range limitation in Europe transforming the more expensive Professional in a 4K version here reported is true? Please answer this questions, because the news are spreading and we, phantom owners, are not having peace of mind flying our bird nor are we capable of recommend this DJI product for other people.
I'm a recent owner, don't make me regreat.
2016-8-16
Use props
melvonnar
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-15 22:18
Could you make it in details?

turn trans on----then turn drone on---no connection--period; I'm not dumb; but I no this thing is dead;---less than 6 flights before an  up grade; I want to send it back; I'll pay the postage; drone is less than 4 months old. please don't ask for more info; you have all I can give you.
2016-8-16
Use props
melvonnar
lvl.2
United States

melvonnar@yahoo Posted at 2016-8-16 11:18
turn trans on----then turn drone on---no connection--period; I'm not dumb; but I no this thing is  ...

I have to add--- I have two phantom 2'S had them for over two years-- updated them never a problem; hundreds of flights; never a crash or flyaway.  
2016-8-16
Use props
melvonnar
lvl.2
United States

PJI72 Posted at 2016-8-16 07:06
DJI: Can you aknowledge some kind of firmware problem with the 1.9.6 version? If yes, is it being so ...

sorry can't my bird is dead
2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

melvonnar@yahoo Posted at 2016-8-16 23:18
turn trans on----then turn drone on---no connection--period; I'm not dumb; but I no this thing is  ...

If it is convenient, could you please post the hidden update log here?
2016-8-16
Use props
slaindevil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297461 ft
Germany

Will there be an DJI Go App Update corresponding to this new FW update?
And if yes, will the app update make it impossible to connect and fly without having the FW update installed?
2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

slaindevil Posted at 2016-8-17 15:40
Will there be an DJI Go App Update corresponding to this new FW update?
And if yes, will the app upd ...

The firmware has nothing to do with DJI Go app update
2016-8-17
Use props
gguillaumeduboi
New

France

Hello,
I performed the update and the drone of the radio (as requested in the Application DJI GO), the update was successful, I had no more connection between the drone and the radio, so I turned off the radio and drone but now the radio does not turn on (I do not even have the battery status lights) yet it still remained 50% battery.

Thank you
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

gguillaumeduboi Posted at 2016-8-17 17:58
Hello,
I performed the update and the drone of the radio (as requested in the Application DJI GO), t ...

Have you updated both of your aircraft and remote controller? What's the remote indicator color?
2016-8-17
Use props
Guillaume62
New

France

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-17 12:04
Have you updated both of your aircraft and remote controller? What's the remote indicator color?

Thanks for your answer.
I updated the firmware on my aircraft, which went well and offered me after automatically updating of the remote controller. Now, i Now the remote controller does not turn on and the lights on the remote controller, either
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Guillaume62 Posted at 2016-8-17 18:24
Thanks for your answer.
I updated the firmware on my aircraft, which went well and offered me afte ...

So the remote cannot be turned on after updating?
2016-8-17
Use props
Guillaume62
New

France

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-17 12:27
So the remote cannot be turned on after updating?

yes, I did the update but I had no connection between the remote and the aircraft, so I turned off the aircraft and remotre and now impossible to turn on the remote
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Guillaume62 Posted at 2016-8-17 18:39
yes, I did the update but I had no connection between the remote and the aircraft, so I turned off ...

If it has no reaction while charging, please contact support.eu@dji.com and send it in.
2016-8-17
Use props
Guillaume62
New

France

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-17 12:57
If it has no reaction while charging, please contact  and send it in.

Thank you !
2016-8-17
Use props
ppkessler
lvl.2

France

dbostock Posted at 2016-8-14 13:17
You can get it from here> http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/phantom-3-professional-firmware-v1-6- ...

Thanks but I was looking for the RC firmware, not the drone firmware. Sorry I was not clear   :-)

I found a way to get it.

Thanks again
2016-8-17
Use props
ppkessler
lvl.2

France

DJI, about power limitation, you are responsible of setting it as default but you have to offer the user, at his own risk and responsibility, to overide the default value to get back what he paid for!!!

Thanks
2016-8-17
Use props
melvonnar
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-16 21:35
If it is convenient, could you please post the hidden update log here?

I have contacted DJI support and will return the drone for repair--- thanks for your reply
2016-8-17
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

For all those who have done a successful firmware update  but sill having issues with  video feed lagging, cutting out etc etc.  

I am on latest firmware for aircraft and rc.  Have latest DJI Go iOS app on an ipad mini 4.

I had the problem and after going to online support (chat) and posting on here in a separate thread, someone suggested disconnecting and then re-connecting the two cables that connect the gimbal to the aircraft.  After a bit of swearing and luck (it is fiddly) I got them back in and the problem appears to be fixed (on the bench at least).  I will do a flight test later and report back.

So if your latest firmware update went OK and you are having video feed issues , try re-seating the two cables into the gimbal.  (Credit to fellow Brit, DrawsWithLight who responded to my other thread this morning - Thanks!)
2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules